Noise issues with newly bought K11 -99

The help on this forum has been terrific. =) I hope you can help me with this one as well.
There's a whining coming now and then from the front of the car, I think it's the right side but I'm not sure. What can it be?
It appears at about 70 km/h (45 mph) and higher after about 8-10 minutes, however it disappears eventually at lower speeds.
I uploaded a video on Youtube but please respond in this thread.

At 01:48 there's a chugging sound from the generator belt, is anything wrong with it? Also there's a rattling sound, which I've been told is the heat shield on top of the catalytic converter, I think so too but I'm worried it might be the chain. Maybe both? What do you think?

I bought the car 14/11 and have 7 days of warranty that's why it's important to get answers before friday.
Thanks a lot K11 owners. =)

Last edited:
I crawled under the car today and the rattling sound is definitely coming from the heat shield around the exhaust pipe. However it's hard for me to tell if the engine sounds alright, will try to fasten the heat shield tomorrow.

The heat shield is a tinny rattle, you can't mistake it really bud.....like a biscuit in a bean can !
Just change your belt - cheap enough, then you'll know.

Also worth checking wheel alignment and if there's any play down there...maybe?

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using mad avian skills...

I noticed an oil leak today above the belts, some of the oil is coming on the belts but barely visible at all. Step 21 in the picture. How much would it cost to fix do you think and what is the name of the seal?
Much appreciated for fast answers, the dealer is goin' to buy back the car tomorrow at 10 AM but I want to keep it if it's not to much of a hassle with the oil leak.
Do you think it could be related with the whining sound?

Attachments

• nissan-timing-chain-procedure6.jpg
    nissan-timing-chain-procedure6.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_20141121_210722.jpg
    IMG_20141121_210722.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 214
There was actually a lot of interest of this car because it was in such good condition. The dealer told me if he fixed the fault he could get £160 more for it. Which I don't think since it's a 1.0 3 door with no Power Steering and no AC. I paid £1,270 for it but I got it all back. Maybe you think that price is steep for a -99 low mileage Micra but it seems that's what they are fetching here in Sweden.

Back