I give up

Oh and guess what... engine problem is back... and its worse... doesnt bog down on hard throttle it just dies the minute you touch it instead
Back to struggling to start. Firing on 1 as I crank it over.

That's it. I'm done now. I shall waste no more time on it
Sorry chaps JAE is a no go for me

Oh and guess what... engine problem is back... and its worse... doesnt bog down on hard throttle it just dies the minute you touch it instead

If it comes and goes, bad earth/dodgey connection somewhere?

Could be on a signal feed to the pumps? Just suggestions, you need to be methodical or you'll never catch it... just a hunch but soinding like it's electrical gubbins on the carb not playing right

Could be on a signal feed to the pumps? Just suggestions, you need to be methodical or you'll never catch it... just a hunch but soinding like it's electrical gubbins on the carb not playing right
Doesn't have a signal feed to the pump :/ its mechanical?

I've had a look at the dizzy wiring all seems in order.

Took the plugs out and checked those. Fuel issue seems to have gone... definitely electrical

Andddd the battery is flat from cranking AGAIN

So despite me giving up on this car again... I carried on. Really need to take a chill pill or sumat or I'll get nowhere

Started with dizzy cleaned up the wires there..
Went inside and cleaned up all fuses and fuse box

Proceeded to clean up and tend to the kill switch... then I remembered I'd had that off to incorporate my pumps.. tidied those connections up. Then it started raining so I cam in. Battery's on charge anyways. Gonna make a new earth point. As it'll be covered by the roll cage... so I'll attach it to the cage feet
Then I'll redo the battery live connection so its definitely putting out max voltage.

C'mon, I know sod all so can't help you there but...

No point giving up, keep on poking around and there will be a Eureka moment.
Hopefully ;)

C'mon, I know sod all so can't help you there but...

No point giving up, keep on poking around and there will be a Eureka moment.
Hopefully ;)
I've had 2 eureka moments
1: ate dinner.. came back it was fine
2: woke up this morning and it was fine

Few hours later... it'll go back to being a **** :)

BAD ANDY!!!

I'm not angry with you...... Just deeply, deeply disappointed :(
*cries*

X

what bonus?, dont even get tips he tell the customers just to bring biscuits instead
That's harsh man. My lot get a big hamper for xmas... which is a good point I need to get onto it. Any extras get put in a pot and shared out for xmas :) see.. I'm nice :D except I'm always skint I don't get a weekly payday :p

I know why my car keeps having problems. Too much time on a laptop not on the tools. Losing my mojo mann

That's it 3rd time is always lucky. Brakes work if anything too well. Had a duff rear hose absorbing all pressure.
Engine is ok we believe. Carb reset, new gaskets. Runs ok... must be electrical... blame the old battery?

Gremlins. Have my meter, we can electrical columbo the #### out of it
Yea man I'd appreciate it. The starter stutters... not in the way of missing teeth... but power cutting in and out. If its related to the power situation of main engine power... hmmm

Had a little run in it. Slightest hint of power and it goes to cut out. Kangaroos everywhere
Misfiring like a turnip now 1500rpm idle just to stay running. Help I aint got long

Right its vacuum related.... if I pull them off it idle so much better.
I can hear it through the carb
@enuo @karlj any ideas? Could replace em with standard

All vacuum lines to the carb are emmisions wank, pull it all off and plug up the vac lines, never had a problem doing that on the spitfire and made mapping the ignition curve much easier.

Back