I give up

@enuo @micrade @noddie @skinner_87 @frank
Firstly apologies for spamming you
Secondly this situation where I'm running "lean"
Well its wrong... thanks to a good friend Ade I went and took the plugs out
1378501827960.jpg

That's not running lean
And I was wrong about those plugs... it appears the head is different on the ds... would be wouldn't it

The only way I can adjust that is the mixture screw on the carb... its seized I believe. Carb off tomorrow and check I think :/

Hopefully there's some light at the end of the tunnel now mate :) I didn't know you could tag people in threads either good to know!

P.s that's a set of very sooty plugs

Hopefully there's some light at the end of the tunnel now mate :) I didn't know you could tag people in threads either good to know!
Hoping so mate :)
Aye put @ then whoever you wan a tag. Ie @someoneonmsc

I was hoping to speak to you.... bike carbs... how'd you set em up?
With my carb slowly failing I'm gonna attempt putting em on. I've nothing to lose really
Manifold is the easy bit... its the setting em up

They are quite straight forward mate, wide band makes it a lot easier!

I'd stick a set of 1.4m jets in as a staring point. £35 and Bogg brothers will strip a set, clean them balance them and reject them to the spec you give them.

2-3psi fuel feed in.

Idle screw makes setting the idle a doddle.

I've a few PDFs I can see you about it if you like?

Personally I would check pressure in first. Thought we already worked out it was running rich? The carb can't be far wrong as stock surely if the pressure is right? One thing at a time imo...

Personally I would check pressure in first. Thought we already worked out it was running rich? The carb can't be far wrong as stock surely if the pressure is right? One thing at a time imo...
Yea it was running really rich and flooding .. the mechanical pump has been refitted so the fuelling system is back to stock.
With the gauge flickering its hard to get a decent pressure reading. But I'll give it a go tomorrow

Right folks I've woke up in a clean state of mind and working how I normally do
The running has always been an issue. Its ran rich ever since I put the engine in but it always ran well.
Now it bogging down I've got down in my book of all things ga is ignoring the air/fuel mixture screw
-Timing too far retarded
-Blocked exhaust
-Accelerator pump over spraying
-Auto choke stuck
-Auto choke too rich

Appears I've had a similar problem before :/ and that was timing

So I'll first disconnect the exhaust as its easiest and try throttle then follow my list backwards from there

While my battery charges I shall hace the carb off again and clean that mixture screw up and give the jets another clean... if its not quite charged I'll build a bike carb manifold :D

Good feeling about today.
I WILL SUCCEED
I WILL MAKE JAE

I get a shiver at the thought! Good luck today! Got good feelings about it! Keep us posted
I'm sure I'll be turning back to you all for advice
Fresh heads always help
Like @micrade last night questioning the 'lean' condition and told me to check plugs... I did and found it overfueling

Exhaust checked
Removed exhaust and started engine, blipped throttle and it gained rpm perfectly.
Stopped engine before it warmed up
Re attached exhaust. Restarted engine. Blipped throttle gained rpm perfectly again....
So that leads me to assume
A: exhaust is fine
B: timing is fine as it runs spot on
C: its a heat related issue

So to break it down
-It bogs down under quick hard throttle
-Only once warm
-Still overfueling but it runs well when cold

Any ideas/ opinions on the heat issue?
I'd naturally assume its lean as the engines running hot...
I'll double check coolant level and rad and run with fan on

It appeared to be rising to normal temp. If it was higher than normal it wasnt by much.... I did find that yesterday I had a pipe loose at the back
The jubilee clips I've bought aren't brilliant as they keep coming loose :/
Just now I've had to retighten the fuel pipe clips

I haven't touched it since putting it in the engine
Though I do vaguely remember taking it apart as it wouldn't run at first...

I'll get a pic on how its set... I'll be honest I've never set up an auto choke

Read the haynes. Its called the fast idle setting in there
It mentioned realigning the cap with the markings on the housing.. ???
Quick wire brush revealed this
1378547509140.jpg

Right autochoke set... clearances were ok.. just the lining up of those markings that was the problem there
Cured? We'll see. I'll run it up to temp and see... but I'm 99.9% sure it opens as it should

Video coming up... its better but not cured

But you know how you've all said... its gonna be something obvious... well.. I think it is. Let me test it and get back to you

Video slowly uploading

In the meantime my potential obvious problem is on hold... it flattened the battery cranking again :D but I don't care coz I'm excited

Video slowly uploading

In the meantime my potential obvious problem is on hold... it flattened the battery cranking again :D but I don't care coz I'm excited
You might be excited but I'm bored.....bored of waiting! Yaaaawwwwwnnnn! :p

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

It doesn't die or stall. It simply bogs down and catches up.
Like I say it's not perfect but its getting there. The choke helped

Looking better, at least you can rev it now :)
What's that plug disconnected at lhs of carb?
Lhs as we look at it on vid ;)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

There's 2... they're water related... and one did go to the carb but I never took notes when stripping the 100nx... and it runs so me no care...
If I ever find a wiring diagram I'll fix it

Is the autochoke DEFINATELY moving the butterfly or whatever? Theres not a grub screw missing or something daft is there? It could be running bang on and a weak spark from a hot coil or hot leads etc is causing incomplete ignition and fouling the plugs?
Also, to play devils advocate, hows the head gasket?

Back