• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Red GX 'Betty'

Always declare mods
You always get idiots (not you) that don't declare things and think they're being clever cheating the system and then hit our FULLY DECLARED pride and joy's for us to not be able to claim against them

At least you've declared something and not one of those people.
You're just unfortunate you have snooty neighbours

Forever rolling my eyes!

I have just renewed my insurance, since i have had this new exhaust on aswell its errrr, interesting

Im not gonna go any further :\

Cars get dirty too quick this time of year :(
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386941317.985321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After fitting the cat and standard back box on the other day it feels so much (don't want to say slower) but really strained, it doesn't rev as freely as it did wen I had the de cat and cherry bomb on. Might just be in my head but defiantly feels different to drive and also there is a massive flat spot from at 2k rpm to 3k rpm in 4th. Sucks having no noise :(

Was just a bog standard 1.6 but still funny cos they looked and laughed lol

They'll go tell their mates the opposite how they wasted you etc etc and not accept they're slow

Similar to most people round here. Talking a group of randoms and how they "smashed this silver 1litre micra with loads of stickers on it in the golf gti"... I said didn't the golf gti get annihilated by that micra? ... their faces were a picture especially when I said it was mine. I got hate big time. I like how they get angry

The Mk4 Golf was the worst.
Even the GTi feels sluggish.

Can't believe VW sold them with 80HP 1.4s when they are so heavy!

My favourites was Corsa D 1.2s. Especially the kitted up rude boi ones. Easy win, I know. But satisfying nonetheless.

The Mk4 Golf was the worst.
Even the GTi feels sluggish.

Can't believe VW sold them with 80HP 1.4s when they are so heavy!

My favourites was Corsa D 1.2s. Especially the kitted up rude boi ones. Easy win, I know. But satisfying nonetheless.
80hp isn't much, especially for a car of that weight. My 1l almost be my mates 1.2 corsa D haha they are slow!

Even more denial when they catch you up after being left. Usually goes little like this......

Q: "what ya got in there bruv, 2.0?"
A: "n'ah, 1275cc innit"
Q: :eek:?!?
I love the ghetto language :p
They assume bigger engine always means faster car. No understanding of basic fundamentals such as power/weight.

But.. when they "beat you" when describing it to their friends our cars are then labelled as "1 litres".. yet still find pride in it

I love the ghetto language :p
They assume bigger engine always means faster car. No understanding of basic fundamentals such as power/weight.

But.. when they "beat you" when describing it to their friends our cars are then labelled as "1 litres".. yet still find pride in it

It's an exact quote from someone who got wasted in a silver Corsa with red bumpers decked on a set of borbets with silly stretched tyres when he was comfortably left while doing triple figures :rolleyes:

It's an exact quote from someone who got wasted in a silver Corsa with red bumpers decked on a set of borbets with silly stretched tyres when he was comfortably left while doing triple figures :rolleyes:
Because alloys + lowered to floor + stretch tyres = unbeatable race car

Only sensible sidewall I can get in a semi-slick on a 13" billet though.....

And this is another case of 'Thread Hijacked' by Dave ;)

I dont mind you carry on discussing :)
I got a 165 on a 6j :(. Really want to get some 195's but i cant find any with a low enough profile in a 14 to fit under the arch :/
I work in a tyre fitting place so i just try any i take off that i think might fit but they never do, need coilovers so i can raise it! Matiz with dropped perch is too low :(

I dont mind you carry on discussing :)
I got a 165 on a 6j :(. Really want to get some 195's but i cant find any with a low enough profile in a 14 to fit under the arch :/
I work in a tyre fitting place so i just try any i take off that i think might fit but they never do, need coilovers so i can raise it! Matiz with dropped perch is too low :(
Continental do a 195/40R14, and both Yokohama and Toyo do a 195/45R14

Hehe, thanks Scott ;)

Above photo doesn't look too bad, I've seen people with a lot less clearance than that on here :eek:

FYI, we're squeezing in a 13x7 ET10 under a +20mm Aspect FRP front wing. For comparison, the attached photo shows a 15x7 ~ET20 with 195/45 and a bit of +'ive camber due to it being a rolling shell currently.

Attachments

• 20130906_112005.jpg
    20130906_112005.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 303
I need to take a picture at that angle... I've 195/50r15 under mine no issue

Have you used the willtheyfit website to check the size difference on lower profiles Scott?

