Best induction placement???

:D
If i had real money i would make induction and exhaust bypass pipes and butterfly valves for noise and no noise settings lol
sometimes I really like the noise from exhaust and induction but at other times I just wanna cruise and listen to the radio without the car making to much noise. Think most people in the appartment complex here would cheer that on ;)

Nice do you have a picture somewhere of your setup?
At the moment i am not sure what i am going to do i saw an corrolla being broken on dutch second hand forums with the good inletmanifold so sent an e-mail for it hoping it is still available and make something with that.
Else i will probably use the GA16 box i bought last week. To much lagg when driving off now with the 73mm pipe and cone filter.

Mine is quiet when to be revs are stable, only braaapppps when I rev it

Am I the only one who turns down their radio, opens the window before junctions?

Tunnels for the win but don't have those a lot in my area and none in the places I regularly drive
Junctions and rouindabouts on the other hand there are enough :D:D so would get cold pretty fast as it would be better to keep the window down :p

I go through the Tyne tunnel loads but it's camera'd all the way through and it's a 30/40

:( a lancer flew past me the otherday, ****ing turbo whistle set off my tinitus!

Nice do you have a picture somewhere of your setup?
At the moment i am not sure what i am going to do i saw an corrolla being broken on dutch second hand forums with the good inletmanifold so sent an e-mail for it hoping it is still available and make something with that.
Else i will probably use the GA16 box i bought last week. To much lagg when driving off now with the 73mm pipe and cone filter.
this is what it sounded like in the cabin :D no filter etc (near the top of this thread
http://www.micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=65695)

it was the red car eh :)

P1190399.JPG
P1190400.JPG

Got 0.6hp more with this set up than a GA16 airbox with brand new pipercross panel...it's a 106 rallye airbox with K&N panel filter...
e6yrypaq.jpg

#becauseracecar

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390427313.058499.jpg

Changed it for 60mm drainpipe from B&Q haha

Works a treat, regapped my plugs to about 2mm, need to adjust the timing tommorrow.

Ga15 TB on route and ga16 injectors in garage ready to go in next weekend. Then once it's all set up I'm
Off to the dyno for a power run!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391716693.593940.jpg

atany7az.jpg

@frank

Took some inspiration from your incredible exhaust design. Basically smoothed the airflow going into the TB by creating a smooth incline with duct tape. Straightened the intake pipe too so that it's near enough 100% straight from the elbow to the TB.

Seems daft I know but a big ridge smack bang in the middle of the airbox will IMO create turbulence and drag. Which is why IMO the mound around the mesh is there, to smooth the flow entering the TB.

Also it has been proven a few times that the mesh/gauze does increase flow. Ipsofacto smoother flow is good.

View attachment 28307
atany7az.jpg

@frank

Took some inspiration from your incredible exhaust design. Basically smoothed the airflow going into the TB by creating a smooth incline with duct tape. Straightened the intake pipe too so that it's near enough 100% straight from the elbow to the TB.

Seems daft I know but a big ridge smack bang in the middle of the airbox will IMO create turbulence and drag. Which is why IMO the mound around the mesh is there, to smooth the flow entering the TB.

Also it has been proven a few times that the mesh/gauze does increase flow. Ipsofacto smoother flow is good.
You want to trumpet the intake hole into the box from the pipe, you'll be getting eddies at the intake hole edge where it's so sharp

Ooo!! Good point. I've got an inlet trumpet somewhere, should would in the opposite direction if I can make sure I seal the edges

Also I properly tested the tape thing before when I popped out for supplies, power seems to be much smoother now. Been ironing out these flat spots step by step by manipulated this induction.

Will do. I'd love it if you or someone else tried my design too.

I think your design is good, don't get me wrong but I prefer the grunt to be higher up. Your cAF is small and as you've said that speeds up the airflow.

Whereas mine has higher capacity and shorter overall length. So id love to see if there's any difference. And more importantly where in the revs.

I'm going GA and am not gunna bother tuning it cos GA's suck for NA tuning :) So won't mess with the airbox. If I was I'd probably start from scratch (and therefore maybe go throttle bodies)
(mt cai isn't going on this 1.3 OR tge 1.6)

What's going on instead then?

Think you'll have space for turbo/supercharger/ST?
I reckon I have space for a SC eventually. But its not worth the effort performing NA mods without a 4 branch (which I'm not fitting), and not if am boosting :)

Back