Got Poke? cos i have a serious one :o

Got my wheels sorted, redrilled, spigots machined and I just noticed I might need some bolt on arches. lol. Serious negative offset. check pictures.

20100808_005.jpg

20100808_006.jpg

20100808_007.jpg

20100808_008.jpg

20100808_009.jpg

grr
dont mind the missing hub caps. I thought I might get away with flared arches and some stretch before I got the wheels sorted for micras PCD, but I really dont think so now. Im not a big fan of bolt ons, but here is no other solution.

cheers

:pi wasn't expecting that much poke. I think I choose arches rather then jail :D
Anyone know where to get some? I found some on Ebay, but nothing special and Im not willing to pay 200 quid for ones from mph.

was thinking something like this
toyota_markII_cressida_black_03.jpg

matt humphris, i sold him the only set that i knew of in britain and he now makes copies. either normal for £280 i think or carbon for £380. but i dont think they are big enough to be honest. your looking at nismo arches which in my opinion dont look nice without the full kit

thanks Stani, like i said above I really dont wanna spend 200+ on them, I got Matts price list and seen them.

Think Im gonna get tyres first and then give it a shot.

here is the link on the arches on RR.
looks like it should be enough, what do ya think?

Search for the user rangerbob on RR his arches are nicer looking (imho), and now come in a wider design as well.
This will look excellent with some lace paint between the roof slots.

I bought front camber kit +/- 1.75%. hope its good.
clicky here
they are about 40 quid cheaper then the whiteline and they do 0.25% more camber. just need to sort out the rear. frank, waiting for you :D

A bit too much poke for me. What's the spec on the wheels? Am guessin' 13x7 reverse offset? That would make it about ET-63? :suspect:

Would camber shims not do the job for the rears?

Looks similar to mine :)

Just as for a bit of info the cutting of the rear axle and welding it back together to give negative camber is exactly the same way the genuine Nismo rear axels are/were made...so if its good enough for nissan motorsport. :)

Only other option is to cut the rear arch metal out (to allow suspension compression)...which despite cambering the rear axle i think will be your only option given the amount of wheel you need to hide. :D

for the back iirc you can/could buy a wide track kit, as i understood it the ends of the axel (where the wheel bolts to_ unbolted and then some spacers were bolted in place, something daft like 4" per side, so if this is true, why not just unbolt the end of the axel and either make a tapered spacer or put some shims under the bottom.

not the above is not gospel as ive not studied the k11 rear axel in any great detail.

er wow you sure you don't have the wheels on the wrong way round!?

are you sure you are going to be able to steer, even if you do get them on?

if this goes ahead then you are deff gonna need some serious camber to pull the look off.
cant wait to see this all done, its gonna look the muts!!

Im sure the wheels are the right way round NeX :D They are just extremly negative offset. I tried to steer with them on and it looks like there is enough space for tyres. If not it will go to to some VW boy, but Im 99% sure it will work.
I know I need camber and I do like the mod of rear axle frank did on his car. I just dont trust enough my welding. will see.

I got myself some pirelli p vw golf wheels. This doesn't mean I wont be sorting the wire wheels, its just to much money to finish it for now as I have lost my job. Doing them means buying extended studs, bolt on arches, having them painted or do it myself still costs, getting new hubcap/wheelcaps as i have only 3 and tyres. they will have to wait. Im planing on striping the paint and polishing the aluminium. They can look great.
pirelli151.jpg

What arew you going to do about the centre bore? I though that VW was 57.something. Although I have also seen on here that the large taper on the bore on some vw wheels just about clears the centre spigot on our cars. You might just need a small spacer to get it to clear.

Nice wheels, i like the design a lot. Will look great tucked up in your arches.

i know the centre bore is smaller, but as you said the large taper on the bore on some vw wheels just about clears the centre spigot on our cars. Micra is lug cenric so i think i might not need to touch them at all.

Back