• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Capn's micra

capnmchl

Ex. Club Member
Yeah, I decided I'd take some (bad) photo's and do a blog.

Nissan Micra Passion! 998cc's of fury!

So Far:
Super S clocks with rev counter
Laguna Splitter
Blue clock LED's
Red LED's in heater vent controls
CD player, with front speakers, and rear 6x9's.
Super S Spoiler
Clear side repeaters
Primera steering wheel

To do:
Super S front Bumper
Lower (Insurance dependant)

And now, for pictures.

When I first got my baby:
Micrasideprofilewithwheeltrims.jpg

And the first thing that happened was to get rid of those awful wheel trims:
Micrasideprofilewithoutwheeltrims.jpg

Awesome!

I then put in some super S clocks, but I don't have a picture for that, so cut foward 2 months, and we have:
Splitter1.jpg

Mr Laguna Splitter

Then, I got some blue LED's for my clocks:
BlueDashlights.jpg

And put LED's in my middle heater vent controls, because I kept loosing them in the dark:
Heaterventcontrols1.jpg

HeaterVentcontrols2.jpg

I nearly have the open mouth grill done, and then bumper and spoiler just need sanding and painting.

Cheers joe.

Richie, they were from ultra LED's, but I dunno the product code. They're the same ones modded has, with 3 little but uber bright LED's.

Haven't found out yet. Should do. Although I can't see those cup holders holding anything larger then a red bull can.

you finally made a blog capnmchl, your cars looking pretty sweet mate, thinking about stealing your idea on the heater control leds lol

Haha, cheers man.

Dunno how easy they are to get to in the facelift though. I haven't put them in my far right and far left ones, because I can't see how to get to them without taking the dashboard apart :(

i may need to rewire my car first though as i've got tons of wires all over the place lol. :wow: i want those pop-out windows anyone got any? and know how hard it would be to fit them?

Haha, same. It's becoming impossible to put my head unit back in when I take it out. More wires everytime!

I dunno about the windows mate. I figure it'd be quite easy. You'd need the windows, the hinges, the lever mech thing, and the seal/weatherstrip. But maybe someone else can give some insight.

I considered it, then looking at other peoples, noticed it sorta looked odd. So I'll leave it me thinks.

Black is the best colour for them ;)

Long time since anythings happened, so some small bits:

Primerasteeringwheel.jpg

Finally got a Primera steering wheel in. Much nicer then my stock one, which you could twist round and made of a horrible material.

Also got rid of the stupid old people door reflector things:
Nobiddydoorprotectors.jpg

And when I have some more money to be able to spend on spray paint, I shall finish my super S bumper, and wire all that in :D

Sort of. Getting it in is easy, getting the airbag module in was the hard part.

If you don't know, the micra has the airbag, and then some sort of electronic module bolted to the steering wheel, which also works as a medium for the horn to go through. The primera just has the airbag, the module is elsewhere. But as all the steering wheel frames are the same, they put a blanking plate over the holes in the primera steering wheel. Now, they bolted this on with screws, which they locktited in, and have screwheads made of butter.

So if you want an airbag that works, you have to find a way to get these screws out. I got 3 of mine out normally, but there was a 4th, which just sort of, melted when I tried to unscrew it. Managed to snap the blanking plate off around it, and blasted the head off with a chissle. So the airbag module is held in with 3 screws.

Also, you might wanna swap the left hand horn contact other because the primera and micra ones use different contacts, and the horn goes through the module thing on the micra.

Sort of. Getting it in is easy, getting the airbag module in was the hard part.

If you don't know, the micra has the airbag, and then some sort of electronic module bolted to the steering wheel, which also works as a medium for the horn to go through. The primera just has the airbag, the module is elsewhere. But as all the steering wheel frames are the same, they put a blanking plate over the holes in the primera steering wheel. Now, they bolted this on with screws, which they locktited in, and have screwheads made of butter.

So if you want an airbag that works, you have to find a way to get these screws out. I got 3 of mine out normally, but there was a 4th, which just sort of, melted when I tried to unscrew it. Managed to snap the blanking plate off around it, and blasted the head off with a chissle. So the airbag module is held in with 3 screws.

Also, you might wanna swap the left hand horn contact other because the primera and micra ones use different contacts, and the horn goes through the module thing on the micra.

Thanks for that I've got a primera GT pugged up I'm going to rob the wheel & try the seats if they are not too heavy...

Back