induction kit

i got a micra k11 with a k&n panel filter. ive unplugged the cold air feed as its rubbish but i want something better. now, i know k&n do a proper induction kit for the micra but it only has a pipe that directs cold air at it, hardly brilliant. i see some of the members here have got plumbing pipes and made tubes with elbows and jubilee clips to make a pipe that leads to where the old res pipe started with a universial k&n cone on the end.
I would like this but have no idea what I need!!

thanks

PS it will be declared on insurance

I use a 68mm 87 degree bend plastic drainpipe connector with a length of 68mm plastic drainpipe both from B&Q, coupled to a filter off Ebay, the whole thing only cost me about £15 if I remember right.

march 010.jpg

march 011.jpg

It's not the prettiest induction kit in the world, but it does the job, there is definately an improvement in power at higher revs.

haha what you've done isnt far from the one i remember seeing on this forum. does the 68mm bend fit perfectly onto the throttle body? is the filter k&n or does it REALLY matter??
also does it sound as good ascone ontop of the TB??
im thinking of what youve done but with another bend to take the filter where the res started. thanks for the quick reply:)

the tb is 70mm so you have to sand the inside of the bend out a bit, I put the end that fits on the tb in boiling water for a while to make it more flexible so it would push on, the sound from mine is pretty good, I dont know what make the filter is though, it was a cheap one off ebay, I think it would be better to have a filter that has a proven record.

Back