took some pics

shopping car park
img4084u.jpg

philips xtreme headlight
img4088g.jpg

philips xtreme full beam headlight
img4089ne.jpg

img4092x.jpg

Those bulbs seem to live up to their name :p I'm using the blue vision ultra's atm, but think I may switch to these now

yea they are so good :)

more informations on these links....
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-xtreme-vision-h4-car-headlight-bulbs
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4-Philips-X-treme-Vision-100-Headlight-Bulbs-pair.html

it will be nice if you get these ceramic plugs cos you wont get any burnt plugs anymore
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/Ceramic-Bulb-Holder-H4.html
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/Ceramic-Bulb-Holder-H4-BH004.html

and at last

you can get facelift headlight protectors which wont be affect other drivers' views

yea they are so good :)

more informations on these links....
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-xtreme-vision-h4-car-headlight-bulbs
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4-Philips-X-treme-Vision-100-Headlight-Bulbs-pair.html

it will be nice if you get these ceramic plugs cos you wont get any burnt plugs anymore
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/Ceramic-Bulb-Holder-H4.html
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/Ceramic-Bulb-Holder-H4-BH004.html

and at last

you can get facelift headlight protectors which wont be affect other drivers' views

did the bulb holders come in a pair or is it one per pack? The website has confused me!

Now I was just going to ask are those night shots of the new speedo pod of the green one? I hadn't realised they'd light up black at night? but now I see you have the old pod in on the bulb shots.

1275 said:
Now I was just going to ask are those night shots of the new speedo pod of the green one? I hadn't realised they'd light up black at night? but now I see you have the old pod in on the bulb shots.

Yea I put back to normal place cos I am going to use aftermarket rev counter soon. (this green dial is something wrong with temperature and petrol gauges )

Are those Phillips bulbs really a good improvement over standard H4s?
What about compared to the 55w blue filter H4s?

I'm only asking because I find the blue filtered H4s rather dull when surrounded by ambient light or other road users.

Are those Phillips bulbs really a good improvement over standard H4s?
What about compared to the 55w blue filter H4s?

I'm only asking because I find the blue filtered H4s rather dull when surrounded by ambient light or other road users.

yea skyrema, they are better improvement than standard or blue h4s. i used to buy blue h4s alot. it will burn be on my headlight plugs later on and it was dull/ dim all the times. i was fed up so i bought these ceramic headlight plugs and better quality halogen h4s. its much better than before.

i got no problems with road users and it wont be affect their views. check on these reviews..... 'philips xtreme vision'

I may get myself some of those ceramic bulb holders too, how have you found them, any difference to normal?
Also I looked on ebay for some h4 xtreme vision bulbs but on the compatibility list it says they don't fit a micra :/

I may get myself some of those ceramic bulb holders too, how have you found them, any difference to normal?
Also I looked on ebay for some h4 xtreme vision bulbs but on the compatibility list it says they don't fit a micra :/

that is what i bought it from ebay:D

get h4 bulbs then it will be fit :)

Little update......

Finally, i got my old job back now.:) It's time to saving up the money now.:D

I didn't do anything on my car since last month. I am going to plan to restore everything on my micra soon. I got custom 100mm springs with bilstein shocks and whiteline panhard rod.:cool: These parts need to be refurbish soon. It will be very slow progress because i got exams in variable dates.:eek: Good Luck to me:confused:

Hope the exams go well mate, looking forward to seeing the new mods on!
Finally gotta properly do bulbs etc on mine, just drove 130 miles at night with snow and rain with no fullbeams working, only left dipped beam and right sidelight! Connectors fell apart finally this afternoon!

JoeK11 said:
Hope the exams go well mate, looking forward to seeing the new mods on!
Finally gotta properly do bulbs etc on mine, just drove 130 miles at night with snow and rain with no fullbeams working, only left dipped beam and right sidelight! Connectors fell apart finally this afternoon!

Yea thanks mate :) Yea new mods are coming soon. I hope you will sort these headlights out :)

Little update so far.........

In this morning, i cba to revise my exam so i just want to check out with my car. i spent my time to check around if there any rusts on my car.

