Caught Speeding... Advice!!

First of all insurance cannot suddenly be 'void' by fitting tyres/nos or anything like that. By law insurance companes have to provide the basic level of cover. They however can come to you after a third party claim if you have an accident and they find you broke the terms of the insurance, and you would without doubt loose the fully comp aspect.

Secondly you do NOT need signs on the car for carrying any kind of gas, provided its yours and is not for use in anything related to your work of business, i.e. Non commercial use.

People need to stop assuming and making stuff up. Much of what you hear from third partys is simple NOT true.

No you are not ALLOWED 10% + 2 thats a guideline figure apparantly.
Pete are you saying then that if we do get out of the way, we get caught on a camera and 'done' and if we don't get out of the way our car gets plowed through?

yes you are allowed 10% +2 as it is now the law i was speaking to a traffic cop the other day who was parked up on chester rd sunderland who gave me some leaflets as well with a free tyre guage and every location in sunderland where they sit with the guns the vans ect ,and all the speed cameras. if you get caught doing under that now you get the option to take a course with the AA for a few quid but its at the oficers descression as to what speed the gun is set at,also did you know the vans do both sides of the road?!(at the same time) he also told me to ask for a certificate of callibration if i think i have been speeding .he was a nice chap and knew what he was talking about on the leaflet it states 10%+2 aswell but at the officers descression for the AA course

I can feel Ed's frustration bubbling! hehe. Ed is true in what he's said.

Nissanmicrak12, regardless of what you've been told, the allowance of 10% +2 is an ACPO guidline and not the law. It may well have become force policy but if they so wish they can do you for 31 in a 30, 41 in a 40 so long as they could prove it, which with current technology is hard to do.

they cant do ya for 31! now thats just being stupid what if your speedometer is out?thats what the 10%+2 is for no offence buddy but unless it is a static camera they cant do you for anything below 35 anymore, even static wont go as low as 31 they are 99.9% acurate a static camera is 33 the plus two is the leway that is given for the inacurate speedometers

No thats what I said, if the technology was there they 'could' do you for doing 31 in a 30. The technology isn't quite there yet and speedo's can be fairly innacurate, but the speed limit in a 30 is 30 and it is a limit. You are expected to drive up to that speed not beyond.

I think we are bouncing around between theoretical and practical law. Theoretically we CAN do you, practically we'd have trouble proving it. If average speed cameras were improved and the policies were in place I'm pretty sure it'd be easy to knock people off for 31mph. It's not a popular thing to do but the CC of North Wales Police is pretty keen on it.

Yes the 77mph incident i mentioned wasn't from a static camera it was a policeman following over a distance of a mile.

Pete is right, you can argue the point all you want. What the law says and may be morally acceptable are NOT the same, but the law is the law.

First of all insurance cannot suddenly be 'void' by fitting tyres/nos or anything like that. By law insurance companes have to provide the basic level of cover. They however can come to you after a third party claim if you have an accident and they find you broke the terms of the insurance, and you would without doubt loose the fully comp aspect......

Sorry my bad.

The way I generally explain it is they HAVE to cover you third party, as they have entered into a contract to provide you with insurance on good faith. If they later find out that you defrauded them by providing them with false information they are still bound to cover you at the minimum third party but will not pay out beyond this and will more than likely take steps to recover their losses as a result of your claim and getting covered again WILL be hard.

Thats the reason we are usually unable to sting people for no insurance when they are driving their 2.0l nova registered as a 1.3, there's other things to get them on obviously but no insurance isn't one of them.

my three were for doing 74 on a 70 on an empty motorway in the middle over the night. i just took it like a man (y)

my three were for doing 74 on a 70 on an empty motorway in the middle over the night. i just took it like a man (y)

speedos are normally out by about 10 miles at that kinda speed, and i was stopped by the police doing 100 on the motorway, they said its ok to do 80 even tho its not really alowed

if i was you i would disbute that one

You can appeal against the points in court, but be warned if they have you on RADAR gun then you will have to have your car sent to VOSA for a speedo check and if your speedo is wrong you might get off it or you might get a higher fine

thing is tho..

If you WERE DOING 74 mph, your speedo would of been showing between 80 and 83 ish..

So for all intents and purposes your knew you were doing 80..

Tbh I think its all edited

thing is tho..

If you WERE DOING 74 mph, your speedo would of been showing between 80 and 83 ish..

So for all intents and purposes your knew you were doing 80..

Tbh I think its all ######

Exactly my thoughts...

If you got caught speeding. chances are that 9 times out of 10 you were caught fair and square...

I do see the point of tryin to dispute it but only if there is concrete evidence to get you of with it

where the speed limit changes they are suppost to have the speed limit on both sides of the road,if they havent they cant do oat,just a technical point but worth investigating m8

Back