• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1987 Micra K10 from Germany

aLLeKs

Club Member (Trial)
Hello Guys,
I'm Alex from Germany. I hope my English is ok.
I registered myself here, because you have nice articles about bikecarbs and so on.
Let me tell you something about me.
I'm 21 and studying Automotive on college. At my 18th birthday I got a Micra k10 HitS.
I loved it, but unfortunately I crashed it in March 2008. After that I had a Skoda Estate (I think it's the English name, in Germany it's called Forman :) ).
That car was really terrible to drive and used 10litres for 100km on the road (I can't tell you mpg).
2 month ago I saw an old Micra K10 with no number plates and I knocked the door on the house where it stood. It was for sale for only 50€. I bought it. It was really messed up.
The last months I checked the whole engine, replaced parts such as headgasket and so on. I bought the bumpers and sidskirts of an 92 Super S model and I painted the whole car red.
Also I got pretty nice 13inch alloys with 185/60 Falken tyres and the Super S steering wheel.
Future plans are:
- 35mm lowering springs
- strut braces
- front indicators of the first k10 models
- cbr600 carbs (I don't know if I can get it street legal in Germany, there's a duoble Weber carb set out which ist street legal, but it's very rare becaus of the inlet manifold)
- 4-2-1 manifold (don't know where to get one here in Germany, I think I have to build one)

If someone tells me how to add pics here, I would like to share some pictures.

greetings from Germany

micra004.jpg

micra005.jpg

micra002.jpg

micra003.jpg

micra2005.jpg

after I bought the bumpers (the sideskirts are not installed)

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

the alloys

DSC01359.jpg

and now the car with primer on it, unfortunately I have not taken photos of the finished car yet, because I broke my frontgrill and need new tyres for the alloys and the sideskirts are not installed. I want the car to be finished before I take photos

SDC10418.jpg

SDC10421.jpg

SDC10422.jpg

SDC10423.jpg

Wow..not hanging about with that project! :D

Anyone know what the brass looking pipe is on the left hand side of the photo?

micra2005.jpg

I think its for the winter/summer mode you have to choose manually on the non EGR k10s, It gets warm air from exhaust manifold back to Airpan.

no the winter/ summer switch is on the airfilter! this thing is supposed to burn the "hot used air" (sorry don't know the English word for it, in German it's "abgase") again. It's just because of the German rules about air pollution. It makes the car "greener".
(I think, not 100% sure)
You don't have such a thing at your micras? I don't know if this thing costs power. It goes straight from the manifold to the inlet!
And what does EGR mean? Cold start automatic or something like this?

its exhaust gas recirculation alex (to reduce the nox emissions i believe) :grinning:

EGR= Exhaust Gas Recirculation? Interesting, in Germany it's AGR and that's what I thought the pipe at the left is supposed to be a part of.

yep EGR and soon mine will be gone :p hopefully anyways! your engine looks better than mine already and you havent even started lol! nice work (Y)

even if I didn't want to make photos yet, I had to do some for the nissanboard.de
I want to share them with you too

SDC10439.jpg

SDC10438.jpg

SDC10437.jpg

SDC10436.jpg

SDC10435.jpg

SDC10434.jpg

SDC10433.jpg

I will leave it on, because the German cops are very strict. You have to carry a permission with you for every part which is not standard. So if I take the horn cover off, there is no Nissan logo anymore and I have to explain it to them. Probably it would be ok, but I don't want to talk to them longer than necessary :D

yeah i took my cover heres a pic:
Micra103..jpg
my horn doesnt fall off either just twist and pull to take it off if it does slip out use some string wrapped around the back to squeeze it in,

Also Alleks your car looks very clean (Y) well done!

Plans for the next weekend:
- hopefully I can put in my 35mm H&R lowering springs which I got from my first Micra
- connect my radio head unit, amp and subwoofer

does somebody know what gain of power i could expect from this: click? bekaufe i could use my normal airfilter so the police will not see the conversion

hey folks.
I just wanted to tell you that me, a friend and of course my micra are about to make a road trip from germany to scotland.
this will be the ultimate challenge to test my car ;)

is there somebody with a garden were we can put our tent? best on the way from dover to dundee.
i think it would be nice if we could find a place near birmingham or manchester for the first night.
in scotland we would like to camp, because I heard it is legal to do wild camping there.
any advice you can give me?

