• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

that looks lush mate how much is it to flock it mate and can they only do the whole dash or can they mask parts off as i want mine white stripe through the middle and then the rest black

Small dashes are 90 quid. The company have sponsored me so i got it abit cheaper :)

Theres 37 colours available,i'm sure it can be masked off and split. A customer's car is having their dash White with a red Rising Sun :) So i'm pretty certain half white and half black wont be a problem ;)

how much did it cost to have it done, looks a spot on job (Y)

did you watch him do it? would be intresting to see how its done

The company sponsored me so i got a good discount on it. I got the Dashboard and 7 pieces of trim done for 60 quid :)

Nah the guy lives in Southend and i had to meet him at Colchester to drop/pick the stuff up

The company sponsored me so i got a good discount on it. I got the Dashboard and 7 pieces of trim done for 60 quid :)

Nah the guy lives in Southend and i had to meet him at Colchester to drop/pick the stuff up

so it only cost you ( or would cost me ) £90 for the whole dash to be done? where abouts in S'af'end is he based?

some up to date photos with the new graphics on:

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1788-2.jpg

Couldnt resist buying more stickers:

DSCF8859.jpg

DSCF8860.jpg

DSCF8861.jpg

Also removed the speakers & tweeters as the speaker pods are having a new lick of paint over the winter period:

DSCF8863.jpg

Car looks great Chris, it's come along way since your last Micra....

Just wondering did you ever manage to work out what was wrong with the H4 Ceramic connectors when you fitted them?

Originally it was:

Dipped Beam = Hardly any light at all (looked like side light brightness)
High Beam = What Dipped Beam should be

So i swapped them two over and now its:

Dipped Beam = how it should be
High Beam = No light hardly

And now my high beam light stays on constantly on the instrument panel.

Riiiiiight, when you've got a minute can you tell me the colors for the cables below including dashes is any.

Passenger Side:
From Behind the bulb

Left -
Top -
Right -

Drivers Side:
From Behind the Bulb

Left -
Top -
Right -

Also saw this at ASDA and thought it would be good for your Parcelshelf, lol.

4077835529_26b7a0036a_b.jpg

Right,heres a diagram of the wiring (harness side...as if your in the car looking towards towards the harness plug)

Top Diagram is Driver Side

wiring.gif

I had Matt come round,and we compared the wiring on mine (as it is now) to his and its exactly the same. But the high beam light is on the dashboard,and highbeam is still reeeeally dim

Chris mate,

you need to swap 2 and 3 round on both H4.

See Attached image.

Attachments

• H4 Facelift Colours.JPG
    H4 Facelift Colours.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 534
Thats how it was originally...which meant dipped beam was reeeally dull. Only other thing is that the filliment has gone...but in both bulbs?!?

Are you sure, lol.

If you have 1 and 3 mixed that means there will be 6 volts going through both filaments instead of 12 through dipped filament.

Are you sure, lol.

If you have 1 and 3 mixed that means there will be 6 volts going through both filaments instead of 12 through dipped filament.

that how the dim-dip works (ran in series), via a relay near the column iirc (modded removed his, its in his ss blog i think) :)

Last Friday i took a trip to see Fast Eddy and came away with a large sheet of Carbon Fibre :) This isnt your usual carbon,unlike this glass fibre matting with a layer of carbon,this is the real deal!

Any way....i needed a template so got some cardboard from work and measured/cut out the template:

DSCF8875.jpg

The rest is pretty self explanitory. Cut the carbon with a thin grinding disk,also tidyed up the ends with a dremel. Heres the finished result:

DSCF8878.jpg

DSCF8876.jpg

After cleaning up all the dust etc i proceeded to fit them....

DSCF8881.jpg

DSCF8884.jpg

DSCF8885.jpg

I've gotta admit,its not the tidest of carbon door cards. But considering this was the first time i cut carbon this large,i thought i didnt do a too bad of a job. Its better than having plain doors :p

Total cost : £53

For 53 squid that's a good price, not a bad job either Chris.

1. Do you still have the Door Handle surrounds so it looks tidier round the handles?
2. Also maybe a Large Washer painted red for the window winders, unless the original winders will cover the hole.
3. Some chrome trim from your local motor mod place to go round the outside.

Also what's happened about the H4's?

Thanks :) Dave will be doing my door cards for me soon :) Trouble is the grey fabric parts of the door cards wont be able to be flocked as it wont stick :( Unless someone knows if that comes apart from the rest of the doorcard?

You could try skimming it with Resin and hardener then sanding down, but it sounds like a lot of work just to do that, or got to the scrappy get a spare door card and tray a heat gun and singe that fur, lol.

I reckon you should do the plastic tops of the door cards if the colour you've done the console in.

I would but the speaker pods are going in the red splatter finish. If not i'll leave that section grey...doesnt bother me that much

local performance trader here in norwich had a very large sheet of it. I spoke to him,gave him the measurements and he cut it off for me

work 9hr shift 5/6 days a week,get home takes me a good hour or so to check forums,check facebook,have tea,go out cruisin,get back at midnight,goto bed. I pretty much do that 7 days a week ha ha

This arrived yesterday,courtesy of Fast Eddy:

25112009104.jpg

25112009105.jpg

25112009106.jpg

Having the new Steering Wheel 10mins,i had to add abit of 'hoodedreeper styling' to it...

25112009107.jpg

OLD WHEEL:
IMG_1788-2.jpg

NEW WHEEL:
25112009113.jpg

25112009115.jpg

25112009116.jpg

I was afraid it'll cock up and look crap,but doesnt look too bad :p

Oh and i managed to rewire the headlight plugs. I removed the ceramic bulb holders and replaced them with the Pearly ones. I put bullet connectors on it,so i can change the holders when ever with ease. Rather than messing about with soldering etc.

When dipped beam is on,the high beam light on the dash is half lit. When high beam is on,the light lights up fully.

Its now dark so will go check to see if they've got 12v going through them rather than 6v like previous

Back