• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

My First Micra

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Having wanted one for a good few years ive finally got hold of a K11. Ive been a dubber most of my driving life, but have fallen out of love with my polo, and the general dub scene, a lot of idiots, and so many boy racers have the same car as me around here id had enough of being tared with the same brush.

anyway, all that will change, im selling all the mods on the polo and i will be scrapping it in december when the tax is up.

i work in a slavage yard, thats how i got this micra, 1999, Cat C, 1 owner 30k miles from new, gum problems :D £260 it cost me. heres some pics i managed to grab on my fone.

130920111138.jpg

140920111143.jpg

140920111144.jpg

140920111142-1.jpg

140920111147.jpg

140920111146.jpg

Quick glance and the damage appears to be front bumper, bumper iron, lower crossmember, radiator, both headlights, bonnet. nothing much, and worth the money i thought.

I managed to pull the bonnet back into place, theres very little paint damage on the bonnet, a little scratch under the ns grill, wont see it after a T cut. I fitted a pair of '02 headlights to get me home, plugged the rad with chewing gum, banged on some trade plates and got her home.
that was 2 weeks ago, shes been sat on my drive since while ive been trawling through the blogs on here trying to answer any questions i have :D

tonite i started the strip down

270920111159.jpg

ive got a new lower crossmember off ebay, will be welding that in on the weekend.ive got a new bumper iron on the way. Ive also managed to get hold of an '01 on front bumper from work, i prefere the look of this shape bumper to my one, will get a rear one to match at some point, will do for now though to get it through the VIC check.

Anyway, first blog post, will keep it updated as i tinker away :D

Back