• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Robs micra!

should i post this here? probably not but its a good a place as as any other

Right after some casual lurking i thought it time to get all the pics of the car upto how it is now!

some you have probably seen when i intro'd myself but hey why not stick them all together because everyone loves pics!!

As i bought it a few months ago looking all standard and turdy!

out with the headlights, indicator reflector in the bin and a lick of blaaaaaaaack paint!

Grill painted blaaaaack with all the trim treated to a lick of paint aswell makes the front end look at least 112% better

obligatory induction kit!

pulsar gtir short shifter from E**y, bit of a pain to fettle as if its done up too tight then its really hard to shift and the standard threaded bolt holes need to be opened out along with the heat shield going in the bin!

china blue paint left over so a quick spray over the centre console

on with some 35mm lows, fitted using lorry straps as ghetto spring compressors, 35mm seems enough considering the craters in the road round here and its transformed the handling

Well the crappy black roof was getting on my t**s so £30 from Ireland and this arrived!!

and this is how it looks fitted! not bad for a first attempt and a couple of idiots!

tinted lights and a cheeky back end shot!

window stickers!

painted the tow eye red and fitted the wind deflectors, quick wash and polish of the s***ty paint work

fitted some FLI shelf speakers, and a sub in the boot wired to a switch on the heater controls, painted a few other odds and ends but iv probably forgot* (read cant be arsed*) to take some pics

cheers guys, yea not bad for £400 odd quid and being the 1.4 it goes alright, just the bodywork lets it down, the woman who owned it before must have been blind! all four corners of the bumpers are scuffed pretty bad and both sides are peppered with dings not to mention the passenger door is badly painted but hey! its rot free so i cant complain

take the metal clips off from around the light first, make sure all the bulbs and headlight adjuster motor are all removed, then bake it in the oven for 10 mins on about 90-100 or until golden and crispy on top, take a large tipped flat head screw driver and gently prise the glass off the top. Hey presto!!! just be sure to warm the unit up again once you've put it back together and put the metal clips on to ensure it seals properly or water will get in ;)

Heyaa :) looking really good! Love how the camo really contrasts with with the gorgeous blue :) how does the short shifter treat you? Clodo x

nothing major, more of an update

took all four springs down off the first coil and took a bit more arch gap out
and painted some s**t in the engine (cam cover and intake pipe)

oh and fitted a D1 spec grounding kit as the original earths were a bit past it and im a sucker for blingy crap, on the plus side the car starts a little easier and the voltage sits at 0.2v higher so there must be somthing in it

Nice car man, the front end looks far better than stock! Was the light mod easy enough? Does the orange indicator lens just pull out?

Back