I am so stupid so i am not going to use nissan jack anymore.:mad: I will need to buy new trolley jack soon.:rolleyes: I fixed this up with using plier so its slightly straight now.
img4237s.jpg

img4238uv.jpg

img4239k.jpg

My first rust hole in my life.:( Its good shell body but i can't believe it though.
img4242d.jpg

I don't have sand paper, grinder and chisel etc. I used a stone for my ghetto tool to sand it. ;)
img4241h.jpg

img4242d.jpg

I got 'carplan tetroseal underbody sealant' spray from euro car parts ages ago. i used it so it's ok for a while.
img4259u.jpg

img4260m.jpg

When i bought this car so i didn't notice that my car got something.

-some strong bonding patch
img4243z.jpg

img4245mg.jpg

- welded patch
img4261m.jpg

img4262k.jpg

img4264l.jpg

I sprayed on this area cos its got some rust spots on this welded patch. :eek:
img4266fi.jpg

img4267vg.jpg

Rust pictures :(

img4248h.jpg

img4249x.jpg

img4250e.jpg

img4251n.jpg

img4252jv.jpg

img4253eg.jpg

img4254wf.jpg

img4268i.jpg

img4269hr.jpg

img4270q.jpg

img4271d.jpg

img4272r.jpg

Front arches and ground chassis are perfect so i am going to restore everything in soon. (it will be welding, rust removing and under sealant painting)

My plan list is:
  • need to restore everything as like brand new car.
  • need to get new tyres for sr alloys.:cool:
  • get some parts from scrappy (mud splash guard on left front only, boot trim, full complete interior with doorcards and more so on.)
That's it for now on.:)

EDIT: modification parts will be add in around june :)

Little update so far....

BMW's mot is passed now. i am so happy but there are lot of advisory errors. it will be need to fix up soon.(by the summer time) I hope that my mum will pay this insurance for me. (fingers cross:()

My driver's seat was worn out recently so I haven't got time to replace another seat. ( my back was so pain for ages) A week later on, Someone gave me a good condition of slx driver seat. (its not fold-able seat but its ok. :))

20130402200512.jpg

img4305f.jpg

img4304o.jpg

img4332m.jpg

speed 0 meter wasn't working so my speedo cable was snapped.:eek: I replaced another speedo cable from my uncle's old micra. thanks to sulur who helped me. :)

img4309bh.jpg

img4310ow.jpg

img4311t.jpg

img4317by.jpg

img4318m.jpg

dirty engine :(
img4319v.jpg

it makes me so sad now. it was too late to rescue this micra but in 3 years later on, i pass my driving licence. 3 years is a big time so i couldn't do anything. i am going take some parts in soon. i will keep these parts in my safe place. :)
img4314f.jpg

the work was done so i was so tired then went to back to home. i was so happy with this speed o meter. it was working so i can carry on with my mpg workout. :D
img4315ti.jpg

at end of the day, my hands was so dirty with old grease and dirts. next time, i will need to wear safety protection gloves.:rolleyes:
img4312gn.jpg

i tidy this area properly so these doors are holding with curtain line. :) ( no door hinges)

img4329n.jpg

My driver side window's frame was bent so i couldn't close it up properly ( since october 2012:eek: ) . i took my uncle's old micra window and frame too. for now, its much better cos i can breathe in and out lol.

faulty frame
img4346pg.jpg

my uncle's old micra frame
img4348s.jpg

img4345.JPG

Right now, my micra is so dead bored for me. I do work only every weekend which is not enough income for me atm.(i am full time student). I will get summer job soon so everything is ok atm. i got plans so i want to own 3 cars by this summer.

- bmw if my mum pay this insurance for me hopefully.
- my present micra (renewal next insurance on this june)
- want to get another micra for turbo booooooooossst. (i am starting to get some parts bit by bit)

My present micra will be restore everything soon cos my little cousin is going to get a job in my uncle's garage. i hope if we can work out on our cars soon.

i dont want tell anymore lol. i think it will be enough for a while.

I will be off here for a while. :( I need to focus on my study from now until late summer. i am sure that i will come back when i get good progress. if you want to contact to me then here is my email: [email protected]

My present micra's plan list:

Need to do now:
  • Need to refurbish sr alloys and to order new tyres as well.
  • wheel alignment and tracking when these sr alloys are ready to add before.
  • Need to work hard with my job and my study too. :)
Going to do soon and will order parts bit by bit:
  • Need to restore everything as like a brand new car. (move these rust areas, paint underbody sealant and engine bay etc.)
  • New braking system ( Need to get everything as new)
  • Need to get two sets of wheels ( Can't tell now. :D)
  • Need to order full kit of poly bushes.
  • Want my interior to be black style.
  • New rods, wishbones, driveshafts and more so on.
  • Need to get some goodies.
  • Need to get performance parts.
cant think anymore but it will be more to add. :)
I am going to be off by tomorrow or a day after ( i am waiting for some members to message back to me. :) )
Peace
JK

Little update so far....

