1.6?

Oh I see. I read it as you were putting a remote servo in.
Its possible but it'll be a fiddle :)
Unclip the brake pipes to give yourself a bit of flexibility

Awesome thanks. I'll tackle that tonight. Drive shafts are ready to collect so may try and get them this lunch time so I can build them up tomorrow ready for the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished painting the engine:

pu3yhu2e.jpg

And engine bay prep is underway

ra2a4eda.jpg

This is not easy as I don't have and lifting equipment and no one was free to help free the engine from the bay! Getting there

So at 3:20 in the morning after prepping and spraying till 10 at night I was on the way home from a friends house and could not hold back the anticipation of how my bay looked. So I went and looked. Result :

yhana8a5.jpg

Mega happy!!! Tomorrow to continue...

4-1 seemed to be the easiest to make as I had to make it away from the car. Need to mock up down pipe and flexi and weld it up.

Anywhere between the pump and the engine, as its an in-tank pump that means anywhere between the tank and the engine :)

It was a mechanical pump on engine I blocked off and going to use I think it's a silver top carb fuel pump near tank. Thanks guys. Make the bay a bit less cluttered. Carbs are on and vac lines and fuels line done in the bay now. Drive shafts, wiring, fuel pump and lines for it to do next

Nor on GA engines... mechanical pumps are usually driven off an extra cam lobe on the camshaft... not seen anything like that on the 16v twin cam head, is yours an 8v or 12v engine?

K10s have a fuel sender and a mechanical pump on the MA engine apart from the eccs engines

GA16 DS is the same setup. Fuel sender and mechanical pump

I replaced my pump with a the posi flow pump to fuel the swirl pot and silver top pump to fuel the engine

Replacement diaphragms probably hard to come by eh, and if the cam lobe wears theres no way of getting new cams...

Replacement diaphragms probably hard to come by eh, and if the cam lobe wears theres no way of getting new cams...
Very true :) hence my 2 pump setup instead
These cams are particularly saught after too by DE owners as they offer 2mm more lift iirc. Leaving even less replacements for us DS owners

Managed to get a lot done today. Need to wire up fuel pump and plumb in heater matrix. I have also lost the main power cable! The one from the battery to the starter. And these:
tupa3eqa.jpg

Attach to

That would be awesome if you could thank you. So pleased with the finish so far. Need to wire tuck it I think. Like it sparse ish under there

Last edited:
So went to start the engine! And! Nothing. turns out the gear box has locked the flywheel by the casting for the starter mount pressing against it... Can one one see a problem with spacing the gear box away from the engine with a washer or two? I think that will cure it but will it be safe?

hmm true. If i use the dust plate that's a bit of work ( shafts, box, clutch, flywheel). So think washers would be ok? As i can do that easy.

Back