Brighton Marina - 26th April 2008

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Well now that the weather is starting to get a little nicer, I think it's time us southern lot got together. Was thinking Brighton marina would be a good place to meet. It has been a venue for the MSC since 2004 (I think) so it'll be rude to break the tradition.

I have found an old thread which shows how much fun we had last time:
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=8303&page=3&highlight=Brighton+marina

To give you All plenty of time I was planning for the 26 April.

Was thinking of arranging the Usual, meet up for around Mid-Day, have a game of bowling for around 1 (for the late stragglers). then meet up around the cars afterwards, talk planes, trains, automobiles, maybe grab a pizza, mcdonalds, whatever.

Hows this sounding to everyone??

Taken from Brighton Meet 2006

Postcode of the bowling alley for you to use on google maps or wherever is BN2 5UT. I believe you just follow the brown signs to brighton marina. I didnt know where i was going last time and still managed to find it ok.

Link to google map - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=+BN2+5UT&om=1&ll=50.812308,-0.104434&spn=0.005952,0.021629

can we make it the 30th of march?

cos on the 26th i am in cornwal and on the 30th i will actually be in brighton anyway ;)

30th March sounds good. Few days after my b/day so not too late to get me a present :p

Nice idea, hope everyone enjoys it :)

Nocandooooo for me, that's basically when I'll be commiting suicide over my dissertation deadline ;)

26 April Decided Peeps :D

Now Just need numbers, please only put down a yes if you actually intend to turn up :D

Ollie
Ems
Arnold
Sparkie
James (even though he hasn't said yes, he'll be there!)

Lets try get Nex down, and there's a few people on here in the south who are pretty quiet. Need to get these people there too!

I will be selling my super s on april 1st, and no its not april fools, thats when the insurance runs out.... so if im allowed to show up on 2 wheels then im in!

Ollie
Ems
Arnold
Sparkie
Courior (On 2 wheels if allowed)

well u can count me in i will be free once again buy the time it comes up just remind me of this show nearer thetime i have a poor memory

I'm in (Y)

Ollie
Ems
Arnold
Sparkie
Scopez
robbluek10
moddedmicra

Woo, put me down for that! Final hand-in date for my dissertation is April 24th, so hopefully I can relax a bit and celebrate on the Sunday :)

Ollie
Ems
Arnold
Sparkie
Scopez
robbluek10
moddedmicra
Retepetsir (Pete)

Superb, good effort guys!!

Will sort out booking bowling closer to the date, everyone up for a bit of bowling?

It's worth it just to watch James!!

Don't worry, I'm the don at bowling, well on the Wii anyway, in reality I suck!!!

Arnold is our resident big shot bowler!!!

my GF will be in brighton so i will probably be down there anyway ;) but put my name down, i will come in a micra of some sorts :D my GF will come too as i will get her to come as a birthday pressy ;) (my birthday being on the 24th)

After NeX recommending it, I might be up for it - money providing that is! :grinning:
I guarantee mine will be the most standard there! Her bubbles are coming off tomorrow.....

excuess me 4 being dumb but where abouts at the marina so i can sat nav it at the time
cheers
tim

i am sure someone can post it up. but really its very easy. type brighton into your stat nav, then when you get to brighton you will see this big multistory car park right in front of you :D just drive straight onto it :D we normally meet on the roof. tho if you are like me you will miss the turning drive all the way up from the bottom lol.

this should be a good meet :D spread the word people, cos the most we have ever had is 10 cars, and already it looks like we will beat it :D

lets see if we can make it 20 cars this time ;) tell everyone in the south :D

Woo, put me down for that! Final hand-in date for my dissertation is April 24th, so hopefully I can relax a bit and celebrate on the Sunday :)

Ollie
Ems
Arnold
Sparkie
Scopez
robbluek10
moddedmicra
Retepetsir (Pete)

Pete, you'll barely be recovering from the mother of all hangovers and catching up on the sleep that you've missed the previous week!

P.S. I will be there, but maybe not in a micra if taht's OK?
Craig

Sorry guys, but I won't be making it to this one :(
My parents are going on hols Monday 21st til the following Monday, and I've been asked to look after my grandad that week.
typical, the first thing I'd been enthusiastic for all year so far and I cant make it :(

Aww shame. Just make sure you tell them that JAE is a no discussion topic and you WILL be going to that!!! It's in August just in case lol!!! Book it off now!!

oh i see well maybe you guys can teach me some things as i still need the side up or in the gutter every time lol

We'll teach you how to put the barriers up!!!! :p

Just realised my Center Parcs break is Monday-Friday (21st-25th April) so I may be able to make it depending on (a) how tired I am and (b) how much money I have after my holiday!

ok thanks ems will need all the help i can get lol and i am ok to turn up in my micra even if it looks like it should be scrapped as not sure will have it all finished for this meet lol

Just realised my Center Parcs break is Monday-Friday (21st-25th April) so I may be able to make it depending on (a) how tired I am and (b) how much money I have after my holiday!

You're coming James, even if you're my co-pilot (u bring sat nav and fall asleep)

Pete, you'll barely be recovering from the mother of all hangovers and catching up on the sleep that you've missed the previous week!

P.S. I will be there, but maybe not in a micra if taht's OK?
Craig

I know I know, and then I have exams to come!

But it'll be worth it to see everyone again :blush:

I should be in the SR :)

Back