Ever got caught speeding?

Twice, once for doing an average of 94mph (hands up for that) and again in a 1.0 k10 apparently also doing 94 mph (definately did not do this).

3pts in both cases + £60 fine.

Lol, the max speed (book figure) for a K10 is 85. Did you dispute it?

I've got nil pois :)

Arnold i couldn't be bothered, I however WOULD do so these days, I am alot better informed. They have all expired now.

I do speed though.. like 5/10 over the limit.. like.. if it's 30 I'd flow with the traffic and go 35/40. Could you get done for speeding if someone saw you speeding and told the police? or is tehre lack of evidence?

LOL, lack of evidence. even a panda car could only give you a warning if they don't have video setup on the car. It's not what you know it's what you can prove!

depending on speed and how the copper feels, even if he cant prove it aparently he can give you one of those antisocial behaviour thingies (get the feeling i cant remember what they are called, lol)...where if you get caught again they take away the car :eek:

If two cops see and both agree your speeding that is enough to land you in court. They are 'professional witnesses'

True but i'm sure you have a right to have them (the two officers) tested to see if they can truely see if a car/van/truck etc travels at X speed. no test no evidence. :)

When I got my ST I took it out to a deserted industrial estate with a long stretch of road to see what it had...clearly it was a well known spot for people doing exactly that and I got busted doing 92 k/ph in a 50 zone...Half my points (6 of 12 per year) lost and $350 fine :( One thing i will say...My ST gets up to 92 pretty damn quick, I only just started giving it a bootful when i got pulled over... But now I'm back to granny mode and intend to stay that way...for atleast 11 months grr

touch mouse, not been fined or given points have been pulled over twice...

on both occasions was like yes sir, no sir, 3 bags etc...

got let off both times...

one of the occasions the passenger copper said "you were going 80mph cos thats we had to do to catch you up" i didnt want to embarass him but i just said sorry i thought i was doing bout 55mph...

haven't got any luckily:D been pulled over more times than i can remember though and i am only 18. you see i am not the oldest looking 18 year old, i mean i got asked for id to buy a 15 movie:S. all i get is can i see you licence please sir, i show them and they say oh rite we just thought u look about 14- 15 years old have a good nightgrr

i don't make a habit of speeding, i mean i have, everyone has, but not that often.

i know where all mobile camera zones are and ,speed cameras in the uk lol you are allowed 10% +2 over the speed limit before you get caught that is a fact :eek:)

oh yeah got pulled over for doing 95 in a 30 but nothing came of it lol

Got flashed twice on my motorbike, but there were seven of us doing it as a protest over something or over, and they were foward facing ones that take the front... no number plate on the front of a bike!
We drove through giving it the finger... Pretty childish really :)

:blush: i dont really know but he basicly said that it was a warning and to treat the road with respect never broke the speed limmit since :slm:

Clean for speeding, never even been pulled. Although yeah i speed, just my brakes work very well.
Saying that last year i was tested for drink driving 3 times, when i bought the k10 driving through london insurance licence and car right checked over because insurance went though an hour before, i took a swig from a bottle whilst driving and they suspected it was drugs and i had a bag of tobbaco. lol

So in total pulled 4-5 times with nothing to show for it.

I got pulled over on the M2 down a very steep hill (I'm sure the locals on here will know of the Medway Bridge hill!) last year doing 110+ in the Micra, he told me he had to do 120 to catch me up, it was about 4am, in the end he said: "What am I gonna do with you?", I said "That's up to you" (looking VERY sorry for myself) he said "#### off then" and got in the car and drove off!!

I now very rarely go above 80! Learned my lesson!

James you should be locked up! Think of all the children you killed going that speed!!!!!

I'm suprised half of you think it's ok say about how fast you were going even if your getting away with it. 95 in a 30! Thats stupid imo.

62mph on a 50mph Dual Carriageway, broad daylight with excellent visibility.....i was nabbed by a scamera van whilst i was in the middle of an overtaking manouvere which usually means having to "accelerate" to get past another vehicle at a higher speed....the Law states that the Camera van must be visible for 100 metres and the reason i didn't see them is that as i was passing the car to my left, i'm "accelerating" faster than the Car to my left, i'm too busy concentrating on the road and the Car to my left to notice some bloody 2 bit camera on the side of the road 200 metres away....

£60 + 3 points grr

"Look at that car John!...we'll have that posh b*****d...bet he's got loads of money....har har har!"

Speedingevidencephoto.jpg

I'm suprised half of you think it's ok say about how fast you were going even if your getting away with it. 95 in a 30! Thats stupid imo.
In no way do I think what I was doing was big nor clever. I'll admit right now that it was stupid, although the road was utterly empty the law is the law.

I showed instant remorse for my actions and this is possibly why the copper let me off, I was genuinely ####ting myself and apologising with every other word.

And no, we do not condone speeding, however I don't think anyone here is advocating speeding.

i was caught twice, 43 on a 30 and 60 on a 40...i got 6 points and 2x£60 fines...currently trying to get my license back :down:

i got pulled for doing 40 in a 30, cos there were signs further down the road for a 40 limit, and there were none for 30mph...

the copper (or officer) said i was doing 40 perfectly whilst the squad car was behind.
but the limit is 30..... so he took me outside the car.... had a look around and said to me..... nice car, keep it that way.. (yeah right) but theres a hole in your exhaust, heres a producer..... and you dad wont be best pleased will he...... His names Tony right?...... (in amaizment i said... yeah, do you work with him then) yes... tell you what, tony's a top bloke, im sure he wont let you drive it with that on there.... off you go...

i think he forgot why he stopped me..lol

we were talking bout my dad for 20 mins..haha

oh yeah got pulled over for doing 95 in a 30 but nothing came of it lol

If the above quote is true, which I have my doubts....however,

I don't stick exact to the speed limits all of the time, but to even consider doing 95 in a 30 limit is just shocking, let alone criminal. You should be ashamed of yourself, you almost come across like it's amusing you got away with it.

Doing such speeds on a motorway is one thing, but in a 30mph limit is quite another.

Kev

got pulled off a t5 in my work t4 transporter for doing 95 in a 60 then 80 on a country road, when he stopped me and asked me how fast i was going i said the obvious speed limit, he replied with "impossible, we couldnt keep up with you along backworth lonnen (the counrty road)" i was quite impressed id shook off a t5 in a van haha!

got let off with that.

Could you get done for speeding if someone saw you speeding and told the police? or is tehre lack of evidence?
There are cameras everwhere, it probably won't be a copper who stops you! Not worth it, especially if youve only just passed your test as 2 strikes and youre out..

Back