Micra sports 1.6

Hi there everyone. Gary here and new to this site.

Have just acquired a lovely 2007 3 door Micra 1.6 sports.

I previously had a 1993 1.3 Micra which was a dream for 7 years.

Needed another car quickly when PJ (the 1.3L) failed her MOT and was deemed un-repairable

Long story short ended up getting this car although had been looking at 1.2-1.4 L models.

Just a few thoughts and questions if I may: firstly it’s a firmer ride than I anticipated. Firmer by far then my 1.3 L. I guess this is due to sports suspension? Anyone else feel the rise is firm?

I haven’t yet adjusted seat and steering wheel to best position but will do so.

Seats are lovely and fabric is gorgeous grey. Not sure how supportive they will prove over longer distances?

The other thing is the gearing and acceleration. The clutch bite point seems high and perhaps this is responsible for me revving the car between gear changes

Is this car natural revvy between the gear change? Seems a little racy especially in the lower gears and seems happier changing gears at a lower speed than I would have thought. Any thoughts and ideas? Also doesn’t seem to have a lot of pull in 5th uphill?

I love the dash instrumentation set up. Quite lovely.

Do these cars come with parking sensors as standard? Mine doesn’t seem to have. Not that you really need! Lol.

Well that’s it for now but am sure will have further questions!

Many thanks in advance for any guidelines on the best way to drive these little beauties.

Gary.

Back