James K11 forged turbo now on the road!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
omex600sm.jpg

Fitted one of these to a certain (turbo) 1.4 micra today. Quite a nice bit of kit!!!!! :) :) It will be running soon!!!

it sounds awsome now! if that's only taking it steady, them OMG. it's going to sound even better giving it some.
top work btw.

hehe! I cant wait to see it on some high boost !!!!!

To be fair my expectations are very high of this. Only reason being is there is no reason why they shouldn't be. But since its not been done before like this I cant say exactly how much but 200+ short term more long term.

About time too Ed. :p Lol, nah only joking I understand the effort and amount of work that has gone into this, and nice to see it finally up and running. The car sounds awesome now. :D

Sounds nice. Are you going to be using a longer ratio box with it? When I was in Mr Grassies he was running out of gears very quickly.

Ian said:
it already has longer ratios then a CG13, that car can hit 60 in 2nd gear and 90 in 3rd.

That it can :p

Might go for a better all-round box in the future once this one has been mashed into the ground, we'll see how it holds out first :)

It certainly sounds lovely and its just ace to drive, never drove anything like it, the Nismo clutch really is 'on or off' :O

Nis.

paddymarsden said:
not 'James' with the SR. this James has a blue facelift micra with a bonnet scoop..

If it was 'James' with the SR, you wouldn't of heard it over the timing chain!!!

Is sounding very sweet though, I love that sound!!! 200+ BHP - I'm loving the sound of that!!!!

Sounds swweeeeeeettttttt!Being as though u live in Leicester any chance of catching a ride in it anytime?200bhp plus is CRAZY!

Just been out for a quick spin in this car, and even on 0.5bar of boost and not fully mapped yet...

I WANT THIS CAR!!!! It's going to be one INSANE K11 when it's finished :D

The noise, the acceleration, the smile it put on my face!!! I love it!

James said:
Just been out for a quick spin in this car, and even on 0.5bar of boost and not fully mapped yet...

I WANT THIS CAR!!!! It's going to be one INSANE K11 when it's finished :D

The noise, the acceleration, the smile it put on my face!!! I love it!

It put a smile on your face??? Can you imagine what I was like? :p

Nis.

Update:

The project has covered about 150 miles now. Its currently running 0.57 bar boost, and is running fine. The minor problems with the cooling system have now been solved for the time being, however we are on the limit of the standard rad even at these moderate power increases.

For those who have no idea:

The following has been done so far:

CGA3DE
Full rebuild including all bearings and seals.
FMS Custom uprated low comp oversize pistons.
FMS Custom shortened conrods with ARP bolts.
GTi-R fuel pump
FMS Copper headgasket with secret sealing mod ;)
Omex 600 ECU, modified to suit external coil pack driver.
Custom loom with one off wasted spark coil pack ignition system.
Bosch 440cc injectors.
Garret GT25R rollerbearing turbo.
Nismo paddle clutch
Gearbox LSD conversion.

There will be more but I cant think of anything else right now!

It's running extremely well!!! It's very quick, not far off my 280bhp 200sx (although it has a few minor running problems), so much fun ;)

The dump valve is a HKS SSQV, so yeah it does sound like an HKS valve :p

The LSD now thats a secret lol :p As far as I am aware you can't buy them anymore, but I could be mistaken :S

Nis.

Just incase its not clear the 200sx has the running problems not the micra haha.

Ill price it once the project is complete.

Very rought approx though:
Engine inc headgasket, internals machining assembly etc £3K
Turbo and manfold £1100 ish
ecu inc fitting 1200
There is ofcourse alot more such as all the intercooler pipework and all the other bits that have been changed, but those are the big ones.

Back