Update on the beast of late...

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Hi,

Well thought I would post an update of how stuff is going as I aint spoke about it much for a while after the stupid joke kinda went wrong, and since most people know about it now. So I thought I would start with a fresh and let people know what is happening a bit more with the interior, engine and most of all exterior!!!

Basically we got a bit behind schedule just before JAE as it was looking good to be completed for then. I was doing the interior also which was also not ready for JAE so the decision was made to leave it and finish it off taking our time rather than rushing it and making a mess of it a few days before the show. Also gave us the option to put a few extra ideas on there before it gets done. :D

I have been working on the interior still lately, getting it to look something like how I want it, changing pretty much everything to match the colour coding of the spraying!!! So far I have nearly finished all of the install. The doorcards are all planned and will be started soon. They should look quite special hopefully!!! I have smoothed the grain off the dash which looks top quality if I may say so myself, and looks very very shiny!!! The new roofliner is completed and at the moment my room is a mess with car stuff!!! Still gotta sort the subframes for the new seats which are also lush, and with a bit more work and recovering the interior should be ready to go back in. I have modified my custom centre console so it can house a control panel for which all my buttons for everything will be, ie. boot popper, LED's etc. So slowly but surely its getting there.

Exterior wise the new lights are fitted front and rear and the boot has been resmoothed and the skirt repaired where it was cracked. All rust on the car has been sorted out and the bonnet has been flipped to accept the badboy. It also flips 90 degrees now and is on struts which is kinda kool lol. The rear arches have been fitted and moulded into the skirts and look sweet and really flow with the shape of the arches. We put the front arches on but they looked stupidly huge so we took them back off again and they went on the BBQ lol!!! :p Any ideas for rounded subtle front arches?? The door handles and indicators have been smoothed off so its looking damn smooth now!!! The pop button has also been fitted which will eventually pop the doors. Most bodywork is done now and all that is left is a few extra bits and alot of sanding and it will just about be ready for spraying!!! So its getting there. :D

Engine is out and will be rebuilt which Wayne has started on now. Its will be also all colour coded and looking bling!!! And should hopefully perform better when rebuilt. With the struts on the flipped bonnet there's gotta be something worth showing. So that is also work in progress which is looking very promising.

I thought I would post this to keep people updated on what is happening. It was supposed to be a secret but the original deadline has passed for the showing now and so I thought I would make it open what is happening again and let everyone know how things are coming along, for which I am very happy with and had to accept that it would be better in the long run missing JAE and getting everything done perfect rather than rushing it. I have also attached a few pics of stuff that I have done. May post pictures of the bodywork later on but I will see lol. A huge thanks to Wayne for working so hard on the car, its much appreciated and it is starting to look great now. Can't wait for the finished product, it should look very very sweet. Hopefully won't be too long now. :D Enjoy the pics all. :)

Modified dash console, will no doubt change again in the next few months lol.
[attachment=1546]
Nice mess in my room!!! :S
[attachment=1547]
Bucket seats anyone lol??
[attachment=1548]
Nice recovered install hehe. Quite pleased with myself for that one.
[attachment=1549]

Attachments

• location.JPG
    location.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 276
Fully soundsproofed interior... :)
[attachment=1553]
New mirrors with poppers. :)
[attachment=1554]
Smooth dash. Still to house gauges in it later on.
[attachment=1555]

:D

looking spiffing Dan, sure u aint got any more pics? From what ive been hearing its gonna look well mental when completed, hope things keep on track this time

ben

Dan,

I wish the very best that everything now goes to plan and after everything that has happened I really do hope it all turns out well for you with the finished product.

The interior bits look very well put together and your plans for the interior sound great, almost like finishing off what I started and I do very much like the new amp rack covering. It will do you good as the finished car will be a world apart from when I owned it and will then definately be your car if you understand what I mean.

Obviously I have seen the said leaked images and Wayne showed me some anyway and I do think that the final product will look good, I just hope the fitment and spraying is upto your standards to really set off the car.

Anything I can help you with, just ask and I look forward to seeing it finished.

Do you think it would be ready for our santa pod meet on the 21st of August? should be around 25+ members going and a good day to reveal the car so to speak.

