• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

oli's white micra

i thought it was about time i started a blog, for my white 1.0l. i have had the car for nearly a year, and a loving it. i've done a lot to it, even though it looks fairly standard, i've started a few external mods.

i got the car for christmas last year, to learn in

Image285.jpg

thats what it was like when i first got it, on christmas day. a few little marks and dinks, but generally a tidy car. first thing to do was get the L plates on. lol.
the wheels were a bit messy, and mismatched in colour, so i painted them all black, which smartened the car up, i also got some fog lights for the front. i wired these up using a standard micra fog switch inside, in place of a blanking plate, to keep it tidy.

Image538.jpg

i started with a few standard upgrade mods, as the car was a base model. i swapped the wing mirrors to ones that had adjustment toggles on the inside. i changed the sun visors for ones with mirrors on them. i changed the gear stick surround for one with a plastic base, as the one in it made the pole look massive. got some car mats, as the ones that were in it were messy. i replaced the cassete player for a kenwood headunit, put some kenwood 6x9's in the parcel shelf, and changed stock speakers for some jvc's. sounded pretty good.
i came across a spoiler at the scrappers, and had to have it. tiger sealed it on. i painted it satin black, as i thought a colour match with a 14 year old car might be difficult.

oldspoiler1.jpg

next find at te scrapyard, was a nice slx, with all the goodies. i had the clocks out of it, with a rev counter, and also decided to take the electric windows. i put the dials in, although they werent a straigt away plug and play job. i had to work out where the input forthe rev signal was, then splice into the dizzy, and feed up a wire to get the signal to the clocks. they worked flawlessly, and first time. next job was the electric windows. everything fitted in, although, i had to cut the door cards, to allow the longer arm rests to fit, though they cover the hole, so you cant see it. next was working out the wiring. i did this with 9v battery, until i found the right combination. they work like a dream, great mod.

Pic150.jpg

Pic151.jpg

i was getting tired of manually opening both doors with they key, so purchased a remote central locking kit. fiddly to fit, but well worth it! great range too. i'd never have a car now without it.

Pic154.jpg

got the car through an mot! only failed on one tyre, and headlight beam alignement, no worries.

next, i upgraded my headunit to a sony xplod one, that was ipod compatible £280, but it is fantastic. also, got myself a fli sub, and some sony xplod 6x9's to. i had some after market tweeters, which i has on the windscreen pillars, sounded great, but looked ugly. was overjoyed when i found some factory ones at the scrappers. it sounds really really good.

Pic146.jpg

Pic153.jpg

another day, and a new car down the scrappers. a march!!!!! had a few little bits of it, but best of all were the seats. the rears were really dirty, so i just had the front ones, but are grey like my reas, so matched pretty well. really really comfy, more adjustable, and a handy tray under them too.

Pic149.jpg

next was a rear wiper, mine was a really basic model, and came without one. i managed to find a facelift motor, so had the horizontal position. used a corsa wiper arm, as the donor micra one was damaged. and a switch out of a k10, which fits in the dash surround. i made a template to mark and cut out the hole, and got all the correct grommits for the hole, and to conceal the wire, from the donor car. i think i did i good job of it, and it looks neat. i bench tested it with a 9v battery to work out the wiring.

Holeymicra.jpg

the scary bit!

Pic152.jpg

Pic147.jpg

next was to change the spoiler, i managed to get hold of a super s one. again, i painted it satin black, but did a beter job than the other one.

newspoilerbeingsanded.jpg

newspoilerprep1.jpg

newspoilerprimed.jpg

newspoilerpainted.jpg

oldspoileroff.jpg

sssonthecar.jpg

well happy with that.

one day, in the wet, it understeered like a pig, and went into a tree. gutted. luckily it was only slow, but it damaged the bumper, rippled a wing, and smashed my foglights, and a headlight.
to my luck, there was a really tidy whitemicra down the scrappers, so had both wings, one was dented on my car when i got it. so i replaced them both. i also had the front bumper. my micra looked so much smarter with te damage repaired. only cost me £40!

Pic088.jpg

just a pic of her in bits in my garage! bit scary, but pretty fun to do, though i dont recomend crashing into trees. the fog lights came off, and i didnt bother with any more.

oh, got some popouts for the rear...

Pic148.jpg

bit of hasstle to fit, but worth it.

with the exterior looking better, i though it would be time to get some alloys, so i had squarepants dynamic motorsports off him. they are in fairly good condition, but i want to get them shot blasted, and powder coated.

