Witnessed a fatal accident tonight... I'm shaking...

James

Chairman
Details are quite upsetting so if anyone doesn't wish to read on then click back and dont read below the line...

Quite easily the worst night of my life tonight...
Was driving back from Bluewater after seeing a film with my friends, got onto the M25, was just coming up to about 70/75 in the 3rd lane, moving to the second lane, then my lights start to illuminate two cars crashed in the central reservation. There's a girl out of the vehicle, waving around in the second lane, i swerve left, the car in front of my HITS the girl at about 80, maybe more (death on impact) and she clips the side of my car.

So I slam the brakes on, get out and call 999, the police are here within minutes.... Absolutely shaking by now with no one in the car with me to comfort me, the people that saw the original accident confirmed the car in front of me hit her pretty damn hard. Seeing her laying in the middle lane with her brother screaming at the top of his lungs still haunts me to this second :down:

The police have decided to impound my car seeing as it did make contact with the body, and said it could take anything from weeks to months to recover, so as for the moment i'm car-less, had to call my mum up at 5am and ask her to pick me up halfway between the accident scene and her house.

So that's where I am right now, at my mum's, still shaking (bearing in mind my phone recalls the call to 999 at 02:49am thats quite a long time to shake for).

Has anyone had any experience with things like this or anything similar? Cos i'm so afraid I'm going to have things haunting me in my dreams and stuff.

Sorry for the lengthiness and graphicness of this post but I had to get it off my chest.

A very upset,
James :(:down:

Oh My God James If It Wasnt So Early I Would Ring U. Im Sending U A Telepathic Cuddle Sounds Horrible Hope Your Ok I Dont Think I Could Cope Seeing Something Like This If U Need To Tslk U Got My Number Xxx

i think i spent the majority of last night on the phone between james and his mum!
he was fairly cut up last night :( sorry to other members i rang at daft oclock, i didnt know what else to do!

dam hope your ok dude its a bad thing to see, i had 2 call 999 wen a woman was about to jump off a bridge onto the m8 and had to wait untill they came, thankfully she didnt becuase the police got there in time!! but james get better mate be strong! thots are wit that girls bro and family

sorry to here this james iv ben in similar circumstances.. shocks a bad thing.. but you have to just remember you did all you could and nothing you could have done would have changed a thing.. loosing the car int gona help.. and to have her clip your car.. be strong dude and talk about it talking is one of the best ways of working through somthing like this...

Mate, unfortunately I have been through a few, the worst being the Lan Kwai Fung Tragedy on the New Years Eve Tragedy where 20 people were trampled to death (I was nearly one of them). Any experience where you see up close the realities of death are harrowing and very upsetting.

You did everything you could, from your description there was nothing further you could do. It is upsetting and frightening although it does get better, you forget last night but you will come to live with it. It sounds awful but it could have been worse, you could have been the car in front!

Best advice I could give is to talk about it with someone you know and trust in full, it does help, make sure you don;t hold back any feelings and let everything out or feelings will build up inside you and get worse...

Hope your alright, been there before and it's not a nice place to be...

Thoughts are with you.
Ryan

Sorry to hear this m8, best thing is to talk to people about it and don't bottle it up m8!

So sorry to hear about this James, i cant imagine what your going thru but iv seen some situations like it.

Like everyone has said, its better to talk about it than to jus try and forget it cos it wont go away until you have worked thru what happened and come to terms with it x

Oh my god mate that's awful. Cant imagine what your feeling right now. If you need to talk, im always here.

Hey James,

I don't know you too well and I might not seem like a friendly face to you. I just want you to know I'll be here (and I'm sure the rest on the MSC) to support you. If you need to talk I'll be on MSN most of the day. Everything'll be alright dude, just get some rest and something to eat. Try and stay off the road for a couple of days until you're confident.
Hope you're ok mate, Speak to you soon!

-Jamie

Terrible. One of those things I hope that I never have to see. If its of any comfort at all, at least she probably wouldn't have felt anything after being hit at that speed. I just feel terrible for her brother, yourself and the other people involved.

