Hesitation Through Gears.

Mine has had the same problem as this, tried the link here but i'm not yet a member yet so I went in search of the cisco thread.
http://www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/cg13de-throttle-body-resoldering-guide.pdf
So, hopefully following this should help as the problem sounds to be the exact same thing?
main problem will be finding somewhere to do it, as the car's on the road.
(sorry for threadjacking btw)
As the family's not exactly confident in cars they want me to take it to the garage... do you think they'll make it expensive?
Thanks for reading :)

Just take the throttle body of and do it in your bedroom, 4 hex bolts hold it on 6mm allen key iirc, 1 vacuum hose and 2 coolant hoses

Thanks Karl! i couldn't find a thanks button so have commented
Edit: would i have to worry about fluids flushing out if i do that?

Yes and no when you remove the coolant hoses the two either side at the back make sure you point them upwards, you shouldn't lose too much fluid when pulling them off

Yes and no when you remove the coolant hoses the two either side at the back make sure you point them upwards, you shouldn't lose too much fluid when pulling them off

and if you've already taken the TB before you remove the hoses make sure none falls into the inlet manifold.

Made a big trip a morning of this week, I was stuck in the trafic on the highway for at least 10min because of an accident, then the car started to had hicups, hesitation and jumps when I ran it, very noticeable on 2ND gear.
I also noticed my fuel consumtion is increasing, and a little loss of power during acceleration.

Looks like I will have to do the TB resoldering job. Strange thing is I thought that the problem was only on the 93 to 95 models, mine is a 98 pre facelift. I'm hesitating about giving a try to cleaning the MAF, I read a lot of topics about it, and MAF fitted in Nissan cars seems very sensitive.

Made a big trip a morning of this week, I was stuck in the trafic on the highway for at least 10min because of an accident, then the car started to had hicups, hesitation and jumps when I ran it, very noticeable on 2ND gear.
I also noticed my fuel consumtion is increasing, and a little loss of power during acceleration.

Looks like I will have to do the TB resoldering job. Strange thing is I thought that the problem was only on the 93 to 95 models, mine is a 98 pre facelift. I'm hesitating about giving a try to cleaning the MAF, I read a lot of topics about it, and MAF fitted in Nissan cars seems very sensitive.

could be a lambda sensor as well mate

I don't think Mck, my lambda sensor is a new Nissan one, I fitted 6 months ago. Frank told me the TB dry joints problem was on 93 to 99 models.

Nah, itl be running very lean.
My car is the same now its running boost with standard injectors/map
It hesitates when you give it any beans, ideally you need bigger injectors and a remap! but otherwise you could try upping the fuel pressure for a temp fix.

I would prefer to remove it to be able to fully remove and pump vacuum the dry solder and put new one, but if I remove it I will need a new gasket...

Hi
Scott
What is the best way to clean the Maf sensor. I am a recent owner of a micra. today i took the air box off to see where this sensor was but it seems its built into the throttle body. i stopped as on my other cars its been a doddle to clean the mafs but on this i am not quite sure.any information will be helpful as my car has a slight hesitation too. I am wondering too about the MAF.

First of all, Hi!
I have the symptoms as you do, especially in 2nd gear, its jumping like a kangaroo, random stalls, etc.
I have LPG kit, and strangely, its running good, except it eats 13 liters per 100km.
Running on fuel is not so good too 11-12 l / 100km.
The first thing got on my mind was the injectors, so I putted injector cleaner additive - nothing.

I cant explain why i dont have this problems when I run on LPG.
Does the MAF regulates the fuel injection, and only the fuel injection?

(btw, nice forum :) )

Back