How Many Turbo Micras

Anderson

Buy & Sell Member
This club must have atleast 6 Turbo Micra's basically what im wondering is is there somebody who could step out and do turbo installations for other club members with profit involved of course, or maybe a collaboration of members. Im really wanting to turbo my micra, although i have general car knowledge and a knowledge of how turbos work i cant modify a manifold to fit a turbo or figure out were to get my oil feeds from :(

Be nice if somebody could offer this service(Y)

Ed @ Fusion Motorsport could offer you this service.

His contact details are located in the trader forums at the bottom of the main forums.

If we/someone/ed can arrange with a fabricator to do some custom turbo manifolds 3-400 a peice, it would make life much easier. They could then be rolled out as kits, Ed could even package an ECU with a decent map for the required mods (like H-dev stages). But its only worth his while if there's a market for it, no point in spending 10k on kits if no one wants/can afford them.

turbo kits would be great, but they would be more expensive than the average micra, and from experience micra owners are not big spenders.

This club must have atleast 6 Turbo Micra's basically what im wondering is is there somebody who could step out and do turbo installations for other club members with profit involved of course, or maybe a collaboration of members. Im really wanting to turbo my micra, although i have general car knowledge and a knowledge of how turbos work i cant modify a manifold to fit a turbo or figure out were to get my oil feeds from :(

Be nice if somebody could offer this service(Y)
i can not to far away from you either mate

Im not looking at mega money, be nice if a club member with experience could sort something :)

what is mega money? because a turbo install with management is about £4000 at the least. thats for:

turbo
ECU
intercooler
metal pipe work
hoses
dump valve
remap work
bigger fuel pump
bigger injectors
bigger brakes
custom manifold and down pipe
low compression pistons
the work of fitting it and setting it up.

Yes but for a basic turbo set up composed of second hand parts. I wouldnt need stuff like

Low comp pistons
fuel pump
ecu and map (Although i would have this done but i can source this at £250 including board)

and parts like injectors and breaks can be source of compatiable nissans of the era like the ga16 injectors and s14 brakes fit i think although this may be untrue

Considering this and the fact that parts arnt going to be new were is £4000 coming from =\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item518ac5cc19

that kit only needs the modified micra manifold and downpipe.

Those kits are ####. Im away to go turbo again. Ive bought a nistune £256 which should he fitted in 1 week to the car then im buying a starlet turbo manifold £200 where 2 ports need adjusted to fit a micra flange £40 that noddie made me. Then its a case of buying a TD04 turbo £100 an intercooler/piping £200 oil feed/return £100 and some fuelling parts, 2 headgaskets and mapping £500 at a guess.

So about £1500 in total

Yes but for a basic turbo set up composed of second hand parts. I wouldnt need stuff like

Low comp pistons
fuel pump
ecu and map (Although i would have this done but i can source this at £250 including board)

and parts like injectors and breaks can be source of compatiable nissans of the era like the ga16 injectors and s14 brakes fit i think although this may be untrue

Considering this and the fact that parts arnt going to be new were is £4000 coming from =\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item518ac5cc19

that kit only needs the modified micra manifold and downpipe.

That kit is no good for a Micra a t3/4 is way too big it'll never spool on your set up! A t2 is big enough
Plus the quality of the kit will be very poor I've had one on my integra type r in the past the turbo fell in half as I bolted it up!
Much easier searching on here for that waz4life lad he was selling a full kit off his car
I agree 4k is mega expensive but that is for new parts plus engine rebuild and practically guaranteed reliability, bolting the kit on I can do not a problem but guarantee it's reliability I can't not with out a correct map and dyno

A project is only as expensive as you make it. :) Yeah some things cant be helped on cost...but others certainly can, if youre not afraid to haggle then all the better.

Its just important to spend the money in the right places...no point fitting a turbo and then putting off sorting the brakes.

Imo the most expensive part is always going to be the mapping, as its something most people dont wanna fiddle with, where as most (though i refuse to believe not everyone) can bolts a few things onto the car.

Stani -- Im confused which car are you doing that on? lost count of what you've got haha.

Why the auto box would #### itself there slow, heavy, and weak! How many ftlb you expecting to add with a turbo? I'd worry more about melting a piston before the box drops it's guts
My s14 blew it's auto at 300bhp now running 400bhp manual box easily handles it

Easily? That wouldn't be the opinion of the SXOC. Plenty of sub 400bhp S14's blowing up boxes.