As I'm sure your aware though, theres plenty of people here for you if you need to talk to anyone.

Not nice to hear these things mate. Have had first hand experience in those things - so know exactly what your feeling. Only a txt or a call away mate - always a answer at the end of the phone.

Peace n love

Titch :kungfu:
Richard

That's awful fella

I would think about some counseling after that as its not worth being brave were your mental health is at steak.

Also make a toast to the poor dead person and there family and hope that were ever they are your wishes are with them.

oh my god, i think we have all been in a similar situation but nothing compared to what you have been through. well as everyone has said i think you just need to take care of yourself for a couple of days and if needs be talk to a councellor etc dont worry dude i know of people in a similar situation and they turned out fine but the next few days will be tough. hope your feeling okay man.

Layla said:
I was just going to post that link.

Thank you so much to all the kind comments, It means so much to me that you lot are behind me with all this, my mum even told me that Ollie called round to see me today but couldn't quite remember where my house was!

I feel a bit better this morning and I've spoken to a few people about it, I managed to grab a couple of hours sleep.

I feel proud to call all you people on here my friends and thank you for thinking of me :)

James.

sorry to hear that you had to go through that, the only thing close to death for me was last year, i was over in New Orleans when hurricane Katrina hit, we made it to Houston, Texas the day before it, but when watching the news the day after it there was a reporter on live news showing some of the damage and about a hundred yards behind him a pickup truck came around the corner, there was 4 guys sitting in the back of it shooting at the police car chasing them, the reporter started running towards it (either crazy or wanting a promotion) but the camera guy caught the police shooting 2 of them dead, i just sat there on the hotel bed :eek: didn't know what to say to my gf

Sorry to hear about this James, the same sort of thing happened to me years ago, I learned not to bottle it up, it really helps to talk, you're not to blame in any way, I know it probably sounds limp but go to your doctors and get him to refer you to a trained grief councillor, they do help a lot. Whatever you do don't stop in the house dwelling on it, get out and see people as much as you can to keep your mind off the accident, and remember that we're all here for you if you need us.

James sorry you had go through this. you realy need to talk about it to someone, doesn't have to be a proffessional, but anyone your close to, family friends etc.

i have to do this 'debreifing' at work after arrests severe accidents etc. believe me it helps.

my thoughts go out to all involved

we all had to have a staff meeting at work when the guy in the warehouse chopped his hand off while i was there. i got sent home early that day woo

i feel for you mate...just remember its ok to cry and let it all ok to cry and let it all out, i actually had a tear in my eye when i was reading it....i would hate to loose a family member like that infront of my eyes.

just spoke to james about 10mins ago, seams to have perked up which is allways good.

my condolences are with the families of the deceased.....

Sorry to hear that you were involved mate. Hope you don't feel too bad. Just gotta say what people have already said I guess. Tis a bad thing to see, hope things get easier for you mate. You got plenty of people here for you should you need them. :)

echo the thoughts of everyone here and what's already been said, soo sorry you had to witness such an event.

In time I hope things will get easier for you.

Kev

Was shocked/saddened to hear this last night. A very sad an unfortunate accident. James as I said eariler if there is anything I can do let me know. I'm not going repeat what has already been said, but there is help if you need it, and it wont keep you from sleep for ever, so dont worry about that.

Hugs to James, I'm sorry you've seen this mate. There should be a victim support officer available if you want to talk to someone who's trained to help.

x

Jim, sorry to hear this..chin up mate nothing could have been done to prevent it and as a personal sufferer of sleep disorder its a horrible thing but im sure you will get over it, chin up

what can i say that hasnt been said. i wouldnt wish this upon anyone. as above thoughts are here for yourself and the others involved. it WONT be easy mate but theres nowt you could have done

all the best man

tom

As everyone has said above really, quite a difficult thing to come to terms with witnessing. But rest-assured everyone on the MSC will be here for you if you need to get anymore off your chest. It might not be that long that you are micra-less mate!

Keep us posted.

Daz

Ive had expeareances with very similar things to this in the past when working in london...

It only happens at nightime and was called a case of 'black car' in our company and the police I had expeareance with..