Kev :)

I am hoping so yes mate. That will hopefully be the next deadline I reckon and its my birthday the day after that weekend so I would really enjoy taking the finished car up the strip so yes I am hoping to make it for then. Cheers for the comments Kev and others, the amp rack really took some doing as the vinyl stuff that I used didn't have much stretch in and couldn't be moved to cover bits unlike the fluffy material that was on there lol, but I'm really happy with how its turned out as it looks quite professional. :D

I know what you mean Kev and as I have always said I wanted to add my touch to the car and I think that this is doing so hehe so I'm just hoping it all turns out great and looks the part when it's done. :) I will post a few pictures of the arches and other bits up in a bit.

Rear arches... :D
16-dans%20arches%20white2.jpg

Shiny and smoothed off roof... :)
15-black%20shiny%20smooth%20roof.jpg

Badboy coming along nicely... :p Gunna have it taken back slightly as the lights looked too small with it as it was.
18-Photo-0135.jpg

Work in progress rear brava lights...
21-P7020432.JPG

More to follow soon. :love:

wow....beauty!

I love the way the rear arch follows the "horizontal folded part" half way the panel/door. If u know what i mean...:laugh:

Dan,

You know what I always wanted to do with that bonnet scoop was to smooth the edges off and remove the harsh lines of the scoop, so it was almost part of the bonnet meeting in the middle.

The car is looking very interesting, I see what you mean with the bonnet it makes the lights look too small as it is now

Kev

18-Photo-0135.jpg

Looks a bit like E.T to me. As Kev says, certainly looks "interesting". Doesn't look like a micra anymore anyway. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I'll reserve judgment until it's completed...

To be honest, i think its a shame to wreck / change an already awesome k10! i know its yours and you can do what you want with it, but how Kev had it was fantastic!! the arch work and other modifications could have been done to another k10.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how it looks when its finished! I just hope the most modified K10 and one of the best looking doesnt get destroyed by its make over!

Arnold said:
To be honest, i think its a shame to wreck / change an already awesome k10! i know its yours and you can do what you want with it, but how Kev had it was fantastic!! the arch work and other modifications could have been done to another k10.

Agreed - that's basically what I was trying to hint at!

We will just have to wait and see won't we?? There were parts of the car that I didn't like which looked like they needed updating to suit the rest of my car. I hated the look of the back lights and the front lights looked to square in my opinion so I wanted to put my stamp on it and make it look how I wanted it to look. Only time will tell but judging by this photoshop that I did, I think it should look quite kool!!! ;)

Also, it is not Kev's car anymore!!! And this is partly the reason for me doing these changes, to get rid of the label Kevs old car, I know Kev put alot of work iinto it and it did look great, but I have also put alot of work, effort and money iinto it and its now up to me what I do to it!!!

30-front%20view%20lights.jpg

Whether I agree with what Dan's doing to the car is not the issue, it's not my car anymore!! and I know that people keep reminding Dan that Kev won't be happy at this and Kev won't like that etc etc is only going to annoy him.

I think people have to let go that I don't own it anymore, I certainly have done, and moved on. I'm still keen to watch it's progress and give opinions, but I have no say in what happens to it. Until major changes where made to this car it was always going to be "my car" I styled it and for a lot of it, actually worked on it, such as the install and fitting of the bodykit in parts. To be honest it looked pretty much the same when I had it in the work in progess stages and you can't judge it properly until it's done

I too have concerns not to how it will look, but more to the quality of the workmenship, which could ultimately let it down. Wayne himself has admitted to still be learning the trade and we are still to see a finished car by Wayne and spraying is an art of it's own. As long as the modifications are done well and lines follow such as the rear arches do on the entire car it will be ok combined with a good quality respray. Wayne has done a superb job of getting the rear arches to get them to sit as well as they do so and I'm impressed with them so far.

The bonnet in my opinion such as Dan mentioned covers to much of the lights and needs altering. The tailgate should look good when it's finished and mine looked just the same in work in progress stages. I lot of you haven't had bodykits fitted in this way, it kind of has to get worse before it gets better.

Kev

Cheers Kev. :)

Yeah even now its kinda scary seeing it as its coming together lol, as it still looks a mess as would be expected at this stage, although you can get a feel of how it might look, but its hard to imagine it done and completed and looking show standard like how it was before all the work started. Hopefully won't be too long now though. :D I've finished recovering the install now anyway. :)

15-P7280631.JPG

Back