Witnessed a fatal accident tonight... I'm shaking...

CMF_James MSC

» CMF Member
Details are quite upsetting so if anyone doesn't wish to read on then click back and dont read below the line...

Was driving back from Bluewater (a shopping centre in the UK) after seeing a film with my friends, got onto the M25 (Motorway that goes all the way around London), was just coming up to about 70/75mph (~110-120 km/h) in the 3rd lane, moving to the second lane, then my lights start to illuminate two cars crashed in the central reservation. There's a girl out of the vehicle, waving around in the second lane, i swerve left, the car in front of my HITS the girl at about 80, maybe more (death on impact) and she clips the side of my car.

So I slam the brakes on, get out and call 999, the police are here within minutes.... Absolutely shaking by now with no one in the car with me to comfort me, the people that saw the original accident confirmed the car in front of me hit her pretty damn hard. Seeing her laying in the middle lane with her brother screaming at the top of his lungs still haunts me to this second

The police have decided to impound my car seeing as it did make contact with the body, and said it could take anything from weeks to months to recover, so as for the moment i'm car-less, had to call my mum up at 5am and ask her to pick me up halfway between the accident scene and her house.

So that's where I am right now, at my mum's, still shaking (bearing in mind my phone recalls the call to 999 at 02:49am thats quite a long time to shake for).

Has anyone had any experience with things like this or anything similar? Cos i'm so afraid I'm going to have things haunting me in my dreams and stuff.

Sorry for the lengthiness and graphicness of this post but I had to get it off my chest.

A very upset,
James :(

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Oh mate very sad to read this.You may need to see someone to help you put it all in perspective otherwise it will eat you up.
Having lived in Vietnam I saw things that stayed with me for a long time.I ain't going to go into details but witnessed death a few times.
Go get some councelling mate if it gets too much.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
sorry to hear it. its never a good thing witnessing that. i had a friend witness a fatal accident and was first on scene and stuff. since you were kinda involved the police should provide you with access to a counsellor. get intouch with the police and they should help you out. do it soon .. dont let it get to you!!

CMF_S2000

» CMF Member
Yea...death is a weird thing. I had an experience but never one like yours. Sorry to hear that. I agree with the others. Its one of those things that requires someone else.

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
You need to talk to someone, even if its just a friend. Take it from someone who has seen a lot of this (my father was a cop in the airforce & my mother is a nurse, so between the two of them there isnt much I haven't seen). Ive also been at the scene of a few fatal & near fatal accidents. Just sit down with a close friend or family member & talk. If that doesn't work it might be time to talk to a counsellor.

Im very sorry to hear what happened.

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
I spent all day Sunday with James, n i'm surprised how well he was! He was back on the road in a few hours, although not in the Micra, as that's been taken by the police.

Back