Replacing belts and water pump

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Hi there, I was wondering if someone who has the Micra workshop manual would please be able to scan the information relating to replacing the belts for an LX Micra with no power steering or aircon, and for replacing the water pump or replacing the pulleys on it (not sure which way I'm going yet.

It would be very much appreciated as I cannot afford to buy the workshop manual yet, but definitely need to do this work.

Thanks in advance :)

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
LonePhantom WROTE:

"Hi there, I was wondering if someone who has the Micra workshop manual would please be able to scan the information relating to replacing the belts for an LX Micra with no power steering or aircon, and for replacing the water pump or replacing the pulleys on it (not sure which way I'm going yet.<BR><BR>It would be very much appreciated as I cannot afford to buy the workshop manual yet, but definitely need to do this work.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance :)

Hey Lone phantom, see what i can do about scanning the pages for you tonight.

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
sarge3uk WROTE:

"whats making you want to change the pump

The tensioner pulley bearings are pretty much gone. I think it's going to be cheaper in the long run to replace the whole pump rather than buy the pulley from Nissan. There doesn't appear to be any aftermarket listings. Unless someone knows of one from a different car?

sportsclassic WROTE:
Hey Lone phantom, see what i can do about scanning the pages for you tonight.

Thanks heaps for that mate. :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
water pump is pretty simple.

Buy some new O rings for the pipe which slips into the back of it.

Belts are also pretty simple. You undo the nut on the pulley a bit (17mm open ended spanner i think i used) and then just with a socket on a long extension you can tension the pullet using the fairly obvious tensioner thingo. then just tighten up the pulley nut again.

i chucked a bit of loc-tite on them too. have done with my patrol as theyre the same design. that way i dont have to do them up too tight and they dont fall off :)

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Just another post regarding this to see if anyone else might know the information I'm after.

The water pump tensioner pulley is on it's way out. It's noisy like the bearings are gone. I'm guessing I wont be able to service the pulley, so will need a new one. Anyone have an idea of what aftermarket options from other cars might fit?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
LonePhantom WROTE:

"Just another post regarding this to see if anyone else might know the information I'm after. <BR>
<BR>
The water pump tensioner pulley is on it's way out. It's noisy like the bearings are gone. I'm guessing I wont be able to service the pulley,

lonephantom

the bearing is a "6301" in mine (no pas, no aircon)

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
nz_aj WROTE:

"How do you know it's the tensioner bearings?

How many km has you car done?

Checked out by a mechanic when my clutch was replaced. It's the one making the noise. The car has 190xxx kms on it now.

frank2 WROTE:

the bearing is a "6301" in mine (no pas, no aircon)

What is that number refrering to Frank? An aftermarket part or nissan? If aftermarket what brand?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
lonephantom

it,s the bearing code/number, any bearing stockist will supply one from that number (rubber seal type, btw).
the bearing is retained by some little clinch indents, so it may need loctite-ing in to make it fully secure

frank

Back