• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Cleaned the engine bay for crail next sunday as i cant drag it, also a pic of how ill show it off :)

69751050.jpg

fdc27190.jpg

Been tidying up the engine bay again, coolant hose set fitted, new dump valve silicone tee, re-heatwrapped top pipe and adjusted to clear bonnet, newer radiator, braided fuel hoses, tegiwa power steering/brake fluid covers, genuine nissan fuel filter, tidied the wiring up a bit. Still a few more bits to do before crail!

ffb314a4.jpg

6529ae1e.jpg

Cheers penyo, i yellow flyeyed them but i dont like it so my minds still not sure yet!

Also today i was at crail not racing due to the lack of management but thought we'd stick it on the grass looking its best. Cleaned it then opened the bonnet and before we knew it crowds of people around, then had a chat with the banzai guy who took some details and gave me a sticker so i got him to put it on for me. Then a couple hours from the end a different banzai guy (steve mccann) introduces himself and says he wants to feature it so i couldnt refuse!!! Whilst speaking to him he said of all the cars here only my car and a civic were getting featured, all a shock really but im glad my work is paying off. I also spoke to a guy who will setup my car so all in all a great day!! Now for a few pics...

41670ef2.jpg

565f29f5.jpg

9a88b8fb.jpg

6bdb1ec9.jpg

7288f11f.jpg

09813d41.jpg

9c016d52.jpg

Will do! Hes coming to see me in a few weeks so ive got till then to find where im going to have it done. And to tidy little bits up that wont matter but for peace of mind haha

Cheers guys! Well tonight i took my centre caps to the powdercoaters and literally decided to get more done so ive handed in my inlet, fuel rails, throttle body, dizzy, wiper motor bracket and thermostat housing :) updates to follow once done

fc860196.jpg

You need some NGK sparkcables Stani :p Doesn't know if they improve anything, only for the look :)

Good idea penyo but theres no other stani's on here to sell it too LOL

Recieved my wheel centres back today, also got my wideband so ill fit the extra bung while the cars immobile :p

77e6ab48.jpg

e575eaaf.jpg

Last night me and big mike tried to remove the front section of my exhaust to fit the bung for the wideband but failed! So today after work i managed to wriggle it off myself, drill a hole, weld the bung in and refit in 2 hours. Then i had to give the car a quick clean as the birds were not very nice to my clean car!

84cae5e9.jpg

5111ffb8.jpg

279ca6d1.jpg

WHAT A NIGHT! Recieved all my powdercoated stuff back so got to work with cleaning everything up and rebuilding the throttle body/dizzy from scratch. Always thinking that if theres going to be any problems its these. Anyway got everything together then realised the battery was flat so took a jump from my van and the engine would only turn over so doubled check everything which was fine so checked for fuel/spark. Theres a spark but no fuel from injectors, done the tests which showed theres fuel going into and out of the fuel rail just not out the injectors. So thought maybe the baking procedure duribg powdercoating had maybe played with the stock regulator inside so tried another but same outcome. Tried other injectors but still no change so gave up for the night at about 11.30 after spending 7 hours on the car. Then as im seeing my mate out the house it clicked!

Ive temporarily lost my key/fob, so was using the girlfriends key to try an start the car BUT i removed the chip from this key months ago!!!! Honestly the most stupid things always happen to me, but its my birthday now and in the morning ill be putting it back together and have a little laugh when she fires up

Peace out! ;)

Honestly we all had a big laugh after scratching out heads like monkeys for hours! To top it off ive not got my original dials in the car so the ones that are fitted have bulbs missing i.e. engine management!

Stani1029 said:
Honestly we all had a big laugh after scratching out heads like monkeys for hours! To top it off ive not got my original dials in the car so the ones that are fitted have bulbs missing i.e. engine management!

I bet there was a lot of f-ing and blinding going on, I would have lost it if I was in that situation

Cars all running sweet, cant believe it was that simple! Also got all the little niggly bits sorted like rattly exhaust and fit complete wideband setup. Upon driving the car the AFR sits nice even when it first comes on boost but if i simply give the throttle a small bash you can see the gauge shooting up into the low 16's.

Powdercoated bits
4e1463b7.jpg

Where ive mounted the wideband gauge (turbo timer above)
c5409bca.jpg

Ive not gave it WOT yet.....too scared incase something bad happens lol what do you recommend i try?
heh, i,m the last one to ask about mapping :) as long a it only leaning for a split second then enriching ok i guess its wont hurt.
i fitted the vacuum damper onto mine to stop it going rich too early and to make the throttle response a bit crisper :)

From what ive seen frank yeah it is, i havent held the throttle down to see what happens once it shoots up. Ill leave that too my mapper :) and blame him for lack of 4 pistons haha!

i havent held the throttle down
i know the feeling mate :)
i,ve had this TD05 @ WOT many times but hav,nt taken this high comp engine over 5 k yet tho, i,m on full boost now and it feels like the thing is gonna explode at 5k + !!
mine was a bit slow to react when set to 4 psi, i think the wastegate jerks open slightly from the initial surge, with the softer 4 psi spring and that delays the rate of boost somehow

Haha know the feeling! Well ive yet to put the foot right down, take it above 4500rpm at most or reach full boost. This is not like me ;) will be worth it at the end of the road, i reckon july and it'll be mapped then if anythings needed afterwards to make it 100% then mid august completed.

Still to upload a pic of my completed RB25-CG13 fuel rail with huge thanks to Frank :D

Not alot been happening with the car at the moment, I managed to temporarily fix the oil return pipe leak. My problem being both fittings having different sized OD's. So ill put matched fittings on when i take it all apart for its clutch change. Heres what im left to buy and do before remap:

Still to buy

Boost controller (Turbosmart e-boost 2)
S14a Air filter and adaptor

Things to do

Put back together RB fuel rail, redo fuel lines once fitted
Fit uprated fuel pump
Fit helix clutch kit
Fit S14a MAF sensor snd filter
Fit boost controller
Redo sump fitting for oil return
Change fluids/filters

Future plans

Buy some sort of slick tyre for drag racing
Full whiteline kit
Bigger brakes
Build a proper turbo engine or sell/swap the whole car

the only thing in that engine bay that lets it down is the minging power steering pipes,.... will they polish up?.. if not... would you have a stainless cover made up for the manifold.?

the only thing in that engine bay that lets it down is the minging power steering pipes,.... will they polish up?.. if not... would you have a stainless cover made up for the manifold.?

The pipes at the top left of the engine? Think i need to sand the metal parts and respray as they dont clean :( And Im not going to get a cover made up

Well last night around 22.15pm i got a text from steve mccann asking if i was free tonight for my banzai magazine feature. Apart from the short notice i was totally up for it. So we met up at my house around 7pm and went to a location he found on his way to mines, id been searching mad for weeks for the right place and he finds a perfect place in minutes! So he got all his bling set up and snapped away getting me to move the car around a bit, some shots with mates in it, some with me alone, some moving ones, engine bay and interior too. Im very pleased with the pictures that i seen and cannot wait to get my copy of all the good photos he took! Finished up at 22.45 then chatted until 23.30 before pickIng up a mcdonalds for supper and calling it a night so heres 1 pic in the meantime:

0b259716.jpg

Back