Just introducing myself, and my k11

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking about getting ideas and hints since i bought my Micra a few months back, so thought I ought to say hi!

I'm Steve and live in the New Forest, and I'm the happy owner of an Rreg '96 k11 preface lift 5dr in SLX trim.

She's metallic dark green with 46k genuine miles and two past owners.

Bought as a runabout to replace our aging 0.9cc Daihatsu Coure runabout which is now over 100k!

Already also owning a s14 200sx (project stalled as our house purchase got in way) and previously owing a p11-144 Primera and Sunny a micra seemed a logical sensible daily.
Having now owned 8 cars 50% have been Nissans!

So far in my ownership,

MOT.

Full service, all fluids+ plugs+ filters

Universal roof bars for my cycle carrier.

Toyo nano energy tyres to replace ancient and worn set

Aero wiperblades and +100% halogen bulbs for night driving.

Both rear lights replaced due to cracks with updated lights from a facelift version, all red apart from indicators and reverse/fog. Had to rewire the bulb holders.

Clear side repeaters, tried almera ones but wouldn't fit bodywork so got round ones off eBay.. Still didn't fit as connectors were wrong, but firpms with a dremel!

And a dammed good clean, bilt hamber claybar and autoglym products.. Not bad now, some minor cosmetic marks and a cracked rear bumper corner, otherwise presentable for age.

Plans.. (Really shouldn't but I can't help but tinker)..
Have sourced a wrap around rear spoiler, but cracked when removed from donor vehicle

Splitter, not sure what yet.

Very tempted to go down the alto springs route.. But need convincing, 30mm springs dont seem quite low enough.

Wheels. Probably almera 14's as i'm after quite a subtle look.

Mild induction/exhaust mods as engine does seem strangled at higher rpms and the factory exhaust rear/centre sections are nearly ready to fall off (advisory last 3mots).

If I can I'll put up a few pic's of my lil'k11 for your approval.

Steven. IMG_20150412_115215305.jpg

Loving that bottle green, and looking good. I dropped mine on 30mm springs, plenty low enough on the back, but not on the front.
I'm presently looking for 35mm/40mm springs for the front.
I have a speedo head for that with tacho, on cable drive, pm me if interested bud.

Hi and welcome to the forum, looks like you have got a very neat Micra, looking forward to your input and updates on your upgrade project! :)

Andy :D

Looking good! From what I've read a lowering will be a good mod to do. Will do mine one day! Will keep an eye out for you next time we're out I the Forest. We're often in Lyndhurst for my other halfs crafting hobby!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
spm_steve
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'll continue to hang about and see what the future holds for the Micra. Anything interesting and I'll pop up a thread.

@Machinehead
I see plenty of Micra's in the area still, no signs of modification or club affiliation though, I work in Brockenhurst so our paths may well cross!

There is atleast one other modified K11 in my town, (possibly two) but They seem to have no club affiliation either, shame because it looks smartish, and I saw the other one just twice a few months ago, sticker bombed wing and possibly lowered, on steelies