Gauging interest: CDF light weight water pump and crank pulleys group buy

As above in the title, i've gotten in touch with CDF racing who manufacture pulleys for many different engines. I've sent on pictures of the pulleys to Chris at CDF and have enquired about a small group buy on water pump and crank pulleys for the CG13de engine.

Price pending but how many on here would be interested in a set? Or would any body be interested? Express your interest or any questions you would like me to put forward to the company in this thread please :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

IF all else fails regarding the pulleys, try Gspec. It's a US company dedicated mostly for supplying and making parts for the SR20. I am sure though that with enough interested they will make micra pulleys.

I for one will definatley be interested in the pulleys :)

I know of gspec having bought parts from them before. I would imagine they wouldn't make them unless it was a very large group buy to cover the costs, sr20 is a popular motor worldwide whereas cg13 is fairly unknown. But thats great, only another 8 names to get this rolling :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm off to cdf racing tomorrow, they hire their air compressor from me and needs a service, quite a nice place they got there, nice chap too

Get up at 4 to be here on time, and no bugger is here and apparently on holiday! When did you speak to him last?

"tests show that an average of 2.7hp gained from every pound of weight that is reduced from the crankshaft" and pigs fly too :rolleyes:reduced from the crankshaft
pigs do fly frank in helicopters :p
i know the write up is allot of bull but its still a lightweight pulley

It would be far more benefit to make them underdrive......weight isn't going to give you any real benefit......lightening the flywheel would be money better spent.

aye tis :) as is the 1.0 one, but hp gains from lighter rotating mass are still zero tho :)
i completely forgot reading that on here before pretty sure it was posted by you.
do u happen to know the actual weight of both pulleys? and are they also different diameter or just weight?
i haven't yet got hold of a cg13 yet otherwise i'd check myself. hopefully in next week or 2 tho :D

negligible imo, the alternator still has to charge the battery and run the electrics, however fast or slow you spin it (tho they do look pretty :))
from wat i have read about underdrive pulleys the difference is not enough to negatively affect the alternator even at ordinary engine speeds admittedly i have no personal experience so don't take my word for it

i completely forgot reading that on here before pretty sure it was posted by you.
do u happen to know the actual weight of both pulleys? and are they also different diameter or just weight?
i haven't yet got hold of a cg13 yet otherwise i'd check myself. hopefully in next week or 2 tho :D

from wat i have read about underdrive pulleys the difference is not enough to negatively affect the alternator even at ordinary engine speeds admittedly i have no personal experience so don't take my word for it
1 kg and 2kg iirc lugseile, and same size just the 1.3 one acts as a harmonic balancer eh.
and the voltage regulator will over-ride a size reduction/underdrive (to a point) if you slow the alt down the field coils will just work harder to make up the difference (to a point also)

i'm not sure wat u mean by "harmonic balancer" will using the 1L pulley on the 1.3L cause problems?
i preferred to use the harmonic one on my 1.3,s, in-case the crankwhip caused any premature chain wear, but my 2 x japspec 1.3,s had the lighter (non harmonic) pulley on, so i just use them now

negligible imo, the alternator still has to charge the battery and run the electrics, however fast or slow you spin it (tho they do look pretty :))

A 2x larger alt pulley robbed from the scrappy would be a better option given the negligible effects ;)

A 2x larger alt pulley robbed from the scrappy would be a better option given the negligible effects ;)
my bigger alt pulley was fitted to in order to run a slacker belt really dave, (as was the idlerless waterpump) i dont think they give me any gains other than reducing parasitic losses :)

my bigger alt pulley was fitted to in order to run a slacker belt really dave, (as was the idlerless waterpump) i dont think they give me any gains other than reducing parasitic losses :)

Figured since it was on the ghetto list, you'd found some gains Frank :)

We found the potential to free up some wasted torque below 4k based on alternator specs and drive ratios. Didn't even consider frictional losses. If there is anything there then dumping the oem pump and pulley is another bonus for us, as the EWP is far more efficient.

EWP is far more efficient.
that explains this pic of yours then mate :) ?

pump.jpg

my half speed alt and solar panel was very efficient, sadly missed :(

Yeah sure does :)

That was for Erik's benefit, seeing as his last update was related to not using the oem water pump any more. Seeing as he continues to dangle his beloved 'gulrot' it's anyone's guess :p

And yeah I bet, nice use in place of the colossal weight of the sunroof.....picking one of those up was a bit of a shocker!

Back