• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Red GX 'Betty'

whats the purpose off the limiter just to get it to pop? and will it pop all the time or just when you rev it like tht?
The purpose of the bee r is to reduce chance of melting the internals of the engine when hitting the limiter because the factory limiters are fuel cut which makes the mixture stupidly lean therefore making it really hot inside the combustion chamber whereas the bee r is an ignition cut so when you hit the limiter with the bee r it's just dumping loads of fuel in so you don't get the really lean conditions. It can also be used as launch control and it will only pop like that when bounced off the limier. Mine does pop and bang a little when going down the gears but that's cos I have no cats on my exhaust system. Hope that's understandable :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The purpose of the bee r is to reduce chance of melting the internals of the engine when hitting the limiter because the factory limiters are fuel cut which makes the mixture stupidly lean therefore making it really hot inside the combustion chamber which causes no ignition in the combustion chamber, and therefore zero heat, whereas the bee r is an ignition cut so when you hit the limiter with the bee r it's just dumping loads of fuel into the exhaust that ignites inside the cat if you have one, or else splits the silencer open in so you don't get the really lean conditions. It can also be used as launch control and it will only pop like that when bounced off the limier. Mine does pop and bang a little when going down the gears but that's cos I have no cats on my exhaust system. Hope that's understandable :)

fixed :)

Its very similar to anti lag systems although not as harsh. And with anti lag on we go through a fair share of manifolds, turbos and exhausts a year.
It can and will reduce the life of your exhaust system. Not to put a downer on it but a forewarning :)

Well I've got the police coming to visit Sunday because my neighbours have been complaining about my exhaust apparently. I've been in Devon for a week now so why they would complain when I have been away for a week doesn't make sense. I got pulled over while I've been down here for my noisy exhaust so I bet they have told the Andover station :(. Looks like I'm in a world of trouble and the Micra will probably get sized I guess :/. Wish me and betty luck.

Can't sieze it mate you're safe there. Its all legal I take it? Insured, mot & tax

They'll tell you to take it off and go for a sound test at most.
This is providing you dont rev it like a tesco chav at 3am?

Can't sieze it mate you're safe there. Its all legal I take it? Insured, mot & tax

They'll tell you to take it off and go for a sound test at most.
This is providing you dont rev it like a tesco chav at 3am?
Yeah all legal apart from not declaring mods :/. Nah I keep it quite when I'm around my estate because I don't want this to happen! Might be on look out for something quieter than a cherry bomb....
Also my address are all out on my license and insurance. Licence is at Devon address, insurance at my Nan's address Because that's were I first started the policy.

Doesn't matter what insurance the address us under... the car moves so its covered nationwide.
Only thing being if you say it lives in a garage at that address and its on a drive where you are now you're not covered for vandalism etc.

Mods not being declared invalidates insurance... they will check.. then they can sieze it
Leave it on a drive on private property and they can't touch it

This is why I'm forever saying "declare everything" you haven't to panic at times like this then

Yeah all legal apart from not declaring mods :/. Nah I keep it quite when I'm around my estate because I don't want this to happen! Might be on look out for something quieter than a cherry bomb....
Also my address are all out on my license and insurance. Licence is at Devon address, insurance at my Nan's address Because that's were I first started the policy.

Send it away ASAP. They can't see the adress is out if it's in the post, and by the time they see it it'll be correct. You should always AT LEAST declare lowering on a car, when police see you it'll come up as 'modified' on their system... put the stock exhaust back on and grind a massive hole just on front of the backbox so it blows like a mofo, then say you'll get it fixed.

Send it away ASAP. They can't see the adress is out if it's in the post, and by the time they see it it'll be correct. You should always AT LEAST declare lowering on a car, when police see you it'll come up as 'modified' on their system... put the stock exhaust back on and grind a massive hole just on front of the backbox so it blows like a mofo, then say you'll get it fixed.
That's my get out of trouble short term advice, long term, DECLARE YOUR MODS!

Not looking good is it. I got lowering declared but I'm not allowed to go below 5 cm and it's on matiz struts with lowered perch so probably 8cm. I chopped the standard back box up to make the cherry bomb fit :/. If I've got time I'll put the CAT back in Sunday morning but I've not got much time to do anything cos I'm in Devon till Saturday.

Not looking good is it. I got lowering declared but I'm not allowed to go below 5 cm and it's on matiz struts with lowered perch so probably 8cm. I chopped the standard back box up to make the cherry bomb fit :/. If I've got time I'll put the CAT back in Sunday morning but I've not got much time to do anything cos I'm in Devon till Saturday.

Not your fault if your stock springs had sagged before you went 50mm lower...

Always declare mods
You always get idiots (not you) that don't declare things and think they're being clever cheating the system and then hit our FULLY DECLARED pride and joy's for us to not be able to claim against them

At least you've declared something and not one of those people.
You're just unfortunate you have snooty neighbours

They would probably notice the difference between a 4-2-1 mani and standard tho? I'll put that CAT on at work Sunday if I get a chance and leave 2 of the bolts loose I think

Declare it now? Defo put the 2nd cat back on, but its a system approved for road use so you should be ok. A TSSC member had the same thing, neighbours complaining about his loud exhaust. Showed police the bit where it said his exhaust system was sold for road use etc and neighbours couldn't do ****.

Declare it now? Defo put the 2nd cat back on, but its a system approved for road use so you should be ok. A TSSC member had the same thing, neighbours complaining about his loud exhaust. Showed police the bit where it said his exhaust system was sold for road use etc and neighbours couldn't do ####.
Good I idea. Might give them a call and see how much it is.

Insurance is harsh.

This is also the reason why I removed my 4-2-1 and decat. Too loud, too bait.
Frankspeed with mid silencer is beautiful.

But this should be a lesson to everyone that not declaring is not worth it.

I'm insured with Brentacre, I'm paying £200 a year more than last BUT I can have UNLIMITED cosmetic mods declared for free.

Wheels, lows (low as I like), tints, arches etc etc.

Insurance is harsh.

This is also the reason why I removed my 4-2-1 and decat. Too loud, too bait.
Frankspeed with mid silencer is beautiful.

But this should be a lesson to everyone that not declaring is not worth it.

I'm insured with Brentacre, I'm paying £200 a year more than last BUT I can have UNLIMITED cosmetic mods declared for free.

Wheels, lows (low as I like), tints, arches etc etc.
If I had a decent baffled back box it wouldn't be so bad but when we used the oxy on the cherry bomb to make it fit we accidentally burnt all the stuff inside the silencer :wasntme:

But yeah people declare your mods please!!

Everyone is well up for not declaring mods, removing cats and fitting HID's, until they get their first (and sometimes last) run in with the law... :)

MFW I cant reply for some reason da fooq

I always declare mine, sure its a pain in the ass being young and having to pay a s**t tonne but its better than having no ride or license

So I put the cat back on and a standard back box (fell so slow now!) and the police never turned up :/. Gonna leave it like it for a couple weeks just in case they come surprise us somewhen but fingers crossed I might have got away with it :)

Back