• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Curtis' micra k10

it was a standard 1.0 4 speed pre-facelift,

Then speed put a facelift 1.0 5speed engine in...

ahhh so stock you would of had 55bhp. i dunno if speed still has that ma12 head with the big ports from pauls old k10? may gain some power with that head.

nah after having these alloys on, ive had so much more response from people and i do perfer them myself ;)

Now im not saying speedle is incorrect as i haven't time a 0-60 yet, but i think 8.1 seconds is a bit hopeful really more like 9 seconds i would say, but ill get one done soon.

Also top speed isnt as good as i thought it would be, ON A PRIVATE road i have only had 105mph out of it and it wouldn't go any more, and when changing into 5th it slowed the car down.

So im thinking as its already the Daddy of acceleration! maybe thats what i should aim for!

So things to come!

MOT lol
Re-jetting the carbs.....today! :)
Cam reground
New clutch
Lightend flywheel
Paint rocker cover
Clean the engine bay

Ive also just bought a new "IN-PHASE" cd player and got some free 6x9s with it worth £100!! So the ICE will be done soon as well!

Also top speed isnt as good as i thought it would be, ON A PRIVATE road i have only had 105mph out of it and it wouldn't go any more, and when changing into 5th it slowed the car down.

best way your gonna see more top end is to stick the 1.2 lump in. pauls k10 on bike carbs saw past 100 without a fuss. but of course were never gonna go past 70 now are we ;) so i would look towards acceleration thats the fun part anyway. lightning the flywheel will definatly help the 0-60.

Probably the Quickest 1.0L k10 on the club!

Not for long tho hehe ;)

never pinked on me ;)

as for top end 105? are you sure! the speedo isnt accurate about 90 anyway so the only true way to messure the speed is GPS and i had it to 119mph. and it certainly shouldnt slow down in 5th it never did to me :p unless it was up a steep incline.

Don't forget if your counting time, start from 0! Most people go 1..... 2..... 3. etc, which works out one second too fast

I found 3rd and 4th gears on the short ratio box were the most responsive, and 5th didn't do much too. Obviously my engine spec is different to yours, but the gearbox will still work the same way.

ok well got back from the garage today!

MOT = Pass! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH :p lol

Carbs have been rejetted and respond better now.

Bloke who did it said it took quite abit to get it down for emissions! lol

He was saying that a MA12 head and cam would make it go so much better!

Im thinking about getting ED to do the cam and maybe get a MA12 head and find someone to do the whole lot....

Im so Happy right now, Fast show tomorrow, but i have no money!! :(

ive got a big port MA12 head mate which is from the ma12 ecc by far the best one for the car, as for the ma12 cam the ma10 one is much better as is. however re-profile the cam on this ma12 head and you'll be laughing mate! :)

if your interetsed send me a text or give us a call and we can sort something out :)

yes might need that now m8, will have to wait till i get paid!

UPDATE:

After coming back from the Fast Show 2008 at santa pod.

Weekend was great, a really good show.

Took my micra on the track!

Against a 105bhp mg zr!

Kick its ass off the start line with a .27 reaction time
He was catching me up, but i won the race! :p
18.5 seconds
70mph terminal speed!

WOOOOP!

Video and pics to come soon as my computer stops ####### up!

yeh its my friends mg, but he was sat spinning at the line for a bit, same with me really but top end i won!

Nice one

Fantastic stuff Curtis mate!!

It was great to meet up with you face to face at the Fast Show!!

Great result on your time slip!! (mine wasnt so cool....crap infact! HAHA but I wont' polute your thread with that)

It will be great to see what the 1.2 head & cams gives you in addition to current mod state....keep us posted mate and well done again!!!

good stuff mate fitting that big port head will be a good mod and if you want to go further a reprofiled cam, however i would have the head skimmed to keep the compression ratio

Quite pleased with the car the other night, took it onto the private road again, but this time without the satnav!

Took my mate in his SRi nova, capable of 135mph, and i was keeping up with him, even at 125mph!
He was quite impressed really! still his speedo could be out also! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bis5771T5A0

Theres a video of My first ever race on a track!!!!

nah think i made the right choice about the alloys, but thinking about changing them again soon!

hummmm White alloys ;)

Future plans!

Ok just so you all know where im going with the car:

Engine:

new fuel filter
oil change + filter
new dissy cap
new rotor arm
cam belt and water pump change
new coil
new spark plugs
new throttle cable (re positioned)
Webers serviced and gaskets replaced.
MA12 high flow head and values
Re-profiled cam....really aggressive.
Carbs tuned
Clutch change

Rolling road!!

Bodywork and interior

Properly secure side skirts
Sort out exhaust tapping against bumper
Get bumper strip glue stuff off
Rust at bottom of windscreen repair
Blue LEDs in dials and heater control.
under dash neons-blue
Central locking kit
Bootbuild!
New CD player

Thats just a few things that are going to happen before JAE hopefully!

The engine mods might not be done by then, but eveything else will be!! :)

sounds like you got a lot of work there mate, have a word with superls about the boot build, he did a realy good job on mine

just so you know mate the coil fitted was brand new and i mean unused i got it from ebay about a month before i sold you the car, and its a offcial nissan part so doesnt get any better. the dissy cap and rotor arm were also new as were the spark plugs so your wasting your money replacing them ;) the weber gaskets were also brand new so again not worth replacing. is there any reason you think this stuff needs replacing?

not really, i just like to do all this sort of stuff on the car when i buy one as i then know its all been done.

You have PM speedle...

ah well save yourself some cash then mate s almost all the engine parts were replaced for new or re-con ones ;) and no the fuel gauge is not broken, i never let it get below 1/4 i certainly wouldnt recommend running it down to E ;)

yep i have, just that spares wouldnt go a miss as it basically impossible to find the 36 DCNF carb anymore. And if you do the go for around £300 each!

make sure you get a match pair though, getting two that arent a match pair to work together can be very very very hard!

Back