Can't select any gears on my 1.0 K11

Hi all, was driving home today and pulled out into a roundabout, I put the clutch pedal down and put the gearstick into 2nd, I then tried to accelerate and the car just revved as if I was not in gear. I thought I might have not pushed the gearstick into 2nd properly, so I quickly tried again whilst in the middle of a roundabout, it didn't work so I tried 1st gear, that didn't work so luckily I had enough drive from pulling out to be able to freewheel off the roundabout.
I managed to pull up at the closest safest place, unfortunately that was on a corner with double yellow lines. I turned the engine off to let it rest for a few minutes, turned it on and tried to get into gears and it would not work. I even let the clutch out quickly to try and stall the engine, it wouldn't work. I had to get a tow truck to tack me home.

What does anyone think the problem is? I have an advisory on the front CV joint, is that anything to do with it? Thanks in advance.

With the engine running have a look from the top of the engine to see if the shaft is spinning freely (should be drivers side if it's popped out)

With the engine running have a look from the top of the engine to see if the shaft is spinning freely (should be drivers side if it's popped out)
Got it fixed. The clutch had gone, gear linkage was nearly gone too but got fixed for free. Thanks for the advice though, appreciated.

Back