• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoopdub's '99 K11 agent AP0

flip knows, been outbid on the other ones, not upping my bid. the hunt continues, although i do have my eye on some rotas, but they are 16s, hmmmm

the old door had damage on it from previous owner. thats the new one i fitted last month, just havent washed it since fitting :D the rub strip is the thicker earlier type, so i took my skinny one of the rear quarter, just waiting for me to be arsed to wash it and stick on a thick rear strip, i got one ready :D

I am admiring how your K11 looks (especially with those 15" Renault steel it looked ace)

Great work and a lot of nice details!

Cheers from The Netherlands. ;)

the old door had damage on it from previous owner. thats the new one i fitted last month, just havent washed it since fitting :D the rub strip is the thicker earlier type, so i took my skinny one of the rear quarter, just waiting for me to be arsed to wash it and stick on a thick rear strip, i got one ready :D

Sorry mate, got confused and thought the rest of the car was de-bumped... So you gonna have thicker ones on one side and thinner ones on t'other?

the agent may be for sale in the next couple of weeks, another car has come up and the agent will need a new home. may try and sell it as it is, or back to standard, depends. prob look for about £650 as it is

its still up in the air as yet frank, quite possibly wont happen :D wont leave the forum though :D still love micras, would keep this one and the vw if the drive was big enough haha

Well, another weekend of let downs. Was supposed to lending an engine hoist of a friend of mine on friday, he didnt show. saturday came and after a dry sunny week decided to hammer down with rain putting a stop to anything i wanted to do :(

so basically all i have done is build up the front coilovers ready

take from box, strip down and copper slip all the body, try and help prevent corosion and seizing.

030320121620.jpg

then fit modified top mount, thought id show the order of fitment (left > right), may help someone out :D

030320121624.jpg

030320121625.jpg

030320121623.jpg

job done, now for the fitting, sometime..................
hi mate did the bearing in 2nd in from the left come with the coilovers? If not do u no where I could get some? I just got so 2nd hand coilovers and don't think I got them.

driving the polo for a few weeks made me realize how poop they are, micra didnt sell on ebay so its still here, allbeit standard, but im now going to sell the polo, pleanty of sheep about in the market for a polo. Im happy, just have to go make another panhard rod now hehe

Mate, good to have you back! Shame the Micra didn't sell but obviously seems to be a blessing in disguise!?...

Now you get the fun of upgrading from standard again, albeit with a little more insight and knowledge!...

yup :D coilovers allready to go, wheels are now going to do my head in again lol. got a set of 4 brand new 165/50/16 tyres here if anyone is interested :D

hoop you now not a dubber but shrubber :)
that bearing in the corsa top mount assembly if it goes where it originaly was on cowsa the top rubber may not move about. giving the more sweeta drive . wat you say?

considering using a matiz strut set up now with the spring perch dropped like Frank has done. Still unsure. Im going to wait till i get a set of wheels im happy with before i determine the ride hight. Have to get another peter lloyd exhaust ordered up also. But the polo hasnt sold yet so everything is up in the air.

considering using a matiz strut set up now with the spring perch dropped like Frank has done. Still unsure. Im going to wait till i get a set of wheels im happy with before i determine the ride hight..
i took a coil off mine hoopdub, and shaved some rubber off the bumpstop, but i,ve ended up with the perches raised 15mm, so i should have left the spring stock tbh :)

hehe :D thats ibiza payed for anyway. Considering some pirelli p slots for the micra, hopefully get it low before volsfest next weekend, show the dubbers a true black sheep!

hehe Frank, ever the experimenter eh :D didi the dampers bottom out much with the dropped perch?
now and then mate :) on a deep pothole you get a mad thud because the bumpstop is integral with the rubber boot/shroud (harder than the k11 sponge one).
but that was with about 90mm drop tho eh

yesterday afternoon i managed to re-fit my stereo and rewire my sub. fitted a k11c rear wiper motor, but this time i re-fitted the metal wiper arm, and it does look better than the plastic arm, looks more factory. Re-fitted the LHD tail light so im back on twin reverse. Re-fitted the early K11 tailgate handle that i got off Skinner. Tax wednesday then its back on the road. Must get another PLR exhaust as soon as possible, and get the induction sorted, may go with a K&N type filter this time sat on the TB with a cold air feed instead of an almera box, hmmmm

Then comes the wheels dilema :D

nothing much :D i fitted a P11 primera airbox. Got a Matis front suspension set up, modified it, and should be fitting it this week. Made a shorter panhard rod for when it is lowered. Got some clio 14" steels painted them silver, will fit them when its lower. Considering a black bonnet, got a spare one, but still undecided, also thinking about wallpapering it LOL

So got home from work today at 6, had a cuppa, decided to lower the car.... wish i hadnt lol, im sure i read somewhere on here that the matiz legs were a direct fitment onto the micra, how wrong i was lol, had to drill and file one of the holes so it took a bit longer than i wanted :( but its done, panhard rod does the job spot on :D

lost the light though so no tidy pics im affraid

030920122182.jpg

030920122186.jpg

030920122185.jpg

030920122184.jpg

030920122183.jpg

:/ didnt expect it to be as low as it is, these are the clio steels also, 14" ET36, my masking was poope when i sprayed them, looks like the tyres have been antiqued

bang on +/- 1mm or so, thanks for that :D havent moved the car since i dropped it, will do some measurements tomorow if i can get it off my drive :S

Its lower than when i had corsa B coilies on it 0_o a fair bit lower, but the ride is sooooo much better!!! just drove to work and it was a joy, almost forget its as low as it is because the ride is so much like standard, just got to roll the arches because the front wheels tuck so much they rub on anything other than a straight line

Back