... basically a car loses control for some reason and hits the central reservation barrier/nearside barrier.. this takes all the lights out on the car.. The car then sits with 'usually' only minor injuries to the occupants... until a car some moments later just ''doesn't see'' the accident in the road untill its too late.. to even brake somtimes...

This Is almost always at the dead of night and on neigh on deserted motorways..

Your story sounds like a classic case of this.. Its not uncommon for people stood at the scene of the accident to get struck as well as the car(s).....

Accidents in my expeareance can be upto a couple of minutes 'old', because there are no flashing blue lights they seemingly have no reason to slow down...

In the daytime we can see several hundred yard ahead for vehicles in the carrageway... at nightime you generally rely on the lights of the car in the distance even though you cant see much of the motorway between you...

If its any consolation James, this is much more common than you think on unlit sections of Motorway...

Take my word for it that you will get over what has happened, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, as was the car infront and as was the victim..

Just a grossly unfortunate chain of events..

regards

just to same the same as the rest mate. but chin up there's plenty off ears and should's here for you mate.

but please talk about. as it can eat people up. it affected my dad badly but he's alright now despite his slective hearing. especail around his round down the pub. if you need a lift to the pod or down portsmouth let me know.

how old was this girl??

why was she waving about in the road? i find it hard to understand

My thoughts are with you mate (even tho i dont know you) and the victoms family :(

She was only 19....From what i've gathered frim James she was trying to warn the oncoming vehicles to slow down!! But at 70 MPH at night....they would not have seen her until it was too late.

I've spent the entire day with James and he seems in "good spirits" considering all thats happened. I kept him company in the car to his house as I think he needed the company.

Thinking of ya mate....coming down layzells for that pint?

Im so sorry to hear that James, I realy am feeling for you right now.

My mum once saw a girl flown from here bicycle into a car once, but I guess you just have to live on and remember these things happen, however sad and hurtfull...

But I want you to know im thinking of ya mate :), there was nothing you could have been done to prevent it :)

ollie240585 said:
coming down layzells for that pint?
Yeah i'll pop down for one.

Going to see the doctor tomorrow, and Pete: I actually missed a call from the "Kent Police Serious Collision Unit" calling to see how I was doing, they said they'd call back tomorrow so I guess I'll have a word with them about it.

If my car's been impounded, do I have a right to go and retreive my belongings from it? I have my passport in there and stuff...

Once again thank you to everyone who's had even a seconds thought for me, it really means a lot and I can safely say owning a Micra is the best thing I could have ever done. You wouldn't get this on many other car forums I dont think!

James.

James said:
If my car's been impounded, do I have a right to go and retreive my belongings from it? I have my passport in there and stuff...
Yes, but take ID with you.
talk to a councillor though James, it will help. Good luck mate.

James said:
Once again thank you to everyone who's had even a seconds thought for me, it really means a lot and I can safely say owning a Micra is the best thing I could have ever done. You wouldn't get this on many other car forums I dont think!

I have 2 be careful saying this as there have been pictures of me wearing womens clothes on this site but....

It's coz we love you James

We are one big family!!!!!!

I know if anything ever happens 2 me I can talk 2 any of you guys about it!!!

IIt's what makes this place special!!!

james... i can safely say that after dealing with death so close to me and in front of me very recently i can say i am probebly the only one on here that is still feeling the effects to the point of not being able to drive or go to work...

so i know how it feels to see a death infront of you..... it haunts me every second of the day and night.... but theres not a dang thing you could have done or can do im affraid...

if you want to talk to someone who knows how you feel...amanda has my number.. feel free mate, anytime...

and i agree totaly. theres not a bad person on here...

i feel proud to have finaly found a place i can call home with all my friends and hopfully somewhere i can stay for a long time to come....

again, j, anytime...

i just pray for the day when i can come and meet you guys so that i can give you a hug.......well mainly the girlies....and the fact that ollie has got pics of him in a dress makes me wish i hadent just said that last sentence.....but alas i wish i could meet you guys....

ant

in the pub with ollie now, feeling a bit better after a couple of pints, thanks again to all who showed concern :)

Back