1.6?

Do you know how much it needs to be open up by off hand? i can measure it but if you happen to know? I am well chuffed. the clutch will be the weak link so ill have in invest in a nice one i think.

its about 5mm iirc, and the f/w,s are hubcentric (balance critical)
unlike wheels which are lugcentric, the f/w bolts have a lot of clearance and rely on the centerbore for accurate centering

i have a f/w some place just need to find it then do some measuring and work out if i can do it or if i need to get it done.

Took the early k11 1.0l f/w and had it machined out. Just a bit hot to work in this weather! I don't have the 100nx engine sub-frame so will have to deal with what i have got. The K10 alternator fits on the 100nx alternator bracket just need a different pulley. gearbox is 40 mm towards the n/s so shafts will need to be modded. but its looking good!

Fitted a k11 alternator pulley on the k10 alternator. Getting inlet and exhaust flanges made up so I can make the manifolds up when they are back. Still in the process of mounting the engine in the bay but a but short on time.

I have seen that panther paddle clutch you can get for a k10. Any one know if it's any good?

Exhaust manifold almost done for the 1.6 so some progress!

578383_10151558655226695_2008577903_n.jpg

970897_10151558655036695_1775488661_n.jpg

935899_10151558654956695_760266106_n.jpg

I just got a generator so i can get power to my garage at last. So i will remove the engine mount from the chassis and move it to where it needs to be and go from there. If i change engine ill just redo it again :p

small update

made up inlet mani:

IMG_25841_zps68322808.jpg

Removed gearbox and installed modded gearbox mount:

IMG_34501_zps4d1521c8.jpg

Installed the Bored out k11 1.ol flywheel and k 10 clutch :

IMG_34511_zpsbae5f83d.jpg

IMG_34531_zpsa6355327.jpg

Cleaned out the k10 gearbox bell housing (help form Mphgoose):

IMG_34541_zps373fde88.jpg

Gearbox installed and rear mount bolted on

Hope to make up the engine mount tomorrow at work if i get the time then just the gearbox mount and the front mount.

Anyone on here know if the sensors on the ga16 (ie oil pressure and water temp... think thats it) are the same as k10 ones? Or do i need to use the k10 ones? Thanks

The same I think, or at least the same connector I'd imagine. Same connection as on a K11 anyway

I'm using franks hybrid clutch.
Cg13 friction plate (45 degree ground onto outside edge) bolted to cg10 spline bit. Then grind down inside edge of the cover bit.
Just about handled the power, little bit off slip, but I never put the valve spring on the lever like he suggested. Will be doing that once mine is running again :)

Engine in, half the wiring back on. Just got to work out how to wire dizzy up...
a3yvynas.jpg

Drive shafts sent off have the length corrected. So got to wore in the fuel pump. Anyone know where to get power from for that? I guess I need an ignition live but where from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using the ga ecu?
Edit: just seen your using the carb dizzy, if I remember I'll have a look at the service manual and give you a simple diagram

yeh 4 wires. How many on yours? I think it will be a positive, an earth and a signal for coil but there is 4? no idea to be honest!

yeh 4 wires. How many on yours? I think it will be a positive, an earth and a signal for coil but there is 4? no idea to be honest!
Think I had 4 but didn't use one and it works fine

Blue to coil negative
Black to earth
Green to coil positive.
I'll confirm tomorrow :)

you are a star yeh that would be good to make sure. thanks for the help mate. Did you do your own drive shafts out in interest?

No i have got a local firm we use at work to do them but my god the price... I just don't want them to be unbalanced and get them strait lol

How do I know clutch release bearing is in properly? And I may have lost the bracket that goes into the clutch cable and the clutch leaver on the gearbox...

Thanks a lot. Still waiting on shafts! Going to go gun metal grey I think engine bay. Any other suggestions? Red inlet so far

Well I painted my can cover today:
9ameme5a.jpg
5u2uza5a.jpg

Then went to the garage to clean up the block ready for paint and ended up mostly stripping the bay:

me2y4a7y.jpg

Edit: better picture

Hope to clean it up more tomorrow. Get the wings off and start prep for paint.

Last edited:
Back