1.6?

awesome! think i may play tomorrow as im worn out. Got all excited today lol. oh well its the nature of what im doing

I think I will space it with washers to see how much it needs to be spaced l out then measure. Then make a spacer up instead of washers using dust plate as a guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So spaced out the gearbox and engine turns nice and easy now. Went to crank the engine over and the starter just click click clicked like if the battery was flat. The battery is flat but I tried jumping it off a charged k11 battery, then a jump pack then my 1.8 astra whilst it was running. Then removed k10 battery and used just the k11 battery and still the same. The started I checked on the bench. Seems fine but not ruling it out just yet. My only other thought is the flywheel. I am pretty sure it's a preface lift k11 flywheel. Would a post facelift k11 flywheel fit in the bell housing? Any one think of any other possible faults? Leaning towards starter but was ok before took it out of the k10.

Try turning the engine over by the crank pulley bolt an see if its free if it turns the flywheel isnt fouling. Saves you removing the box to find out

Pre facelift 1.0 flywheel? I'd try rolling the car in gear to ensure the engine turns freely, then try a bumpstart if all is well to rule out the starter eh

Yeh the post facelift flywheel is bigger? So was advised to use the preface lift with the centre bored out to fit the crank. Couldn't use k10 as it a 5 bolt crank and the ga16 is 6 bolt

Any thoughts Frank? My friend reved the astra to about 3k and when I cranked the Micra and it seemed to draw a lot. Really wanting to hear it start lol.

It's a ga block and the k10 ma10 original gearbox. People have put ga16 with k11 gearbox and the cg engines fit the k10 box was my thinking...

Any thoughts Frank? My friend reved the astra to about 3k and when I cranked the Micra and it seemed to draw a lot. Really wanting to hear it start lol.

if its not a preface 1.0 f/w on a k10 or preface 1.0 g/box ? then the f/w will be sticking out too far

I added spacers still the same so pulled the started out and tested it in the bay. It's kicking out but not spinning now. So brand new one ordered! It will run lol.

So got the new starter and it's doing the same. Kicking out not spinning. Even when it's not bolted in just resting in the bay. Bench tested the old old I thought was faulty but that's working fine. Getting stuck. Any ideas??

I don't see how it can go wrong. Battery cable. Earth cable (plus extra earth from block to battery). Black/ purple ignition switch wire.

What needs to be plugged in for the engine to crank over?

please elaborate :) i made a starting handle for my old mini many moons ago, i just made a dog for the pulley nut, and shoved it through the n/s wheel :)

images.jpeg

Haha awesome. I mean wiring wise. All I have plugged in so far is the gearbox wiring ( thinks that's just reverse switch ) the alternator and the 3 wires to starter.

So the starter is ok until it's using the wiring in the bay. Last guess is the + cable but that's clutching at straws.

and you have the constant live from the batt + to the starter solenoid ? and the signal wire from the ign switch to the small solenoid connector ? and an earth from the batt to the chassis and g/box bolt ?

Yes, yes and the negative from battery I have put to chassis and then to starter -? That not correct? Where about on the gearbox?

So after changing the earth to the starter motor bolt as Frank said the engine turned over slowly! Checked the battery to find it was duff so went and got a new one. Then it turned over nice and strong. Primed the fuel system and checked oil pressure all good. Then this happened...

it lives

No progress for a while as I wait for parts to arrive. Going to fit new k11 wishbones and see if the k11 polly bush kit will work on k10. New k11 track rod ends, new k11 brakes, new k11 calipers, new brake hoses, k11 hubs and corsa spax front coilovers. And new wheels ;)

Back