• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoopdub's '99 K11 agent AP0

I like it, I'd be tempted to try some trims too, but it looks good as it is! Tyre size seems a good choice, little bit of stretch, what width are the wheels?

ye, im looking for some standard k11 hubcaps, i have a pair of almera trims im going to try when the paint drys a bit harder :D the wheels are 6.5" wide ET45 will look a lot better when they are spaced out, but bloody hubcentric spacers cost a small fortune O_0

renault megane, shake ya ass type, did have clio ones, but they are only 6" wide, that extra half inch makes all the difference :D so im told lol. was considering having the centers pushed back, but i quite like them as they are. no doubt i will change them in a few weeks ha

060520121899.jpg

That, wins.

after searching the tinterwebnets for spacers, and continually choking at the prices they want for hubcentric ones, i decided to change the front wheels to 6" ET43, save myself £80!!

today, i fixed the blow on the exhaust. fitted the 15s properly, 6.5 rears 6s fronts, painted and fitted the nissan caps i ordered. removed the stoopid panel from the tailgate that vibrates like hell with any hint of bass, and also adjusted the tailgate striker :D

110520121904.jpg

110520121905.jpg

110520121906.jpg

110520121907.jpg

110520121908.jpg

hahahaha i just noticed a massive fail on my part, good job i have ordered spacers, was thinking something looked wrong, and now i can see it plain as day!!! 6" wheels have a lot less holes in them, and look poope compared to the rears hahahahahahaha must swap them again tomorow then DOH!!!

Rather! lol, you see my video after franks bushes? also i swapped my wider wheels to the front today :) check the blogz if you want

Clear side indicators for another change.

Do you have another pair of those ever-so-slightly better looking 15x6s for the rear, so they all match, I'd think it'll look pretty smart then.
I do like miss-matched wheels mind you, but they're too similar I'd have to put one pair on each side to cool my ocd if it was me :mad: lol.

Can't wait to see it with the march bumper on.

I think hoop has used the 6.5 Megane steels on the rear, and 6 clio steels on the front to even up the arch gap or gain some clearance - it was wearing a full set of 6.5's a bit further up. I dont think the mis-match is intentional.

haha ye not intentional atall LOL cheers for the kind words fellas :D

the rears are off a low spec 2004 renault megane 6.5" x 15" ET45 60.1 CB when i fitted these to the front there was about a 2-3mm gap between the wheel and spring of the coilovers, would have rubbed when cornering. so i opted to go for the clio wheels at 6"x15" ET43 60.1 CB, this would give me 7-8mm or so less inset, bigger gap between the wheel and spring so no rubbage when cornering. the wheels were originally black and i totally did not notice the different ammount of holes in the wheels till i had painted and fitted them hahahahaha.

I have now ordered spacers though, i wasnt going too due to what i considered dead money, i mean £80+ for spacers just to fit steel wheels, but hey ho i quite like them on, and they still work out cheap because i get the steels cheap (£3 each). so once the spacers arrive i will swap the fronts for the 6.5" ones again, i prefere the more hole look.

Just for reference, i could not find anyone who sold hubcentric spacers for a k11. so it was a toss up between renault ones or vw ones, the renault ones would fit on straight out the box, but the 1/2mm gapcould still cause a bit of run out. so i opted for vw ones, at 57.1 CB im going to machine the inner CB out to 59.1mm so i have a nice snug fit then use spigot rings on the centric hub to go from vw to renault. and this will also help with me fitting other wheels in the future as i do go through wheels like i go through cider.

I think hoop has used the 6.5 Megane steels on the rear, and 6 clio steels on the front to even up the arch gap or gain some clearance - it was wearing a full set of 6.5's a bit further up. I dont think the mis-match is intentional.

