Exhaust

ahh yeah i get it now lol... the reason i never went with 4-2-1 is i wanted to keep the first cat for emissions, plus with next years plans i couldn't justify spending money on something that would end up redundant, whereas franks mani is quality at a reasonable price and holds its resale value (not that I'll sell it)

sorry to get commenting but will this system for a k11 1348cc? i guess i wouldn't fit the downpipe... just the mid and rear section?

your manifold is slightly shorter and your one and only cat is deepe/longer essexpunx, so the downpipe will hang 2 or 3 inches lower

Right let me get this right............. this system will be fine for a pre-facelift K11 1300 Super S?....... also there is an exhaust manifold that will fit it as I want to remove all cats and my O/E manifold is cracked anyway???

So my 1300 SUPER S + THAT EXHAUST + SOME SORT OF MANIFOLD is possable here??

Whats this 'Frankspeed' manifold??

Sorry i was getting a little confused so wanted to clear this up :wasntme:

Cheers

'Frankspeed' - OEM manifold, Modified by Frank.
Yes this system fits the 1.3 super s as that is what i have, aswell as KarlJ

the post 2000/coilpack engines have a slightly shorter mani, a longer (single) cat, and a shorter downpipe, but you could retro-fit a pre 2000 mani and front cat and peter lloyd system to a post 2000 car tho

Payday is now here and exhaust is ordered! :p

I have a 'Frankspeed' manifold ready to be fitted at the same time and hopefully another 1st Cat so i can knock the insides out to make it free flow!! :grinning:

Just some gaskets and im away!! Woooo (Y)

you should move over here lol . We don't have cat tests in the mot. We do have emissions but a spirited drive before makes most cars pass.

Hi Guys,

my frankspeed and sportex competition exhaust system are also fitted.

it really sounds great but from my point of view it is really to loud. Esp. on the highway you can turn off the radio and stop talking, cause you cant hear anything. If i leave the foot throttle it seems there is no backbox fitted.
Here in germany the police controls all the cars where they think something is going wrong...........the exhaust is so loud that i think it is only a question of time till they will stop me if they hear my car.
What does it make so loud? The missing cat or the back box with the straight through pipe?? Can i do something to make it a bit more silent??? Here in germany you can buy a sport cat for small money but there is no space to fit it cause the silencer (what is the function of it fwn ) of themidpipe of the sportex exhaust is so big.
rgds
monchi

mine has 3 "cherry bomb" type silencers monchi, and its sleeper quiet, you should be able to add at least 1 to the mid section

Attachments

• PICT0144.JPG
    PICT0144.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 397
Hi Frank,

...its always good to have dozens of midpipes for testing :p

...i found this thing from fox
bilderchens%20016.jpg

Diameter of the pipes is 45mm, length 250mm and diameter of the whole silencer is 100mm
...so i can fit that one behind the stock silencer from the sportex midpipe, right??

..that should do it more silent??:suspect:
cheers

Ive now put pics up of my exhaust in my blog............

Silvia14s Super S blog

Ill try and get vids soon!

I found it was quite loud and raspy when new but deepened up nicely when carboned up a bit! I dont find it to noisy really but I have had much noiser cars in the past. I know that the Laws in the UK arnt as strick as in mainland Europe either!

i heard the variety of sounds at the brighton meet-------:laugh:,,,should have come if you missed it,,,,smooth rasping sounds all round, just lets the engine noise out nicely

Sorry for the bump but thinking about getting a Peter Lloyd catback system soon.

Couple of questions.. Is it reasonably easy to fit? Just old one off, new gasket from back of first cat, then new system on and bobs your uncle? Where can i pick up one of these gaskets? Also will i need any fuel mods as ive got the ga16 airbox with a k&n panel filter so surely itll run lean?

theres a thick conical gauze gasket on the first cat between it and the downpipe, unless its totaly fubar then there is no need to change it. my PLR exhaust arrived today :D you will need a pair of clamps, maby some new rubbers

theres a thick conical gauze gasket on the first cat between it and the downpipe, unless its totaly fubar then there is no need to change it. my PLR exhaust arrived today :D you will need a pair of clamps, maby some new rubbers

Clamps as on those ones with the screw on them that ive just completely forgotten the name of? (like on the aibox over the TB)

Clamps as on those ones with the screw on them that ive just completely forgotten the name of? (like on the aibox over the TB)
No, the 'U' shaped exhaust clamps, iv forgotten the sizes you need but Sleeper will let you know im sure. they are a couple of quid each and easily to get hold of.

No, the 'U' shaped exhaust clamps, iv forgotten the sizes you need but Sleeper will let you know im sure. they are a couple of quid each and easily to get hold of.

Cheers, is it easy to workout how to fit them? Trickiest thing ive done is change the airbox haha!

you should be fine, the hardest part will be undoing the bolts that hold the old system to the first car (ones with springs on). they are always a pig and snap very easily. be gentle with them and use plenty of wd40 and maybe a blow torch...

you should be fine, the hardest part will be undoing the bolts that hold the old system to the first car (ones with springs on). they are always a pig and snap very easily. be gentle with them and use plenty of wd40 and maybe a blow torch...
Can you remember what size they are so i can get some fresh ones? Cheers

Sorry for the bump and double post but can anyone tell me if ill need fuel upgrades if i get the peter lloyd system seeing as ive got the ga16 airbox with k&n air filter?

you don't need it, however the car might see more performance from the parts with a remap (about £500 odd) think of it as laying the foundations for future upgrades... and you will get a nice noise:)
The bolts are about 12 quid from Nissan if you use the old springs. But if you want to use normal bolts and washers then I'm not sure what thread they are, m10x100 at a guess.

you don't need it, however the car might see more performance from the parts with a remap (about £500 odd) think of it as laying the foundations for future upgrades... and you will get a nice noise:)
The bolts are about 12 quid from Nissan if you use the old springs. But if you want to use normal bolts and washers then I'm not sure what thread they are, m10x100 at a guess.

Thanks, im not trying to make it into a speed machine as such, im only 18 so cant afford to cover a lot of mods anyway. Just didnt know if it would run too lean and damage the engine in any way. Is there a fuel regulator or something that will compensate for it somewhat?

Back