• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Andys k11

Andys k11 Piks up in post #3 :D

Only getting round to putting up my build thread now :)

Bought my 1st K11 last week and set to work on it straight away

1st thing was to set about lowering it :p and yes i did cut the springs which is only temporary untill i get coilovers

I then sprayed the 3 spoke alloys bright green for a bit of fun :p

Removed evrey sticker on the car with the aid of a heat gun and TFR'd the whole car and the engine bay :)

The interior was also strippd out leaving just front seats and door cards and carpet

gave it a good service new oil spark plugs oil and air filters

Purchased a set of Cobra Monaco fixed back bucket seats and fitted those.

Then took the car to Dee's Exhausts who did a top job making my exhaust system out of 1" 3/4 stainless steel. Its a decat system onto an ashley sports back box. Its ####ing loud but i love it.

I have also split the headlights and smoked them black :p

thats about it for now will update when progress has been made :)

Sorry about the lack of pics photo bucket is under maintenance :( will post up when it is working again

C&C welcome

Piks as Promised :D

These 3 spoke wheels are temporary untill i get mini lites :D

02122009146.jpg

02122009147.jpg

02122009153.jpg

30112009128.jpg

30112009129.jpg

Would love these wheels on it but sadly wrong offset :(
30112009133.jpg

More piks to follow when i take them :p of the bucket seats and new exhaust system :D

those 3-spokes are awesome, was looking at getting a set myself but stumbled upon a set of 14" panasport FCs going dirt cheap, so snapped them up - minilite style so suits the k11 imo...

Thanks guys will be keeping the 3 spokes for winter wheels when the mini lites are purchased :D

And TFR is a cleaning product works wonders on an engine bay also a good wheel cleaner just dont leave it on too long or it will strip the paint off lol

I just spray it on with a squirty bottle and leave for a couple minuites then power hose it off :D no idea where you would get hold of it though it was a mate who had it will ask hima see :D

There defintly not corsa wheels lads there slightly different.

I dont know exactly what make they are they came on the car when i got it.

They will be staying green for the time being :D

Are those TSW tom? i thought thats what the coulda been lol

And yes my exhaust is ridiculous. Put it this way its louder than my mates VTIS ek4 civic when its hitting VTEC and it has a full system onto a spoon N1 back box :p

I will post a wee vid of it up if i ever work out how :S lol

More piks tomorrow of the new seats ect hopefully it stays dry :D

As you can see my bonnet is not sitting right :( the pillar bit that the bonnet catch is conectd to is bent out of shape and causing the bonnet to sit up :( need to get it replaced, was thinking bonnet pins and doing away with the catch :p

More updates soon pay day is next week :p needs new tyres and possibly a clutch or flywheel as there is a nasty rattle when she is Idling but it goes away when the clutch is pressed in.. any thoughts on this guys?

im not sure as i've never had it happen to me personally better off asking someone whos had to replace one sorry :p

the thrust bearing usually gives off more of a squeal rather than a rattle, i hope its not crankshaft endfloat :eek:

Its a funny noise to describe kinda like a grinding sound, Only happens when its idling and stops when you press the clutch in, happens aloso when down shifting letting the clutch out.

It's not a problem, just drive the car how it is. Not worth splitting the g/box til the clutch goes.

Nice rims btw

Back