• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

The pump should be removed tonight when we put the new belt on,new alternator bracket and manifold on :)

Would you want the air con pump?

Nah, I've got an aircon pump which is still on my car but if I remove it I was wondering would it be a standard non aircon belt I should use?

Aircon Pump was used and i DID need to use a shorter belt :) Relocated the Alternator,but need the top mounting bracket now aswell. Made up a tempory bracket till i can get a proper one early next week.

Drove the Car home from work,luckily its the same loudness as before,but its more raspy in the higher revs. I got worried when i started to see smoke coming out of my bonnet though lol Pics to follow!

I wouldn't even give it that long, although there's increased corrosion, the major factor is the fire risk.

How is it a fire risk? Surely companies wouldnt produce it if they knew there was a fire risk? Surely thousands of people (including tuning companies) wouldnt wrap their manifolds if they all knew it was a fire risk.

How is it a fire risk? Surely companies wouldnt produce it if they knew there was a fire risk? Surely thousands of people (including tuning companies) wouldnt wrap their manifolds if they all knew it was a fire risk.

the corrosion myth is a load of horlics too imo :p

Pic of the engine bay,needs a major clean (hasnt been cleaned since April :()

IMG_0101B.jpg

still.... looks good :)

what sort of products do you use? planning on doing mine soon so i might have to nick a few ideas ;)

use a mix and match really,the general wash is a brand owned by a friend whos a valeter. Its a Shampoo and Wax in 1. Once washed and dried i then use Meguiars Quik Clay followed by a Polish (own brand of my friend's aswell).

I then use Auto Glym Glass Polish for the windows. Auto Glym Bumper Care for the black trim (fantastic stuff this is,would highly recommend it). Then ArmourAll Tyre Foam for the tyres.

For any chrome/stainless stuff i use Autosol :)

Removed the rear door cards,and was left with the glue (that holds the plastic sheet on). I used an Adhesive Remover (that i got from halfrauds aaaages ago) and White Spirit and it soon came off. Some before and after photos (the pics Before is the opposite door)

BEFORE
IMG_0109-B.jpg

IMG_0111-B.jpg

AFTER
IMG_0112-b.jpg

Nothing exciting,but its the attention to detail that counts :)

remove the grey seal that goes around the door frame ;) the seal on the door itself stop water coming in. the grey one is illreliavent. it just stops you banging your hed on metal :p

i wouldnt say they are heavy but there heavier than plastic trim! so get em removed lol.

the corrosion myth is a load of horlics too imo :p

As a metallurgist I will say it's not corrosion that kills the manifold it's oxidation that's the main cause of problems.

I don't know if we have any other metallurgist on this forum that will be able to verify this......but wrapped headers will be subjected to much higher temperatures than open headers and over time will be much more likely to suffer from accelerated loss of mass.

This happened to my last manifold, it started blowing one day from one of the header pipes, mid way down.....so I removed it for inspection and when I took the heat wrap off I was greeted with a mass of flakes under the heat wrap, (several mm's deep), and a header which was paper thin in places........you could literally press it in with your thinger tip!

Heat wrap works to reduce under bonnet temps 'yes', but does so at the expense of the header. By all means use it, but just be aware of the potential consequences.

looks great :)

are you going to spray the inside of those doors black or red?

just looks unfinished IMO with that faded bit in the middle....

love the dust caps,

really smart car (Y)

New goodies arrived today from Broony (many thanks!),Whiteline Front Anti Roll Bar (22mm) and a Whitleline Rear Anti Roll Bar (22mm)

23072009019b.jpg

23072009020b.jpg

Apologies for the pics,used my phone

New goodies arrived today from Broony (many thanks!),Whiteline Front Anti Roll Bar (22mm) and a Whitleline Rear Anti Roll Bar (22mm)

23072009019b.jpg

23072009020b.jpg

Apologies for the pics,used my phone

Haha he purchased those off of me a few months back.

Hope you didn't get ripped off ;)

They are the Heavy Duty versions as you probably know :)

Nah my friend works in a body shop and he done it for me.

The bonnet catch will get a lick of black paint next week. I only got the bonnet on tonight (around 7pm) and i've gotta be up mega early tomorrow as its the TRAX show at Silverstone :D Not bad timing 'ey

Nah my friend works in a body shop and he done it for me.

The bonnet catch will get a lick of black paint next week. I only got the bonnet on tonight (around 7pm) and i've gotta be up mega early tomorrow as its the TRAX show at Silverstone :D Not bad timing 'ey

cool,

is it done with fibre glass or metal plates and stuff?

Metal plates were welded onto the corners of the bonnet and then smoothed over with filler

cool,

i was thinking of looking into getting this done myseld, with a black one through and a much squarer open mouth, sort of pre-facelift...

but this does look awesome!

Very nice, I wouldn't want to be infront of your car at night, I'll be looking in my rear view mirror thinking some beast is after me, lol. You gotta get a pic of your car with a full moon behind with your undercar kit in, that would be ace I reckon.

I could only take that pic from one side as the driver side neon has smashed :( Either hit a speed bump too quick or a stone flicked up and smashed it :(

Gave the car a wash yesterday,thought i'd take some pics:

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

Took the Car to Nissan today for my friend to give it a Service,aswell had the Whiteline Front & Rear Anti Roll Bars fitted:

(Apologies for the photos,had to use my phone)

Front Before:
12092009058.jpg

Front After:
12092009062.jpg

Back Before:
12092009057.jpg

Back After:
12092009061.jpg

The car rolled out of the Nissan Service Bay and drove her home. Gonna be going out this afternoon to an abandoned air strip to test them out :)

I have considered it,but it aint worth it,as i use the rear doors quite often. Also the boot doesnt have a popper neither has it got Boot Struts at the moment,so using the back doors is the only way to access the back :)

looking great mate you will notice a differance as you have all the bits i have and it corners so well keep up the great work

I have considered it,but it aint worth it,as i use the rear doors quite often. Also the boot doesnt have a popper neither has it got Boot Struts at the moment,so using the back doors is the only way to access the back :)

its realy easy to it a petrol and boot lid poper mate and can pic them up for about £3! and you can the get rid of the lock on the fule lid too (Y)

Back