Nearly a speeding fine!

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Just been working on the boat all day today, doing some quite stressfull jobs. Coming home as i joined the dual carriageway i gave it some welly (stress relief!) and overtook the line of cars that had just joined.
Looking in my rear view i spotted a white car following me at a discrete distance and some instinct made me suspicious so i backed off (without braking) and went back into the inside lane through a gap in the traffic and took the next turn off, which is another (slightly longer) way home, as i did said car followed and my friend confimed 'yep thats a copper!', went for a little while down this country road and when it became apparent i wasn't going to speed the blues and twos came on.

(First time i've been pulled in 3 years!) Stopped car, and officer walked over, asked if i'd had a nice day (his eyes didn't look like he mean't it!) asked some questions about insurance how long i'd had the car and then asked me to get out (oh no!) after a few more questions about who i was insured with how long i'd had my license etc he said "Your gonna get 3 points if you do 90 in front of a police car" (I hadn't realised i'd gone that fast) so i said "Sorry officer i didn't think i was doing that speed", he conferred with his co-officer and then said they'd let me off as i had no previous convictions. (thank god) also said that if i hadn't spotted him and slowed down, another half mile it would have been 3 points!

So i've had a lucky escape today! I reckon he probably wanted to do me just didn't have the evidence.

(And yes i know that speeding is illegal so no self-righteous replies please!)

Lol i'd have been well shafted at that speed! I think its an automatic ban if your over 100? Or at least 6 points!

He'll have seen me join the motorway and been 'hello hello hello, looks like we've got one here!"

The moral is it never pays to be caught speeding!

Back