Aah sooooo much to do...

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
This all has to be sorted by Donny, think I will have a busy few weeks ahead of me and probably a few late nights...

Interior...

- Finish first half of centre console. (NOW DONE!!!)
- Finish second half of centre console. (NOW DONE!!!)
- Replace strip across doorcards and stitch on. (NOW DONE!!!)
- Do rear doorcards. (NOW DONE!!!)
- Recover install, micra bits and around sub. (NOW DONE!!!)
- Sand dash back remove scratches ready for spraying again. (NOW DONE)
- Respray dash in gloss black and inserts colour coded. (ALMOST DONE!!!)
- Spray other interior bits. (BODYSHOP DOING.)
- Amend rear install slants to fit light cage and recover. (Should be easy enough)
- Change subframes for bucket seats. (NOW DONE!!!)
- Make custom enclosure for bootlid TV. (NOW DONE!!!)
- Recover inside of bootlid and fix TV onto it.
- Make mounts for sun visor monitors and fix them up.
- Make custom kick panels.
- Make custom black roofliner. (NOW DONE!!!)

Exterior...

Paintwork sorted, boot cracks sorting and bonnet hinges sorting.

Then when the exterior is complete I will have to:

- Run ICE install wires.
- Run TV/PS2 wires etc.
- Fit dash.
- Fit centre console.
- Fit front/rear doorcards.
- Fit console TV.
- Fit bootlid TV.
- Fit sun visor screens.
- Fit Install.
- Fit seats.
- Fit carpet.
- Fit roofliner.
- Fit kick panels.
- Fit PS2. etc.

Should only take me a day or so to refit everything when I get going with it, as long as everything goes ok, and this all has to be done by Donny in 6 weeks time!!! :eek: I will update this list as I get the stuff done!!!

Aaaah... stress!!! :|

can i ask what you used to do the headliner and how you will be attaching it?

will you be attaching it the the orginal factory fit one?

Yeah using the original one, and attached the material to the top of there, and cut the holes for the interior light etc. Fixed it onto the original one using impact, then it just uses the original mounts to go back up. :)

great stuff, ur micra in my opinion is the coolset i've seen but, where the hell do you get the money for all this man, i'm strugling to keep mine in spark plugs and tyres let alone six billion tvs and a PS2! i envy you!

SteelySniper said:
great stuff, ur micra in my opinion is the coolset i've seen but, where the hell do you get the money for all this man, i'm strugling to keep mine in spark plugs and tyres let alone six billion tvs and a PS2! i envy you!

I work hard and don't waste it (on what I see as pointless things) like going out every night etc. :) Yeah, I like the odd night out and go to the pub for a pint regularly just don't go out and blow it on pointless cr@p I don't need. :) Think all my spare money ends up going on the car one way or another lol. :s Thanks for the comments though everyone!!! :D

stop wasting time on the forums and crack on then dan :p its a shame your so far away as id be up for helping you out

Trying to juggle uni work and car work at the mo, so usually just pop on the forums whilst I'm at uni or doing uni work. :p Yeah, wrong end of the country I think lol. :)

Good luck dan, I know what its like trying to rebuild pretty much a whole car to a short deadline. :)

lol id definately go up the pub evry nite ;) oh wait i do , must be why my k10 looks like a bag of #### :)

Woo!!! List updated... More good progress today on one of my few days off. Got some filler on the first half of console after sanding it, then sanded that, still not totally smooth but its getting there, although I ran out of filler. :( Also put framework for second half of console together last night, and covered it in material today ready for resin, but didn't have anywhere near enough resin to do it so need more of that lol. :( Now on with recovering install which will have a few nice touches along with it. So nearly there with the big things, mainly just lots of little bits for the interior and then lots of spraying. :p Very happy with progress. :D

Nice car mate. meanest lookin micra ive ever seen. how did u do that to the bonnet to make it cover the lights??

Thanks mate. :) Its had a plate welded over it onto the original bonnet but its gunna need redoing again unfortunately. Should be looking kool though hehe. :D

Too much, wouldn't have been to bad if I hadn't have had to get it all done again. :s Luckily, I know the guys so it aint costing me as much as it would do normally.

Back