I know the miss-match was a mistake, but I like the fronts more than the rears, four of them 6"s would be better than the four 6.5"s in my opinion, it's what I would do anyway(not that there's much difference lol slightly less 'busy' imo) - opposite to what hoop wants though I think

finaly changed my passenger door today. bit of a fidly job to do on your own. i fitted one from a early k11 to my facelift k11. lot of fiddling with the hinges to get it to sit correctly. also one of the fixing gromets for the door card handle is in the wrong place, but the hole to move it is not there, so i had to make one, easy enough with a drill and a file.

190520121938.jpg

190520121939.jpg

while the door card is off i also made a start on fitting my components. i need to fit a spacer behind the new speaker to bring it out about 8mm so will get some mdf to sort that. also added some sound deadening, ghetto stylee, eff the price of branded stuff, roofing supplies FTW Y0!!

190520121940.jpg

190520121941.jpg

200520121945.jpg

200520121946.jpg

260520121950.jpg

managed to get sopme k11c doorcards that match the colour of my original ones, but these have the added bonus of a cup holder in them :D

cant corner to hard at the moment, still rubs on the front. spacers are here, so i have started fitting the extended studs to a spare set of rear hubs. got to get the spacers machined to 59.1 from 57.1. components all fitted and wired. also fitted my new old boot handle, looks much cleaner than the facelift one, oh and fitted another k11c rear wiper motor and arm.

hope its dry on the weekend so i can get the stance sorted, break out the arch roller :D

260520121951.jpg

If you put some flash band on the outer door panel you'd get better sound out of the speakers. Even better is to cover the whole outer panel and then to cover the inner panel as well as all the holes you have there... You can always cut it if you need to access the room behind it and then stick another piece to cover it.

ye i put a strip on the inside of the outer skin, didnt go to mad with it, not looking for superior quality. its much better than standard.

The Agent is lookin fuppin ace mate! Lot of hard work and clever ideas gone into it! Liking the March front bumper, didn't know they fitted the facelifts? You're making me want stuff again! But yeah, looked a bit buck-toothed with the Jap plate on the facelift bumper, looking much better now!

Do all the March and pre-facelift bumpers have plinths on them? I was toying with getting a Jap plate but wanna mount it to the side rather than central? While we're on the subject does anybody know the legality of Vinyl number plates on the bonnet like the old E-Type Jags etc? Sure I saw one on a rally Micra on here?

Anyway... don't wanna take the focus off the Agent. Looks amazing... Wheels are super, like you I favour the back ones! Can't wait to see where else you're gonna go with this, your idea are always amazing!

cheers guys. the march front bumper is from a facelift march, not the earlier type, thy dont fit. this was a bugger to fit aswell, they have different mounting points on the front and dont run a front iron with the march.

the wheels are gone :D sold them friday, im never happy with wheels, picking up new ones tomorow :D

That gutter flashing is a great ghetto fix. Does exactly what all the fancy damping sheets do at a 1/10th of the cost :).

everything is for sale if anyone wants them more than me hehe. idealy im after some track/race wheels, compo mos, pro race, etc etc, still not feeling 13s lol

everything is for sale if anyone wants them more than me hehe. idealy im after some track/race wheels, compo mos, pro race, etc etc, still not feeling 13s lol

Mate you change your mind more than girls change there pants!

Whats ''everything?'' at least get some pics with the revs on!

Whats the offset on them out of interest? Do they need to be drilled?
Tempted to say do you wanna swap them with my franky steels!

the offset is 26 and the cb is 57.1, they need proper revo wheel nuts also, all things i just cant be arsed to sort out :D thats the problem with buying wheels on the off chance that they will fit, off an advert that basically said, wheels for sale heres a picture LOL i will never learn, hahahaha im also winning bidder on another set of wheel ending today on ebay, so if i win them these will deffo be for sale :D actually they are deffo for sale/swap/ px :D

fitting a pair of 165/55/13s to 2 of them tomorow as 2 of the tyres are shot, 2 are very useable, will leave them on they are 175/50/13. deffo selling them though, just makes the sale easier if the tyres are good :D

Back