• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Igloo's Micra

Igloo

Ex. Club Member
Righty, First things first, This is a work in progress that wont get finished i don't think.

First things first, I fitted myself some blue led's in the dash :)

DSC00868.JPG

Secondly i added a new head unit (no pics atm :p)

I then drove this for around 6 months...

Then i bought these :)

DSC00246.JPG

DSC00247.JPG

DSC00248.JPG

DSC00249.JPG

DSC00250.JPG

DSC00251.JPG

JBL GT4-12 12" 1000Watt Peak sub,
JBL GT6507C Components and tweeters,
JBL GTO75.4 4 channel 520watt amp.

And then came the wiring :)

I like my cars to be neat...

So it took me 4 hours to run the live power to the battery.... That's without fitting the fuse and clips to it :glance:

I've run the speaker cable's and now just need to wire them in, and then prepare to make the boot install :D

(By god this sub is... Hooge!!!)

This car will be going as soon as i can afford a focus, So im just playing with it now :devil:

Let me know what you think ;)

I don't think so, I need to run two sets of RCA leads, from the HU to the amp.

But it's fuzzy, if i turn it down you can hear it buzzing.

If i use the front channels it's appaulingly bad :(

I'm not sure what i can do :'(

I don't think so, I need to run two sets of RCA leads, from the HU to the amp.

But it's fuzzy, if i turn it down you can hear it buzzing.

If i use the front channels it's appaulingly bad :(

I'm not sure what i can do :'(

i may be wrong but

what i meant regarding the splitters where that some amps that are four channel require two inputs from an RCA signal to run front and rear channels!!! i think!!!

as in at the moment you either get sound out of front or rear...not both...reason is there is no other signal to the other channel...i believe!!!

its either an earth problem...or sometimes fuzzyness is to do with positive and negative being wrong way round!!!

other than that...will have to wait on other members lol...sorry

Hehe, Let me clear this up :)

I have one speaker im using for testing atm.

I have plugged in the RCA RIGHT hand connection into the Head Unit.

I have then used this to test the various channels on the amp. So there is only one connection at a time (it makes no difference if two are connected).

I have tried various earths. I'm not sure where else to put it :S

I've tried: Boot handle, Various bolts, Holding against scraped away paint.

All seem to buzz :(

Update:

It's not noise.

Well, it is.

But it's amp noise, due to how it works. We've checked everything and it's because it is pumping out it's full ampage all the time.

If i am right then i'll want to change the amp to one that alters it's output level based on the input level from the HU.

Recommendations, go go go :)

Actually, I can live with it :)

Just taken it for a drive, it's VERY bassy. But i can live with the hissing (don't notice it even if there is no music playing but hu / amp is on).

Next, To turn down the bass a "bit" :p

I have the same problem with my 2x 12" fusion subs,when the bass level is 0 and the volume set to 2 or 3 you can hear an interferance coming from the subs,i've yet to find out whats causing it.I've earthed mine where the boot lid shuts and havent had any real issues with it yet.

Back