• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Curtis' micra k10

What is the oil pump mod you've done? I'd like to see what BHP you're kicking out there.
You should get coilovers on there, 120mm drop!

Not sure about the oil pump mod, something to do with washers being added or taken off, i'd have to ask bob16 or dave walker about it really

bhp should be around 90-100 bhp hopefully

coilovers would be nice but at the mo, price is effecting everything i do lol

The clutch was the best money could buy, as in non uprated but good

Brand new clutch fitted in july

Clutch now needs replacing after 1 month!!!!!! haha too much power!!!!

curtis

it,s probably not worth putting in tbh.
have you got a spare engine/box to just make sure the bolts and spline on this one fits ok, then you could order a genuine kit eh

Gah not suprising really aye, your using a clutch designed to take almost half the power of what your running! untill an uprated solution is available i think that about 80bhp-90bhp is about the limit for the k10

Exhuast manifold snapped last night :( has been rust since i bought the car lol

Also my heater doesnt work anymore...more things to fix :upside:

Fixed the oil leak, was coming out of the bottom of the fuel pump, so did the nuts up tighter lol

Bodged the exhuast mani for now with a holts repair kit, they are only ment to cover small holes or cracks not hold it together lol :p

Better mani on the way hopefully also rear tinted windows :)

Hey, went on a photoshoot with a few mates, hope you like... ;-)

Excuse the dub!

DSC_0868.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

Curtis

cheers guys

Fitted the tints myself, not that hard to do, first time doing it as well lol

Also fitted a central locking kit, remote, much better :)

Did another 0-60 time on saturday...with a snapped exhaust mani and non tuned webers lol

7.6 seconds!

Will get video evidence next time :)

youd be stupid to break the car its has a very solid shell, put a standard engine back in and sell it as is

The shell is solid, therefore if i put it back to standard, - a few things like dials etc i would get something for the car

But i would get more money selling all the performance parts

But Im not sure as of yet, its such a good car to have due to the petrol prices, insurance, tax etc...

well curt if your selling that engine and carbs come straight to me because ill have them off ya! but im not incouraging you to break the car because its such a decent car! keeps up with chris' 2 litre lol

Yeh i would offer you first dips, but now as it seems only have a small leak in a pipe and the headgasket has not gone...i think ill keep it for a bit longer lol

I want to turbo it lol

Don't you dare break it!!

We're losing tonnes of K10s as it is, without losing one of the best!! :(

Cheers man!

Comments like that just make me wanna keep it forever :D

These are now the alloys im getting...

294948ea38a8c4ced.jpg

As ive gone off the speedline corse alloys

they would be mint if they were 4 stood, i hate multifit wheels, no offence intended of course, just dont like the look of them.

Thats the only thing bad with them, i totally agree with you lol but i like the RS5s i had before and them in white is just done it for me lol

Gotta say one of the best lookin k10's ive ever seen, i like the white alloys but dont ya think too much white would makeit look kinnda bland?? i would av said got for sum chunky 5 spoke black alloys :D

lol so your basically putting the same alloys i sold you on the car but white.... nutter! lol i told you to keep the rs5's. i think all will agree these looked best ;)

DSC00699.jpg

would be a dam shame to break it..... but also a shame not to sell me those carbs ;) lol nah try not to break it, its an awsome peice of work!

Some great pictures there, the dub has been excused, lol.

Like the alloys you've got on now, not sure of the one you've posted though. why don't you get the current alloys powder coated? I think it costs around £100.oo for all four.

Not breaking the car any more...:D

Complete engine rebuild and tune up coming soon :D

Im all happy again :p :D

Going to be 4 weeks tho :(

Also this is the most viewed k10 blog that isnt a 2.0 conversion lol :D

does your micra have twin air filters ?

is so does it sound any louder/better than having just the 1 ?

and does it make a difference performance wise having 2 ?

Back