I tried my best to fix these rust areas on rear arches and rear bumper (its only small rust areas atm). I put some underbody sealant so it going to be temporary for a while. it looks so bad so in soon, i will need to do a proper job.
There is no point for me to modify my micra cos i need to sort these rust and common problems out first. if i done these then my car will be survive longer. i hope so.:rolleyes:

img4365f.jpg

img4366k.jpg

img4367w.jpg

img4368qu.jpg

img4369jn.jpg

img4370h.jpg

img4371u.jpg

img4372s.jpg

img4373u.jpg

img4374p.jpg

img4375wx.jpg

job done.;) there is more to go. :s
img4377f.jpg

nothing update atm....

suspending doing with my micra from two days ago. :( i started to revise for my exams from yesterday. Now, i am thinking to get another micra 1.3 soon. i am going to try and cope with two micras in one way. we will see what happening in the future. :)

Finally, i bought black super s recently so i will make a new blog soon. :) It was about to scrap it so i managed to rescue this super s. I am not here to show off so just want to progress on this car (this car is hurting itself badly :() :) Hopefully i will run two micras in june if i get good insurance quotes.

Today, my insurance provider letter came in this morning today. They want me to stay another year again so its already drop the price. :eek: (First year was £3000. Now is £1150) Do you know why? I got one year ncb and almost two years driving licence . :D Was so pleased with this. Now, i need to find out for my super s soon. :)

Today, my insurance provider letter came in this morning today. They want me to stay another year again so its already drop the price. :eek: (First year was £3000. Now is £1150) Do you know why? I got one year ncb and almost two years driving licence . :D Was so pleased with this. Now, i need to find out for my super s soon. :)
Get shopping around now JK cos there will be competition to beat your renewal.....should get it down some more ;)

Get shopping around now JK cos there will be competition to beat your renewal.....should get it down some more ;)

with my super s. yes, i will do thanks. :)

i am happy with my first insurance provider (direct line) so i would like to stay with my first insurance provider for longer term. still i can get lower with others but i dont want too. will get a good name lol.

JoeK11 said:
I'm not a fan of direct line, not very cheap and don't like mods...

It's true tho. My dad told me about this. I want to put extra mods which are only wheels and suspension. If they are cheap then I don't mind. Still it's better to find other companies if they are lower than direct line. I will find other companies before I move into second year. We will see.

I am very happy with church hill because it's one of my cheapest quote so far. I can't add add modification parts cos they will ask for more money. secretly, i will put only uprated poly bushes and uprated braking system on both micras. :)

i changed my mind now so i want these cars to be standard and working out with mpg too. :)

i got to wait until next year so we will see. :( I need to get my life back first. i just want to say something... this forum is so cool because its very useful info for those people who got micras. i was about to get another cars so when i found this forum so i was shocked. that is why i get micras :). Soon, I won't be here a lot so wish me luck people ( i need to qualify to become an accountant. :) )

I drove this car almost 27,000miles since feb 2012. Its about time to replace new parts soon.

Anyway.

Today, i spend my time to check around with these braking system, cv joints and under these arches. Some are ok and other are bad points. Please tell me about these pictures if they are good or bad. I will upload pictures soon. Thanks. :)

Left Hand Front Wheel...
IMG_4568_zpsa871f728.jpg

IMG_4569_zps60cc2ec6.jpg

IMG_4570_zps0c44a610.jpg

IMG_4571_zps96f01a6c.jpg

IMG_4572_zps516b597c.jpg

IMG_4573_zpsb29875e0.jpg

IMG_4574_zpscb57c735.jpg

IMG_4575_zpsb682a412.jpg

IMG_4576_zps917dfd12.jpg

I need to replace new brake pads, new LH cv gaiter and new disc? Do i need to get new disc? is this LH caliper ok? I think both calipers need to be re-servicing soon right?

Back