• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Optispart(mark) Blog

cheers matey!
erm im gettin a new backbox and some more interior spraying and this weekend im tinting the rear lights! :D

Heres a bit of an update!
i colour coded the boot handle im really pleased with the look of it :D

DSC00358.jpg

next to do is the door handles and hopefully buying some wingmirrors already done off daveyc.

also tinted the rear lights only got one picture but im again really pleased with it! :p

DSC00360.jpg

ill post up some more pics
what you guys think?

i think youve done a good job nice 1

i think u should air dryer the stickers off the rear :D

hair dryer even

yep its on my list lol, id like super s bumpers though thats what im waiting for really lol, and dont know about you but my tints on the rears have gone grey! :S
help lol

yearh i agree super s bumpers are worth waiting for. as for the rear lights did you tint them when it was wet or cold? that could be the reason.

yep its on my list lol, id like super s bumpers though thats what im waiting for really lol, and dont know about you but my tints on the rears have gone grey! :S
help lol

mark

it,s just the damp air making the paint bloom, use a hair dryer :)

arr rite i kinda thought something like that ill hair dry it now lol ill let ya know n post few pics cheers guys!
and yer supers do looke great!
and frank ill still be needing you help with fitting the 1.3 cams lol
if you remember i pmd you lol
cheers guys

Ok so i got really annoyed at the paint blooming on the rear tints so i took it off and removed the rears and sprayed them in the garage, it has come out alot better than last time now im really pleased, cheers for the help guys, heres a couple of pics anyway!

DSC00362.jpg

Prepping for the paint.

DSC00364.jpg

All sprayed the picture doesnt do justice though!

and refitted to the car again the picture does do justice to it!

DSC00365.jpg

cheers guys!

cheers guys, lol i was waiting for that when i sprayed my spoiler i did it on a plastic sheet and i used it to cover the lights yesterday when i tinted them and i was too lazy to brush the flakes of paint off lmao

after a few things i found nail polish remover brought it straight off with no mess and left a lovely gleaming undersurface ready to be re tinted :p

will have to try that as ive got some preface lift lights id like to fit to my micra.but have spray tint on them

Car looks boss mate, liking some of your ideas and may have to take them :p
I think spraying your console gives a quality effect - keep up the good work mate!!

my rear light tints came out the same darkness as your (judgeing from the pic) i wasnt sure they would be legal hence why i removed them? have you been ok driving with them?

yer mate its been fine, even been passed traffic police and nothing so yer see how it goes :)
should be ok because you can still see the light throught it fine

if anything i think mine are to dark

so i need to try find some reflectors to stick else where

u had a go at removing the badges on the rear or you just keeping them on ?

ive not had a go yet but i know petrol works well i think im gonna remove them soon!
also bought a performance panel filter not arrived yet lol and an ashley back box :D
cant wait for them to come ill post pics up of fitting and stuff when they arrive
thinking on getting some speedline alloys aswell like moddeds

fitted panel filter makes a nice difference :D
also fitted my ashley backbox sound AMAZING! in love lol
will post few pics up and a video!
:D

Backbox on!

Well as promised heres a small update with some pics :D

Firstly i got a K&N panel filter and it made the world of difference instead of the cone sounds good aswell not loud or anything just a slight different tone then my ashley backbox came:

DSC00372.jpg

Love it:love:

DSC00373.jpg

Then i started to fit and it was really messy and cold fingers :( lol

DSC00374.jpg

Once it was on it sounds amazing, and im really happy with the result!

DSC00375.jpg

Next on my list is to get a manifold possibly a janspeed :D

cant wait oh and my new mud flaps from antony arrived today :p

cheers guys
comments welcome :)

Looking good :)
My facelift rear bumper should be for sale in the not too distant future if you're interested? In your colour too :p

Well hers another update one im well pleased with lol,

I bought some new alloys (cheers alfonze)

£40 quid for set :D

also the super s mud guards bought off antony are one now jusr waiting for the new bumpers to arrive any way some pictures

DSC00390.jpg

another

DSC00391.jpg

and again.

DSC00392.jpg

The car needs a damn good clean! and im waiting for a janspeed manifold to come!

:D

excellent mate, same back box as mine lol, mine used to sit like your (hitting the bumper) i just cabled tied the left hanger (kept the rubber ones on aswell) sits bang on in the middle of the cutout now :)

well heres an update with pictures to follow later today :D

i recieved my super s bumper from NEX cheers, and did some work on it to get rid of all the scratches and gouges, then i rubbed down and painted still working on the painting making sure its done right!

also bought new steering wheel
and some LED rear lights from good ol' TAKAJOS :p

Modded and Jim :p

when they arrive and i fit them ill post up some more pics, oh and i got a new key and stuff for my central locking well happy with that too lol.

anyway pics up later check back
cheers guys!

As promised some pics of the bumper and its revamp process lol

DSC00393.jpg

filling in some of the gashes!

DSC00395.jpg

after being primed and first couple of coats
DSC00397.jpg

Finished im well pleased with it

DSC00400.jpg

where the main damage was all gone :D
DSC00401.jpg