Pic144.jpg

Pic145.jpg

there it is as it stands now. i think i've included most of the work i've done to it. mechanical wise, its dooing ok. had to replace the alternator, and gas struts. given it a service, and wax oil too. seems to be okay.

i want to lower it, thats the main thing on my list. i think it'll get done in the next month or two. any suggestions fr any other mods would be good.
let me know what you think.

Looks good mate (Y) A lot of people forget about what you can get from better models and just go bolting a load of stuff on instead of upgrading stuff first!
I recon a splitter ould look good on that ;)

looking good come in on nicely

i recommend painting front lights black along with some black eye brows :D

i am tempted by the front light mod, it does look good, any advice would be useful on that one. what splitter would be best to use?

just stick the lights in the oven for a couple of minutes then they will seperate. Laguna, megane or espace splitters fit.

cheers rob.
guess what i've just got......
dash tray/cup holder!!!!!!
will get pics up soon, just been really busy atm
will also get dizzy pics too.

a dash tray?
i've been after one for ages, i would say solarice is yor man......
i got mine off him, i'm not sure if he can get more.pm him.
it is really really useful, i keep buying a can of coke every time i drive. lol. now i have somwhere to put it.:grinning:

with one of these beauts, it need never happen again!
think i may have secured myself some lowering springs.
i'll keep it updated, but could be collecting them next weekend.

its getting lowered next, and fairly soon, gonna re do my alloys, the finish on them isnt great atm. gonna shot blast and powder coat.
think it needs a new battery soon too, gutted. lol.
i fancy doin the tinted healight mod, and getting a splitter too. those two are cheap, so will do them soonish i reckon.
gonna delock passenger side door, as it has had an attempted break in before, so that would smarten it up. also, on the look out for a facelift rear wiper arm. hint hint.

i have a modified motor so it sits down on the window and i think i might have a arm aswell need to check when im home on friday and let you know

picked up some lowering springs yesterday, so hopefully they'll get fitted in the next week or so. cant wait. also found out that my dash try holds large , mcdonalds drinks. well happy. lol.

^ lucky... lol ive got to hold mine in between my legs..same only the marchs and 2001+ k11's came with cup holders :(

hope your happy with the lowering springs, you got a bargin :)

yea, i keep buying drinks every time i'm out now!
yea, i'm gonna wire brush them, n paint them this week, and hopefully get them fitted too. i've got a friend with a spring compressor, so should be okay. is it a hard thing to do? or easy peasy?
i think i'm gona try n aquire some new lights soon, n do the mod to them. gonna try n keep these original n jus get some more form the scrappers.

rear springs just slide in, you dont need a compressor for them...

altough the fronts are a diffrent story altogether...and you need an impact gun to remove the top nuts to get the spring out. you can do it with a abit of elow grease but i find it just spins lol.

yea, i thought the rears were easy, gonna clean the springs up this week if i get time, then put them in next week, cheers for the advice......
i'll let everyone know as soon as ive done them

she's been lowered! at last. looks much better, will get some pics up soon when i get abit of sunshine. handles loads better too, the bodyroll has gone, and it doesnt dip under braking either.

i'll post a pic of that soon, saturday, as well as my lowering springs. it really is easy. get another plug from the scrappers, then you can ake one of the pins out, and solder the wire on from the dizzy, more professional fit then

lowered how much .. looks as if it cold be alot lower... lookin good but keep up the good work .... do ya want smoked rear lights lol

it has settled down a bit, that was when it was first done
only 35mm, just a spring job, dont wanna spend loads on dampers etc, handles loads better. was sort of thinking bout the lights. if someone couild do a decent photoshop job for me, dont want anything too dark
dunno what to do next. my mates keep crashing, and it puts me off doiun stuff to my car, as wheni see my mates in pieces, i think is it really worth it?

well have you got bebo? my smoked rear lights are on there..tashmeed... is my name on it lol they are the real ones not the painted ones lol crashing is an experience.. i aint done it YET dont wanna either.. it is worth it cause it means you modded a car and got what you wanted out of it we dont all drive like nutters well i dont (all the time... flat out is my nickname lol )

i nearly got super s bumpers a few weeks ago, but it never happened, i quite like the black and white look, might de bumpstrip.
i've only been in a couple of slow ones, bout 30, but it scares you so much.
i've slid off the road before. lol.
yea, thats true, i drive like a grandma now!

well i have spun out many of times.
went into a garden at the bottom of my mums street and drove off lol no damage to the car so i am happy lol.
i drive nice now dont have the money to keep fuelling the beast up.
speak to kristian about kits he does some good stuff good prices too .

Back