do i break it or do i take it on as a project

• break it ! try make the money back

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • keep it as a project, you know you wanna

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

microkurt

Ex. Club Member
as im jobless and have rather high insurance at the moment, tax and mot this month. im considering breaking the car. i mean everything !

OR

do i declare it sorn and just slowly repair it and upgrade it ? and just get a pedal bike in the mean time

if i break it i wanna make back what i bought it for plus a lil extra, i doubt that would happen tho

as im jobless and have rather high insurance at the moment, tax and mot this month. im considering breaking the car. i mean everything !

OR

do i declare it sorn and just slowly repair it and upgrade it ? and just get a pedal bike in the mean time

if i break it i wanna make back what i bought it for plus a lil extra, i doubt that would happen tho

if i was you i would sorn it and modify it later you will get job soon. if you do decide to break it ill have the front bumper plz. lol

Nothing kills a car faster than leaving it standing, If you recon you'll be back up un yer feet in a few months then sorn it, afterall it's not going to cost anything. Get on yer bike and slowly get modding.

If you think it might be static for a longer term then share the love and move it on whole if yer can. Seems to be a lot of love for SR spec on here. Though you have some time on yer hands so breaking might be a better option as you have the time to remove and mail parts which might give you a steady flow of pound notes for a while and might even exceed in total the ammount you'd get for the whole car. If you can be arsed with the time you'd have to put into stripping parts.

Breaking it wont bring in the ££££££££££££ once the bumpers and spoiler are gone what your left with is a bog standard micra, granted there is a few other parts you could sell like clocks, electric windows ect, But check out the sell section people want stuff for next to nothing. If your serious about selling put it on ebay with a reserve, as for sorn its a 12 month thing dvla will send you a letter after first 12 months asking if its still sorn.

oh right lol we dont have to fill any forms in saying were leaving our car off the road, learn something new everyday (Y)

oh right lol we dont have to fill any forms in saying were leaving our car off the road, learn something new everyday (Y)

Lucky! Its fairly simple, takes about 2 mins online. Just another way for them to extract money from you if you don't though :glare:

can someone explain to me what s.o.r.n stands for? im baffled lol

SORN = Statutory Off Road Notification

Means you don't need road tax, as long as the car's off the road.

I guess you don't have it in Ireland..

Ha, waaaaay, to slow!

If you've got somewhere to keep it and work on it in your own time, I'd certainly keep it. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury which means I'll be forced to part with my old K10 when the insurance etc. runs out :(

BG

kurt keep it mate please and if you need a hand with anything you can get me on here or msn mate im happy to help out with things

well i intend on buying a mig welder to weld in some new metal to the sills etc...

maybe try to re-wire the car and build a roll cage and a full respray and replace as much as the suspension components as i can... also get rid of the smooth boot that aint so smooth since i but a big dent in it cause it wouldnt open

also try and straighten the front a lil bit more cause it pulls to the left and bonnet dont line up on the front cause it was previously crashed which was revelaed on this site

Back