Exhaust

well that was a mission standard system came straight off no trouble at all, sportex system finally went on after 45minutes of wrestling with bolts for the cat and the mid pipe to down pipe join was more than a little snug... but it's on and it's not blowing :grinning: just knocking some where, i think it's the back box other than that alls good

as for volume it's really not that loud has a bit of a 2.0ltr rally sound but in a good way

i had a gander at karl,s system today..... looked very impressive, and its twice the size of the puny stock system :cool:

right frank you saw my car (Y) and heres some pics of standard v sportex i have some vids but they're invalid file types

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    847 KB · Views: 361
i had a gander at karl,s system today..... looked very impressive, and its twice the size of the puny stock system :cool:

Would you be happy with the sound level Frank? I'm with you on wanting something quiet and discreet so as always value your opinion.

thanks

Would you be happy with the sound level Frank? I'm with you on wanting something quiet and discreet so as always value your opinion.

thanks

my car wasn't running when frank saw it, i didn't have a helmet and i forgot money aswell :down:

this was the peter lloyd rallying cat back system? would it fit on a pre facelift k11?
also, very keen on hearing the system :)

this was the peter lloyd rallying cat back system? would it fit on a pre facelift k11?
also, very keen on hearing the system :)
it is the peter looys and yes it would fit. all the exhausts are basicaly the same apart from the 4wd model which most of us never gonna see. you can here it if you open the to photobucket what karl posted.

sweet. sorry im on my school network at the mo and they have banned it as resourse sharing. i'll defintely check it out though :)

I forgot to mention in the video the exhaust was cold as for living with it, it's good I work nights and police didn't even look twice :cool: but time will tell

tbh i'm not worried about it failing the engine is in good condition and except the exhaust everything else is standard

Nice one Karl, I've just fitted a cat-back on mine and it was embarrassing for about 150 miles ands then seemed to quieten right down - dunno why. Just left with a really nice, subtle burble now :).

haha fair enough. how much extra horses you reckon you have? sorry to keep asking questions :p

honestly nothing noticeable maybe 3/4 extra horseys

Nice one Karl, I've just fitted a cat-back on mine and it was embarrassing for about 150 miles ands then seemed to quieten right down - dunno why. Just left with a really nice, subtle burble now :).

i'm not easily embarrassed so i'm not fussed by it, but after it's warmed up it doesn't sound that loud

have you got a picture from the rear for this Karl? as mine will probably look exactly the same (can't wait!)

There will be a demonstration of how you can use , modify , exhaust manifold ( 4-2-1 ) from another car , in the Maxi Micra project in not too long time.
I think that there will be quite a few eyebrows going up in full mode after seing that :)

Mines all done :) fitted really easily very slight knocking round corners from the back box bend will sort it later just happy i actually have an exhaust on. frankspeed needs a gasket so didnt fit that today :glare:

Back