• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

antony_aiken's micra Progress

http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/6-NMMicraP1.jpg

Ant, how about the original NME graphics. Nearly did get them replaced when i owned the car.

Mike

yeah..... i would love to do them.......

but then i would love to have the nme chassis too..lol

Looking great Ant, That rear bumper with the cutout looks ace, still can't se no Turbo in that Engine Bay, lol.

Looking forward to seeing the Red Beast again anyway.

yeah, the turbo i havent a clue about at the mo. we figured out between myself and Davey that it would cost the same to post the turbo kit as pick it up....:glare:
but no word from jim-bling yet on the downpipe wherabouts or anything from davey on postage dates or availability of pickup......

so i dont know..lol

ant how much where the carbon panels agian and where did you get them from? iam intrested in getting the boot panel and possibly the rear 1/4's...

they were about £80 from magnum motorsport
they took about 3 months to make em though so you gotta be patient.

having a custom downpipe made for me tomorrow for £25 an hour. but im going there with me tools and he said i can remove the old system and put the new one on and reverse it so we can save some cash..lol

heres what he was doing last week that stopped him..

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 415
new pics of how the car is now and of me wheels if anyone wants them...

Attachments

• Photo-0008.jpg
    Photo-0008.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 375
  • Photo-0009.jpg
    Photo-0009.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Photo-0010.jpg
    Photo-0010.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Photo-0011.jpg
    Photo-0011.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 346
oops... on my way to squarepants house on saturday morning i may have accidentaly written off a mk5 golf GTtdi..... i was going up a very steep icy hill and he was coming down. so i stopped accelerating and pulled into a hedge (the only place i could go) and he slid down the drivers side of my car twonking my front arch. the arch extension is scratched (however it is otherwise untouched) the alloy wasnt even grazed but my front wing has been pushed out of shape.. GRRRR

his car had, broken headlight, broken front bumper, front right wheel bent under, wing bent and alot of red paint down his car......
he didnt seem to mind as he hadnt done any damage to my car and it was his fault. he just got out and said "im so so sorry mate, realy i couldnt do anything to avoid you i could see it hapening in slow motion, ill not get insurance details as it was my fault ill just pay for repairs to my car" fair enough..lol

but how solid are k11's? very solid!

not yet.. gimme chance, im in the middle of painting that inlet manifold and modifying the fuel rail (painting it..lol)

and just checked and that wing is brand new in white for not £1.25 but ................99P!!

mine wouldnt go... she would be driven to micra hell sideways on fire.!!!

picture... you can see the gap at the top of the front arch.... thats al i did..lol

Attachments

• Photo-0027.jpg
    Photo-0027.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 545
having a custom downpipe made for me tomorrow for £25 an hour. but im going there with me tools and he said i can remove the old system and put the new one on and reverse it so we can save some cash..lol

heres what he was doing last week that stopped him..

They look like they know how to make a good exhaust system, I can't see any mention of who and where they are though?

Thanks

shadap..lol

ok, if i can get some round ones i will, but im selling everything atm. its not looking good guys..

inlet manifold and injector rail painted ready to fit with sard fuel regulator..

Attachments

• Photo-0027..jpg
    Photo-0027..jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Photo-0028.jpg
    Photo-0028.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Photo-0029.jpg
    Photo-0029.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Photo-0030.jpg
    Photo-0030.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 313
imo, you should put the ultra open mouth back on, and respray the bit at the bottom of the bumper black and the toweye cover red. oh and the wing red, lol

the open mouth grille has been binned (it was rubish..lol) and i cant afford the filler to make another one.

the car should be going all white eventualy, (swapping the bent bits for nice shiney new white bits)

I used to have some of these rims, 5 of them in fact and without tyres! They are not light (steel) but I reckon they would look good :)

well, ive managed to rescue the cylinder head....

had it skimmed a few thou. to take it back to flat and cleaned up all of the ports with a dremel (got rid of years of carbon build up, was 2mm thick in places!!) got it hot tanked and removed all the valve stem seals....... allthough i cant get the new ones on for love nor money..fwnfwn

heres some pics of the new engine, we have
nissan Big end shells
nissan Main bearing shells
nissan Piston rings
cleaned pistons / rods
cleaned block
Full gasket set
nissan head bolts
fully cleaned Oil pump
new water pump
cleaned sump pickup
cleaned sump
fully sealed and almost ready to go,

just gotta lap in the valves and fit the valve stem seals, remove the top chain off my current engine (as its almost new) and fit my cams and electrics from my current car...... then fit it and mot it.

any ideas on valve stem seals guys?

oh and got some more pics of that mg grilled micra...

Attachments

• Photo-0052.jpg
    Photo-0052.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 361
  • Photo-0046.jpg
    Photo-0046.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Photo-0047.jpg
    Photo-0047.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Photo-0048.jpg
    Photo-0048.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 269
  • Photo-0049.jpg
    Photo-0049.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Photo-0050.jpg
    Photo-0050.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 379
  • Photo-0051.jpg
    Photo-0051.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 416
  • Photo-0053.jpg
    Photo-0053.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Photo-0054.jpg
    Photo-0054.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Photo-0055.jpg
    Photo-0055.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Photo-0045.jpg
    Photo-0045.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Photo-0044.jpg
    Photo-0044.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Photo-0043.jpg
    Photo-0043.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 261
  • Photo-0042.jpg
    Photo-0042.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Photo-0041.jpg
    Photo-0041.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Photo-0040.jpg
    Photo-0040.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 271
  • Photo-0039.jpg
    Photo-0039.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 266
car looks awesome mate, i have a couple of sets march nipples if your interested, dont think they bulb holders are there tho

ooh yes please... pm me with details..hehe

oh and valves are now lapped in and are sealing nicely, just one question..

i have tried fitting the valve stem seals but i cant get em on...
ive tried putting some oil in them and the socket trick...... but to no avail.... and i dont want to welly them on in case i bend or damage one..

do i need to use a special tool or is there a simple way of getting the little bug-stard's on?

4c48_1.JPG

right then i have just won these...

not sure weather to fit them and sell my rota's or sell these on here for all you wannabe euro guys?

let me know, they are weller steel racing wheels from the 70's, 14" x 7", 4x100PCD and et10 (so will stick out quite far)

offers around £180 please..

That's like one of those trick photos, anyone else see them with the spokes bulging outwards at first sight?

its all done on my 5m pixel phone.. it does take awesome photos, but not when your covered in oil..lol

I'll let you off then :) looks like phone cameras don't like close-ups

Great Blog here Ant, I think the alloys will really suit you car, what will you be doing with the old ones?

Also with those new steelies can you put them on backwards so they stick out further? For example if you had a set of standard steelies if you reversed them they would stick out further.

some of us dont have a job........ ive gotta make money somewhere...

and i dont apreciate people posting up the cost price of stuff i have bought....

£180 is a very very reasonable price. thats delivered too..

ive got to go to nottingham to collect these..

Back