Best induction placement???

Anything over about 50mph and you'll start getting a measurable increase in pressure, I read an artical on t'interwebs saying 112 was where the difference became apparent on a side by side (with motorbikes). Depends on ibtake size etc though. Need to get a pressure gauge on the air box...

Anything over about 50mph and you'll start getting a measurable increase in pressure, I read an artical on t'interwebs saying 112 was where the difference became apparent on a side by side (with motorbikes). Depends on ibtake size etc though. Need to get a pressure gauge on the air box...

Whats an airbox?! :confused::)

I could stick my intake trumpets out of the bonnet scoop instead!

1385398340144.jpg

Exactly.... have em poking out the front bumper why not eh :p

lol why not!

I wonder if having more air directed at the inlet would help raise the dashpot slide up? @Frank & help get rid of the lag of the slides opening / as well as trying a softer spring.

Every little helps until ITB's make an appearance

lol why not!

I wonder if having more air directed at the inlet would help raise the dashpot slide up? @Frank & help get rid of the lag of the slides opening / as well as trying a softer spring.

Every little helps until ITB's make an appearance
Oh we're getting serious now :p
Well it can only help to have flowing into them directly rather than them trying to pull air from the established air stream ?

You could put thinner oil in the dashpots, but it gets a bit... fluttery? best way I can think to describe it. Assuming you have dashpot oil :oops:

Oh we're getting serious now :p
Well it can only help to have flowing into them directly rather than them trying to pull air from the established air stream ?

Thats just it sucking air from the back of the bulk head (above a hot exhaust & Block), id imagine there's better ways of doing it :)

I've raised the rear of my bonnet to draw air through the front of the car (also lowers under bonnets temps) and I've routed my inlet inline with that air flow :)

Any changes to this? Got a air feed tube and fittings to go on for cold air. Thinking left of radiator under n over to air filter. Feel a difference in 2nd and 3rd already. Sounds less screamy at high revs aswell. I like. Any comments?

Attachments

• 1385774778063.jpg
    1385774778063.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 381
IMO a GA airbox with stock air filter is probably gunna flow as much as a CG with a K&N panel filter, but that's all irrelevant. Tuned intake length and diameter are where you'll get the best gain, but ONLY on a significantly different from standard setup, as the stock intake length and diameter will aready be tuned. I stuck to stock diameter and close to stock length, I moved it to see if I could get any ram air more than anything...

These tests don't take into consideration the limitations of the CG engines.

We're not looking for peak power too, we're looking for a better bhp and torque curve. I am anyway.

A pod filter is a useless on its own. Panel filters are always going to good as they'll fit the factory tuned airbox.

On my new WIP it's got a ripspeed pod filter attached to what looks like a dryer hose, placed next the the DS headlamp.

Cannot imagine it'll do much

Tbh, the biggest restriction is probably the intake manifold, t doesn't exactly look flow-freindly...

And yeah the IM does look a bit restrictive. Tempted to take mine off and clean it. Should help a little.

You know what they say in f1 though, marginal gains add up

This was my best option. Dump the inlet manifold and ram some air straight in lol.

:)
Ram air doesn't make a significant difference to power until about 112mph, and until then that massive intake diameter will see very low air speeds, so you lose the inertial supercharging which loses you power...

Having had a lot of micras from 2 litre turbos to 1 litre turbos from semi tuned to crazy tuned. This is the best style of induction I have ever placed on a car. Mapped or not mapped you can feel the difference. With a 0-60 of 7.34 seconds on a 1.3 there's no question it helps :)

Having had a lot of micras from 2 litre turbos to 1 litre turbos from semi tuned to crazy tuned. This is the best style of induction I have ever placed on a car. Mapped or not mapped you can feel the difference. With a 0-60 of 7.34 seconds on a 1.3 there's no question it helps :)
With what other mods though? I guarantee you won't notice any gains with that setup without other mods (exhaust mostly) as on the stock setup its not the greatest restriction (a system will only flow as well as the greatest restriction which is the exhaust manifold and backbox from what I've seen)

While browsing some topics and looking up some extra info yesterday I came across a small mention of cowl induction did anyone try this on micra and is there enough room to do so?
Also interested in more photos and a writeup of your intake Paul Smith.

Back