I just wanted to let you know I got one of the very rare tuning kits in Germany with which I can pass the mot.
The kit contains an exhaust manifold and a custom inlet manifold with double weber carbs. this kit pushes the ma10s to arround 75hp and was developed by the nissan dealer masuch back here in germany. it is very rare and i am proud to own one now :)
the total cost for it: 400€ quite expensive but when you consider the power gain and that this is the only street legal kit it's worth every cent.
next week i am going to get my head skimmed 0,3mm and new valves and valve springs and every cylinder head seal. also i will try to improve the flow in the head.

Attachments

• SDC10728.jpg
    SDC10728.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 672
  • SDC10729.jpg
    SDC10729.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 653
  • SDC10730.jpg
    SDC10730.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 674
  • SDC10733.jpg
    SDC10733.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 656
very nice alex :cool: .3mm aint a lot tho (i had 2.5mm skimmed off my ma head :eek:) and get the cam re-profiled too (Y)

If you were going to remove the engine while you work on it, why not give it a good clean and paint it while it's out?
Machen Sie die Maschine schön, wie wenn neu. (Y)

I wont take the engine out. I don't have enough space, so I just take the cylinder head off.

Gutes deutsch ;)

IT RUUUUUUUNS

but I don't have a muffler so it's undriveable... hopefully I can change it tomorrow... but I think it has become a monster :D

Is the monster micra finished yet? What does it run like with the webber carbs, and more important how does it sound? :grinning:

Yeah it's finished, but I converted it back to stock because of the winter (i can't use the power) to save some fuel.
It's really fast and it sounds like a monster, real deep even with the standard exhaust.

So what a bad day. The timing belt slipped and the valves have kissed the cylinders.... what a forbidden love.
So ordered a new engine today with less miles and for only 150€. I will take some pictures at the weekend. The whole timing belt cover has been crushed

Crushed?!! That sounds like more than just a slip. It sounds more like a violent snap. :eek:

Remember K10 owners; Always change your timing/cam belt every 60,000 miles or 5 years (which ever comes first).
If you buy a K10 and are not sure if it has had a new belt fitted recently; Replace it anyway as a precaution.

Sorry to hear about your ma10 alex, but with a new engine on the way i'm sure you'll be up and running again in no time. (Y)

The engine arrived today :D perfect present for my birthday. And I know that you always have to change the belt, that's what I did 6000miles before.
I don't find my photocamera at the moment -.-

the valves have kissed the cylinders.... what a forbidden love.
In the nicest way possible that made me laugh! :laugh:

Seriously though, I've just had a read of this thread from start to finish, I'm liking your progress, my first car was a red 1.0 K10 (Y)

Glad you have a new engine too :)

This is a very cool k10. Personally I would prefer normal black facelift bumpers, but this is still very cool and different :)

Would you be able to take some measurements for me, on your webers and manifold setup?

Iam making a new manifold and I need to know how far apart the carbs are!!

Can you measure how far apart the bolts are that bolt the carbs to the manifold. Measure from the middle of the bolts please!!

Just the inner ones will do. I will make my own linkage so it doesn't have to be 100% accurate measurement.

Thanks
Kev

I measured some things yesterday, because I want to convert to throttle bodies with injection (not 100% sure)
first the measurements are like this for a dcnf flange (probably you don't need it, but it is a nice info to get it 100% accurate)
http://www.dta-motorsport.de/PDF Dateien/TC.pdf
and the space between the inner bolts is 92mm as shown here.
SDC10749.jpg

If you need any other info, let me know. I will help you

I was on the dyno today to setup the carbs perfectly... 5hours of time spent to get 44kW on the wheel. 19.7% lower then on the engine, that means my engine has arround 53kW at the engine.
Yeah 72hp :) that is really nice.

Great result :) that's a 20hp increase. I wonder whether I can expect an extra 20hp out of my setup once its tuned. I could be looking at 110hp, my clutch will die haha

my clutch is slipping all the time and I have no money at the moment to get a new/ stronger one.
But thank you, I hope you will get all running soon.

Back