I need to take a picture at that angle... I've 195/50r15 under mine no issue

Have you used the willtheyfit website to check the size difference on lower profiles Scott?
Yeah, I think it would probably work but my tyres scrub on the arches atm but with the lower profile it might be okay. I won't be doing anything else to the car anyway, saving for a new one so she will sadly be up for sale in April :(

Hehe, thanks Scott ;)

Above photo doesn't look too bad, I've seen people with a lot less clearance than that on here :eek:

FYI, we're squeezing in a 13x7 ET10 under a +20mm Aspect FRP front wing. For comparison, the attached photo shows a 15x7 ~ET20 with 195/45 and a bit of +'ive camber due to it being a rolling shell currently.
Finally got off your bum to sort her out Dave?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It's drives not very straight tho and my panhard rod looks like a banana. I'm gonna get it on the ramp later and have a look underneath if I get a chance. My boss was following me and said there were sparks flying everywhere as I went backwards up the kerb :/

It's drives not very straight tho and my panhard rod looks like a banana. I'm gonna get it on the ramp later and have a look underneath if I get a chance. My boss was following me and said there were sparks flying everywhere as I went backwards up the kerb :/

Details man! Wet road, lost traction?

Details man! Wet road, lost traction?
Was coming off a roundabout and there is a slight left and I was racing my boss lol. It wasnt really wet but as I came back up the road from turning around there were two damp patches in the road. It started wheel spinning in 3rd!! Then the next thing I know the rear end had gone and I tried to counter steer and power out but it just carried on spinning. Did a 180 and went backwards up a big kerb. Must have been something slippery on the road cos I've pushed it a lot alot harder than that before without the back end coming out. Only put my alloys back on 2 days ago and two of them are bent and scratched now :(. Hope the damage isn't to bad underneath. My steering wheel is quite far out from straight now too. I'll get it on the 4 wheel alignment machine and see what the readings are

Counter-steered and powered out in a FWD? Always turn into it and no power in a FWD... learnt that lesson myself but no damage or no one harmed in learning my lesson. Kills a slide/spin quick
Everyone makes mistakes at least you're here telling the story ;)

Hope the cars ok too

Last edited:
Counter-steered and powered out in a FWD? Always turn into it and no power in a FWD... learnt that lesson myself but no damage or no one harmed in learning my lesson
Everyone makes mistakes at least you're here telling the story ;)

Hope the cars ok too
In fwd I always thought you turn into it and plant the throttle so if the front wheels get traction it pulls you out of the slide?
I've had it sideways twice and not lost it I guess that time I wasn't so lucky :/.
Hopefully I'll see what the damage is later...

In fwd I always thought you turn into it and plant the throttle so if the front wheels get traction it pulls you out of the slide?
I've had it sideways twice and not lost it I guess that time I wasn't so lucky :/.

By throttling it especially in the wet you break traction... spinning wheels have a harder time gripping wet tarmac than still ones do. Turning into it won't stop a slide it will simply bring it to a halt
Usually light counter steering and partial throttle solves but if over rotated there's not much if anything you can do. Fwd aren't designed to handle such scenarios as rwd and awd will do.

Like I say.. you're ok and I'm sure the car will. Those millisecond decisions aren't something we're always prepared for

Just check wheel bearings and axle is straight.
Thats 2 counts of mimmicking Huzzy there, his panhard rod was almost U shaped...

I steer into it slightly, not too much or else you will snap the other way when you regain grip.
Like Andy said, full throttle will worsen it but so will lifting off the throttle, keep the throttle about half open :)
hope it never happens again but you always learn from mistakes eh

By throttling it especially in the wet you break traction... spinning wheels have a harder time gripping wet tarmac than still ones do. Turning into it won't stop a slide it will simply bring it to a halt
Usually light counter steering and partial throttle solves but if over rotated there's not much if anything you can do. Fwd aren't designed to handle such scenarios as rwd and awd will do.

Like I say.. you're ok and I'm sure the car will. Those millisecond decisions aren't something we're always prepared for
The road was dry, was just a patch of wet when I started to spin. We been flat out all day so I didn't get to see what damage I have done underneath :/

Just check wheel bearings and axle is straight.
Thats 2 counts of mimmicking Huzzy there, his panhard rod was almost U shaped...
One wheel bearing is knackered cos I checked it the other day so it'll be even worse now as that's the wheel that hit the kerb first. Axel looked okay from when I look with the torch after but can't really tell until I get it up on the ramp. Looks like the panhard rod to the shock off it and just bent

I steer into it slightly, not too much or else you will snap the other way when you regain grip.
Like Andy said, full throttle will worsen it but so will lifting off the throttle, keep the throttle about half open :)
hope it never happens again but you always learn from mistakes eh
Yeah I hope it doesn't happen again too. I've had it slide twice on my before and it's usually quite controllable and apparent when it's going to happen, came out of no where this Time :(

Back