• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

Oil line kits arrived today,extremely quick delivery!

IMG_1493.jpg

Also some photo whoring:

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

i didnt expect the kits to arrive so fast! I ordered them about a week ago and the auction said 13-25 day delivery! Cant believe how big the braided hoses are!

Frank has finished my manifold so should receive that back soon :)

Just noticed Frank,doesnt the Turbo have to sit parallel with the engine block? In theory the turbo would need to be turned 90 degrees right?

Just noticed Frank,doesnt the Turbo have to sit parallel with the engine block? In theory the turbo would need to be turned 90 degrees right?

thats how martins is mate, its the only way they will fit between the alternator and rad, and it brings the exhaust outlet in the same place as before (for a conventional downpipe)

yeah mines the same hooded :) its actually alot better poistioned as nothing needs to be moved at all

downpipe is straight down and makes for a much neater fit

if you want something like youve seen you got to go down stanis route of moving everything to fit

leaves more room this way though mate :)

and frank.... top notch work yet again me old mate!!!:laugh:

Roll on 2 weeks time aka Pay Day :D Still plenty left to do :)

I did get abit confused on what the thing on the bottom was,then i realised what it was lol.

Would i need to buy a manual boost adjuster to turn it down,or can i do that now already? What about disconnecting the accuator? Just that i'd prefer to be running on extremely low boost (or even no boost!) just to get me buy...or...i can wait...but i cant :p

Decided to go ahead and get the intercooler first before brakes. I need to go quick enough first to be able to stop ;)

Found the links Stani posted up in my other topic,and the intercooler is no longer available...bad times! So a quick search led me to find another one that same size. Clicked the auction and its located in Great Yarmouth,which is a 20min drive from mine! So i emailed the seller and asked if i could collect and they said let them know when and they can arrange a meet up. Result! Saves me £9.99 in carridge!

Couple of questions...

What engine oil would i need to start using? How often would i need to do oil changes?

With regards to the exhaust,is my 48mm Ashley system good enough for a turbo set up or will i need to go bigger? If so,i'm gonna have to look into getting one custom made. If i can use the Ashley system,its just a case of getting a down pipe made to fit the turbo and the front section of the system

48mm is about 1.8 inches so i would personally be saying its a bit too restrictive for a turbo car. I would choose a 2.25 or 2.5 inch mandrel bent custom exhaust.

Got a price for a stainless system today so will be getting that made at some stage. Got a price for a down pipe to be made in the mean time so i can get the car running etc.

Small update!

Went over to a mate's house today to have my roof wrapped,came out pretty well :)

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

This month i was hoping to get the intercooler and pipe work,and then get the lil bits and pieces the following month. But instead,some bargains popped up and took the opputunity to get them!

Almera 1.6 Injectors & Fuel Rail

IMG_2022.jpg

Pulsar GTiR Calipers (currently being painted!)

IMG_2025.jpg

GREDDY Turbo Timer

IMG_2031.jpg

Boost Gauge

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

Hey, Chris, as much as I love your roof I have to say that I'm a bit sad :)
I ordered a vinyl black matt sheet to cover the roof of my car and you have already done yours... ha-ha...
At least the color will be different :p

dude you know what will be awesome....

setting up the turbo times to keep the engine running for 30secs after the key is out its cool!!!!

also helps the turbo alot due to it allows and ensures the turbo has finished spooling and lets everything settle while ensureing any built up boost has gone.... i must admit i annoyed one at work by hitting the throttle when i got out the car

I bought a roll of carbon vinyl (big enough to the do the roof) from a vinyl stand at Mod Nats and it cost me £20.00 (my mate didnt charge me to fit it...so thats a result!)

Calipers are all painted now...

IMG_2047.jpg

Looking for a dump valve,and the friend who sold me the T25 Turbo,has got these. Which one will be best?

In-line with pipe work:

2011-06-04231312.jpg

2011-06-04231329.jpg

2011-06-04231341.jpg

2011-06-04231350.jpg

Bolts onto Turbo?

2011-06-04231413.jpg

2011-06-04231421.jpg

2011-06-04231447.jpg

2011-06-04231456.jpg

Had my downpipe fabricated (well...tacked together) yesterday. Had the choice of a screamer pipe for the waste gate (like the S14s?) or to have the wastegate joint with the exhaust. Seeming as the screamer would be stupidly loud on boost,i opted for the joint option. Just needs to be all welded together and jobs a good one! Big thanks to Fast Eddy for fabricating it!

Bit the bullet today and bought my front mount intercooler...

2011-06-08185630.jpg

2011-06-08185759.jpg

Next month should see me getting the intercooler pipe work and walbro fuel pump. I've got TAX due end of the month so thats £130 for that alone. Plus i owe some money. Fingers crossed it'll be August time when it gets all fitted and mapped. Estimated time of completion is 3rd-4th week of August in time for JAE :)

But that is funds depending of course

Can't wait to see the finished product here, always wanted to get a turbo fitted to my K11. Money keeps holding me back! Good luck (Y)

All my wages (when I have a job) go on bills and car as well, but I can't afford to do an engine transplant until later in the year :(. My girlfriend gets really stressy about it. "Why are you spending all that money on a Micra??" :glare:

Luckily my girlfriend is mad on cars aswell,plus shes known me long enough (and seen the car through the years) and knows how much the car means to me :D I would say shes the perfect girlfriend :p

Lucky you lol, I so wish mine was the same. She went balistic when I said it was going to be stripped of carpets, back seats, air con, and the stereo lol

Hooded we lead the same lives lol my girlfriend isnt mad on cars though but i nearly gave up with this recent turbo build as we tried for another baby and it worked first time so she convinced me to keep on track, that track being august like yours!! :D

Back