I'm A Mong

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
I am so frustrated with myself. I now have a matching pair of scrapes to each corner of my bumper.

After accidentally bumping up a curb yesterday, I decided I'd take the 5 out for a drive to see if everything still seemed to be in check. Have had a great day with friends, gorgeous evening, so was on a high.

Turning round in a layby opposite a steep bank, I pulled out to turn round, but thought I had enough room to make the turning. Wrong. Massive clunk, I was like, 'oh s***, that's the same wheel as yesterday, not good'. So I drove home carefully seeing if the car became anymore difficult to drive. Seemed fine, maybe a bit hard on the steering, but could be me overreacting... Got home, and alas, not the wheel but the whole flipping bumper instead. Ripped the foglight out of its mounting, cracked the bumper, and scrapes that T-Cut will never fix. Wheel seems alright though... It's just neverending, one thing after another with this car :(

Onto the pics :(

DSCF8881.jpg

Foglight where it's MEANT to be
DSCF8882.jpg

DSCF8883.jpg

Quick clean to assess the damage :(
DSCF8885.jpg

FFS :( My mum thinks the car is too 'powerful', however I think I am still just a mong and not judging distances with the humongous bonnet still. You decide :(

I feel like crying, I am so fed up with problems with this car :(

no mate no
this happens to everyone now and then (and same like you no one feels good at the time)
a mong? i thought your post title was to do with being among the best!!
anyway peel of that strange feeling and throw it far away
one guy decided to floor his supra at 70 on motor way and spun right out and into the central non park area-imagine how he felt

First day with my new car and I scraped all down the side on the back of a lorry. It happens to most new-ish drivers til they get used to the size of a new car. Don't worry about it, it's only a flesh wound anyway, easy fix.

no mate no
this happens to everyone now and then (and same like you no one feels good at the time)
a mong? i thought your post title was to do with being among the best!!
anyway peel of that strange feeling and throw it far away
one guy decided to floor his supra at 70 on motor way and spun right out and into the central non park area-imagine how he felt

Not feeling too great at the moment, crying at the mo :(

Drift spec bumper FTW :p

I wish, it was just such a good looking car before and now it's ruined :(

First day with my new car and I scraped all down the side on the back of a lorry. It happens to most new-ish drivers til they get used to the size of a new car. Don't worry about it, it's only a flesh wound anyway, easy fix.

Not too easy, it needs a new bumper easily :(

Well you've got no excuse not to now,

get the diff welded, pick up some dteels with half dead tyres and go and have some sideways fun

If it makes you feel any better, last year I thought I'd park on a hill, my friend was telling me not to do it as I'd never get the car back up. After reversing down the hill I realized he was right I was just sat there spinning the front wheels, he had to drag me off the hill in front of my whole family and some good looking lass's I felt like a right mong

or just get the bumper filled and sprayed when you saved the money, remember your not in a tiny little micra anymore, good luck

dont get too down,it could have been alot worse (Y)fwn

Martboy - I might just have to. And yeah I suppose it could be worse, but it just feels like theres one thing after another with this car. Just bee told the light pods I have too were uber rare. Ones laying shattered partly on our living room carpet, and a back road in Salisbury :(
Karl - Nutter! :p

change the title or delete this now
enough punishmant for one day
you cant be a mong and like micras!!!:laugh:

It took me ages to get used to Tinas old MX-5 kept on curbing the alloys, proberly because of the ride height, seating being really low. Just don't worry about it, secretly I have been eyeing up an MX-5 near me for £1220.oo keep on wanting to part ex the Micra, but I'm being strong as I want to finish this project....

secretly I have been eyeing up an MX-5 near me for £1220.oo keep on wanting to part ex the Micra, but I'm being strong as I want to finish this project....

I know what you mean there's a white 3dr E30 beamer near the missus for 995 I've been drooling over

change the title or delete this now
enough punishmant for one day
you cant be a mong and like micras!!!:laugh:

Lol I know, but I've certainly felt mong-like today! :p

It took me ages to get used to Tinas old MX-5 kept on curbing the alloys, proberly because of the ride height, seating being really low. Just don't worry about it, secretly I have been eyeing up an MX-5 near me for £1220.oo keep on wanting to part ex the Micra, but I'm being strong as I want to finish this project....

Yeah guess so - i still have trouble parking it, it's low and wide compared to a Micra! Do it, thats a good price! Keep both! :D

Doesn't look so bad once you've cleaned it off. Could have been a lot worse, could have really thumped it hard. Id drive it like that until i found a green car being broken on a club then get the bumper :)

Back