I think you'll find it is mate, 400bhp is very capable 500bhp you'll need an rb25det box and get polo to knock you up an adapter plate
400bhp is fine for an s14 I can blow an sr box on standard bhp it's how you use the power! Ive been an sxoc paid member for the last 5 years apart from this year as im now paying here as i dont really use sxoc as im building a 13b re conversion for my s14! I know at least 10 sxoc members one being our northwest mod steA and i believe scotty os running big numbers, they are running that type of power on a stock box with no problems! Not to mention mine which is spot on no noises clunks etc
Besides Ian you can't talk what happened to your s14 I've rebuilt and built mine to a high spec where's yours lol

Ian two of the ports need moved 10mm on the starlet manifold. The other 2 are spot on. Cant be done on a standard manifold though but will work on the TD04 one im soon to buy :) i will obviously put up what i get done on my blog

Has to be an aftermarket manifold? Since you can't move a cast one. I imagine make up a flange for a CG13, cut off the starlet flange, and move the tubes then weld it up?

no need to fit bigger brakes unless you are racing.. the car weighs the same... you are only going to be going maximum 70mph?.... you can lock the stock brakes up so they overcome the total friction of the tyres so how are bigger ones going to help?

what do you mean?....
i have had pulsar calipers on my micra and can honestly say that unless i was on a track they made little to no difference what so ever,.... i mean why would the accelleration of a car require bigger brakes when on the same sized tyres at the same speed and with the same weight?........... it doesnt make sence in physics...

:p

what do you mean?....
i have had pulsar calipers on my micra and can honestly say that unless i was on a track they made little to no difference what so ever,.... i mean why would the accelleration of a car require bigger brakes when on the same sized tyres at the same speed and with the same weight?........... it doesnt make sence in physics...

:p

i agree, i can easily lock my front brakes up, so even 6 pot racing brakes would,nt shorten my stopping distance fwn

Where did you get a flange from? Would I get away with round ports from a bench drill I wonder...?

Noddie made me it and the ports are round. So long as the diameter of the hole is the same as the micras largest part of the port which mines are :)

because you spend more time at higher speeds. with quicker acceleration you get to a high speed faster that means you will be absorbing more energy when braking and the brakes will overheat. especially the stock solid disk brakes on a k11. micras are city cars and so they were designed for an average 30mph around town, if you are boosting up to a high speed and braking over and over then it will make a difference.

as for the £4k that i estimated i have spoken with a lot of people who have done turboing on micras, of course it makes a difference if you just dump a turbo on there and be done with it, that will cost you next to nothing, but the greatest thing about a micra is how reliable it is, but it wont be with just a turbo stuck to it. i think 4k is reasonable for a reliable and modest turbo setup, if you want everything done properly and you want it to be reliable. if you can fabricate exhaust manifolds and intake tubing, and you don't want an intercooler etc, then you can do it for cheaper, but is it really worth putting all that effort into having a car with a turbo setup and not have things like an intercooler? if you map the engine (which costs) and then add an intercooler, you have to map again to get the most of it. do it all in one go, do it properly or just put in a bigger engine.

Upgraded stock brakes are good enough if going round a track but by no means would you need to change the brakes at all if sticking to the speed limit as a daily drive

Some Braided brake lines, dot 5.1 fluid and some decent disks and pads and youll have better braking!

I can understand if the car is being used as a track car, and I do understand the lure I have my old r34 gtr brakes on my s14 it's fun making people sick when you press the brakes!! But for the 40 or so bhp (I know they add more but a basic set up) a turbo adds I can't see bigger brakes being necessary as your not going to reach a massive top speed as the box is limiting that the car won't be much heavier so there won't be any extra strain and the speeds you'll be doing are speeds the car can already handle you just get there faster
I am not saying don't fit better brakes I am because my k10 has bedded in brakes that were new a couple months ago and they are still awful sometimes they scare me with how poor they are! But on yours unless it's the same as mine I wouldn't worry about it

Gah, unable to edit posts fail.

Yeah, my 200 blew up, it happens. I was prepared to change an engine in the main road, in the snow when i need a car for work for my 60 mile round trip.

Stani: That sounds great, so what size are we talking about? Must be like 60mm holes?

actually, thinking about it, that's way to big, more like 30? IIRC the ports arent round on the head of the CG?

Shame you didn't know me earlier Ian I normally have two sr20dets as I'm usually rebuilding blown up ones that I buy on eBay

Back on subject sort of how many turbo micras are there on here?? I'm talking turbo not super turbo just out of curiosity
Is there a poll type thing we can have

Back